I am so sick of Halloween...

THX_1138

:D You just wear a mask and no one figures out. But yeah, I went with kids as there can be cases of muggings, etc.
Why the eff were you in mask when you were trying to "protect" them. Please don't tell me you were also wearing only one glove in your hand as a part of your "dressing up" :pray:

Why the eff were you in mask when you were trying to "protect" them. Please don't tell me you were also wearing only one glove in your hand as a part of your "dressing up" :pray:
No, I wasnt wearing a mask or anything man, just went with the kids only. I wanted to say that one can wear a mask and noone would know the difference unless you're like 7 feet tall.

I have nothing against Halloween (Come on, whats the problem with it? Its time for kids to get dressed up and have some fun, much like kids in India going around in Dusshera..) But what i do find kinda bemusing is that, in such a Paedophile sensitive country like the US where kids are protected like some sort of rare diamonds from strange adults, its odd to see so many kids going around alone without older companions.

I have nothing against Halloween (Come on, whats the problem with it? Its time for kids to get dressed up and have some fun, much like kids in India going around in Dusshera..) But what i do find kinda bemusing is that, in such a Paedophile sensitive country like the US where kids are protected like some sort of rare diamonds from strange adults, its odd to see so many kids going around alone without older companions.
Yes, it is rather ironic.

Lol, thinking about it, I just remembered my first Halloween experience in the US, which happend in 2006. It was only a few months since i landed here and I had no effin clue as to what was what. To begin with, I was mildy shocked to see kids dressed up in all fancy ways knocking on our doors in the first place.. :yikes:(as a newbie student, you hardly get ANY visitors, let alone funnily dressed American white kids..) If that wasnt confusing enough, I couldnt make out what to do when the kids kept saying 'Trick or treat...Trick or treat..'.. what trick? What treat? Does that mean they were going to show us to magic trick? Or were we supposed to do anything.. :nervous::hmmm: After about a couple of minutes of scatching our heads, my room-mates and myself decided enough was enough and decided to ask the kids itself what were supposed to do.. They explained how they go around and people give them 'candy'.. :haha:Now came our next challenge? what the heck is 'candy'? (Come on, its not a word that is used frequently in India is it?..) After extensive deliberations and some hurried searches on google, we did understand it meant chocolate and other sweets..:giggle: Frantically, we searched around the house for any choclate of cookies we may have, but found nothing.. In the end, we gave them some good ol' Brittania biscuits that we had gotten from the Indian store since that was the only thing we had :isalute: :--D

Lol, thinking about it, I just remembered my first Halloween experience in the US, which happend in 2006. It was only a few months since i landed here and I had no effin clue as to what was what. To begin with, I was mildy shocked to see kids dressed up in all fancy ways knocking on our doors in the first place.. :yikes:(as a newbie student, you hardly get ANY visitors, let alone funnily dressed American white kids..) If that wasnt confusing enough, I couldnt make out what to do when the kids kept saying 'Trick or treat...Trick or treat..'.. what trick? What treat? Does that mean they were going to show us to magic trick? Or were we supposed to do anything.. :nervous::hmmm: After about a couple of minutes of scatching our heads, my room-mates and myself decided enough was enough and decided to ask the kids itself what were supposed to do.. They explained how they go around and people give them 'candy'.. :haha:Now came our next challenge? what the heck is 'candy'? (Come on, its not a word that is used frequently in India is it?..) After extensive deliberations and some hurried searches on google, we did understand it meant chocolate and other sweets..:giggle: Frantically, we searched around the house for any choclate of cookies we may have, but found nothing.. In the end, we gave them some good ol' Brittania biscuits that we had gotten from the Indian store since that was the only thing we had :isalute: :--D
you officially outfobbed everyone here

Its one thing to see Americans celebrate it but another to watch Aussies celebrating it. :mad:
Really? I had ZERO trick or treaters and I only knew one friend who was having a Halloween party. I think it's good to get rid of it, there is enough American culture everywhere.

That is awesome Morris... well there's always rice you know :--D

I remember my 1st Halloween Party in Switzerland, I wore a black suit and colored my face with streaks of red..then on the dance floor, had a wild dance with this Finnish girl. Rest of it can be censored but the next morning at breakfast, lets say no one in the school remembered anything

Really? I had ZERO trick or treaters and I only knew one friend who was having a Halloween party. I think it's good to get rid of it' date=' there is enough American culture everywhere.[/quote'] its not very common but we are getting there. Kmart was selling those plastic pumpkins & other decoration items while child care centers , some kids and few adults were celebrating in our suburb . Few years ago it wasnt like this

its not very common but we are getting there. Kmart was selling those plastic pumpkins & other decoration items while child care centers ' date=' some kids and few adults were celebrating in our suburb . Few years ago it wasnt like this[/quote'] You have Kmart in Aussieland??? Is it related to american Kamrt? :blink:

:hysterical: interesting. when I first heard of Halloween and that kids will be knocking on our door steps in a few hours, me and my roommate simply left our apt to the near by mall. :--D