Anatomy of a misfield - Demo by Praveen

vvvslaxman

There was one incident of a terrible misfielding in CSK or DC in IPL 2 I suppose. Was it involving Jakati. I have a vague memory of that incident but dont remember what exactly happened. I remember Dhoni getting upset a bit with that. There was also one involving Fidel Edwards for DC I suppose. I forgot both of them and the sequence of the misfieldings but they were also very funny.

There were couple more incidents involving Praveen. One was taking catch atleast a foot inside the fence and walked backwards to touch the rope. Tendulkar took a much more difficult catch and could stay within the rope. This guy made a mess of it. Another incident where he tried to push the ball inside ended up pushing outside 1 run became a 4. I have to admit this guy is "unhidable" (if there is such a word)

Our ground fielding is quite shocking at times. Almost every match, we drop a catch that should have been taken or concede 10-15 extra runs due to sloppy outfielding. In the first match, the Nehra drop of Pwnting at the deep extra-cover boundary (worse, the ball ended up going for six) probably cost us the match. Obviously the team knows that there is a problem with a few of the guys, yet it seems as though little is done to correct the problem. I understand that not everyone’s a natural when it comes to fielding, but at the very least, the ‘suspect’ cases should be given some additional training to improve their co-ordination and general sense of awareness on the field.

murghi pakdo lagan style...then see the results. but seriously, if you look at our team training sessions, they are usually playing soccer to be quick in the field. OZ players play rugby or football(american) which actually requires a lot of catching and running at the same time. I feel that rugby or football are better training tools than soccer.

There was one incident of a terrible misfielding in CSK or DC in IPL 2 I suppose. Was it involving Jakati. I have a vague memory of that incident but dont remember what exactly happened. I remember Dhoni getting upset a bit with that. There was also one involving Fidel Edwards for DC I suppose. I forgot both of them and the sequence of the misfieldings but they were also very funny.
CSK misfielding v Deccan Chargers cant be matched with anything, they were far more superior to these small errors, those were huge errors :giggle:
murghi pakdo lagan style...then see the results. but seriously, if you look at our team training sessions, they are usually playing soccer to be quick in the field. OZ players play rugby or football(american) which actually requires a lot of catching and running at the same time. I feel that rugby or football are better training tools than soccer.
why dont they just stick to 'fielding practice'?