Ranji Trophy - Super League 2009-2010 - Discussion thread

Well they need someone for 12th man. Badri was sent back to play. Btw why is Rahane opening and Jaffer at 5 for Mumbai?
I don't understand that either - it was the same in the previous match. Rahane should be looking to play in the middle order - Sehwag and Gambhir aren't going anywhere from the test side for a few years. Unless, Jaffer as captain is aiming to change himself into a middle order batsman.
I don't understand that either - it was the same in the previous match. Rahane should be looking to play in the middle order - Sehwag and Gambhir aren't going anywhere from the test side for a few years. Unless' date=' Jaffer as captain is aiming to change himself into a middle order batsman.[/quote'] Is it coz Mazumdar isnt there anymore or is it just to give Rahane more play time at the top, any which way, I hope both these batsmen regain their form. I just can't help feeling that all the batsmen after Rohit are batting one position too high in the order. Missing the fat man, heard he is injured? Iqbal did well in the first innings though.

From the sidelines, Dhawan rues the Ranji jinx Dhawan is on a forced three-week vacation from cricket, and will make redundant yet another attempt in six seasons of playing a full season. More... From the sidelines, Dhawan rues the Ranji jinx G S Vivek Posted: Thursday , Nov 26, 2009 at 0059 hrs Lucknow: Almost everybody was convinced about Shikhar Dhawan hitting the purple patch with a double and a hundred to follow in back-to-back games. His elevation to Delhi’s vice-captaincy was the preface, and retaining the central contract on Wednesday was the perfect review of his resurgence and maturity after he made the transition from junior cricket. But only until that flying edge at first slip cracked his right thumb and forced it into a plaster, and sealed his exploits for the Ranji season. Dhawan is on a forced three-week vacation from cricket, and will make redundant yet another attempt in six seasons of playing a full season — irrespective of how high he’s climbed and come down the ladder, Dhawan hasn’t been able to present the full face of the bat to this jinx. “It seems I am jinxed in a certain way. The only thing that crossed my mind when I scored my double century against Baroda in the first game was a sense of hope that at least this year I would be able to play one entire season without being dropped for a game. Strangely though, I have never been able to play one full season despite my best efforts because I always have to make way when Delhi becomes full-strength in the batting department. And when I got a hundred, I thought yes, I was getting there in a good way before this injury happened. It’s frustrating that I won’t complete this season either,” he says. Dhawan is watching helplessly as Delhi battles injury woes in the game against Uttar Pradesh, and Gaurav Chabbra walks in as a make-shift opener as a cover for him. “This was definitely the best form I have ever been over the six years of my career, simply because I got an amazing start to the season,” he reflects for a moment over the last three weeks, before quickly concentrating on the next three he’s have to face without a bat. “I would look to work on my overall fitness. I will not be able to hold the bat for three full weeks and will have to see how much I score when I get into a game after the gap, though I generally don’t fuss about the gap and can get into the groove straightaway,” he says. Dhawan’s fetish for a six-pack or the tattooed body is well-documented but he keeps fiddling new things even on the field, especially about changing his stance — his backlift. He admits he’s not fussy and changes are incorporated as sugar in milk and says the changes been more psychological this season. “More than changing my stance or my technique like I try every year, what I have changed is my way of thinking. Earlier, I used to set targets and tried to achieve them, go through emotions whenever I have not got the deserving results. Now, I just try and enjoy my game, do what comes to me naturally and be happy when people walk up to me to say this is what you have got with your efforts,” he says.

100 from R Sharma helped Mumbai get a decent lead. Now they are in control Delhi in major trouble vs UP. Bowled out for 202 chasing Up's 536 Karnataka gonna own Maharashtra, Pandey missed out with 3 others getting ~150 Gujarat will probably lose to Punjab Saurashtra and Bengal are having a net