Squad rotation- who should be rested and when...

Sooda

If it all. I hope SRT dosent play more than 5 matches Ideally Dhoni too, but cant see that happening. Maybe Ishant and Gambhir to keep em fresh for tests. Of course all depends on how the series pans out and injuries etc, and if we can take a good lead. Regardless of results though, I hope Sachin can be left out of the next squad and perhaps bring Vijay in. Kartik should be got in as well, make it a 16 man squad. If we win the series before the last match MSD can sit out. Munaf can take Ishants place for a match or two. And Kohlis there to come in for someone Or do you think they should all play every match? :hmmm: Discuss.

Since MSD is one of our main batsmen I think we should get Karthik in and get him to keep as well. Karthik is in decent form with the bat too. MSD can not keep' date=' lead and be a top bat for a long time, if he continues to perform all 3 roles then he will either get injured , stressed or lose his batting form.[/quote'] That's not the case for every one. For some, form comes with leadership and the tendency to be in charge. Dhoni is our main batsman? I didn't know that :yikes: He has won us one game in this series so far which does not make him the main batsman. You never know who shines in the next game and the one after that. If there is some one who is ahead of dhoni as far as batting is concerned in the Indian XI then it's consistent Gambhir :two_thumbs_up: We need to win 3 games to secure this series. One will come from Yuvi and One from GOD so let's see who does the job for the third game.:cheer::cheer:
That's not the case for every one. For some' date=' form comes with leadership and the tendency to be in charge. [b']Dhoni is our main batsman? I didn't know that :yikes: He has won us one game in this series so far which does not make him the main batsman. You never know who shines in the next game and the one after that. If there is some one who is ahead of dhoni as far as batting is concerned in the Indian XI then it's consistent Gambhir :two_thumbs_up: We need to win 3 games to secure this series. One will come from Yuvi and One from GOD so let's see who does the job for the third game.:cheer::cheer:
You obviously have not been watching Indian cricket for the past 2 years then. Thats okay though.
That's not the case for every one. For some, form comes with leadership and the tendency to be in charge. Dhoni is our main batsman? I didn't know that :yikes: He has won us one game in this series so far which does not make him the main batsman. You never know who shines in the next game and the one after that. If there is some one who is ahead of dhoni as far as batting is concerned in the Indian XI then it's consistent Gambhir :two_thumbs_up: We need to win 3 games to secure this series. One will come from Yuvi and One from GOD so let's see who does the job for the third game.:cheer::cheer:
Since MSD is one of our main batsmen
!=
Dhoni is our main batsman?

Gambhir. He just came back from groin and shoulder issues - those things can get chronic if not handled properly. And at this point, he is our most consistent bat - gotta make sure we don't over-work him. Besides, to some extent - 1-down is the most easiest spot to fill in the batting line-up... Bring back my boy Rohit I say :--D

You obviously have not been watching Indian cricket for the past 2 years then. Thats okay though.
May be you haven't been watching Indian cricket since '07 and on! From what I understand, India's journey to the top of the tables has only taken place because of team efforts :yes: It's not always dhoni...yuvi, sachin, viru, gauti, dhoni have participated equally.
leader-of-god aka dhoni; there is a reason why he is no 1 odi batsman
The reason for him being number 1 is his consistency obviously but that does not make him the main batsman in the team. His average of 50 is the secret of staying not out in 1/4 of the games he plays because he comes down at number 6 or 7. :two_thumbs_up:
!=
Point noted...silly me :giggle::giggle::giggle: Thanks

"The reason for him being number 1 is his consistency obviously but that does not make him the main batsman in the team. His average of 50 is the secret of staying not out in 1/4 of the games he plays because he comes down at number 6 or 7." You make that sound so easy and simple, I am wondering why no other batsman at no 6 or 7 hasan avg of 50 in last 2 years and why every batsman who has to bat at 6-7 in ODIs, says its the toughest job batting so low in the order.

Some players - Tendulkar for sure; and Ishant and MSD for at least one match should be rested regardless of how the series goes. Gambhir, as sandeep rightly says, one of our most consistent bats and just back from inj. He can sit out one match in between. They are going to be playing a fair bit over the coming months and we need them fit for bigger challenges

MSD can not keep' date=' lead and be a top bat for a long time, if he continues to perform all 3 roles then he will either get injured , stressed or lose his batting form.[/quote'] Cant agree more. And Kartik is a very handy deputy, good keeper and good bat. Shouldnt be all at once of course, if we can plan it so the team is not weakened too much...
"The reason for him being number 1 is his consistency obviously but that does not make him the main batsman in the team. His average of 50 is the secret of staying not out in 1/4 of the games he plays because he comes down at number 6 or 7." You make that sound so easy and simple, I am wondering why no other batsman at no 6 or 7 hasan avg of 50 in last 2 years and why every batsman who has to bat at 6-7 in ODIs, says its the toughest job batting so low in the order.
Forget the last 2 years, lets talk about all time in ODI cricket. Anyway batting at 3-4 Dhoni averages 80-90, so it can't be not outs down the order as some people suggest that make him #1