Do you think Henriques blocked Dhoni intentionally ( Proof Inside - Pics and Vid )

spectre

I just saw the video and it looks delibrate.. he just took a glimpse from the corner of his eyes to see where dhoni is .. and then he intentionally ran backwards towards him.. and btw. yeahh fielders dont stay that close to collect the throw but they dont run that far away either..

the more i see it' date=' the more deliberate it luks...bt dnt knw to be honest. this guy doesnt av any bad record as he has nt been fined for anything like that. so, benefit of the doubt goes MH[/quote'] it was his international debut.. so how can he be fined before that? or are you even tracking their punihment records in domestic as well

to me it looked very deliberate... if he had any chance of collecting the ball and breaking the wicket, he would have moved closer to the wicket... and if he thought the balls is coming fast and there s no way he can collect it and break the wicket, and allow the ball to hit the wicket by direct throw, he wouldn't have bothered to back up, as there will be another man to do the backing behind him.. most indian bowlers like zaheer, ashish etc when they realize that they cant collect the throw and break the stgumps just stand where they are and watch whether the ball hits directly, instead of running in the batsman's path in the pretext of collecting the ball.. and deliberately colliding with the batsman trying to reach the crease

Ludh nailed it in his previous post. He was backing up dude. There is no way the bowler/fielder will be able to stand right beside the stumps and collect a hard throw rifled in from mid-off with their bare hands.
Completely Agree, his glance back was to check for back up.