Sehwag should not open

kabira

Sehwag seems to be in great touch. Scoring those meaningless thirities at the top. If he has not score only 30s, he is not good at the top, instead let Gambhir open the innings and shift Sehwag at 5 or 6 and use him in batting powerplay. My batting order Sachin Gambhir Yuvi Dhoni Sehwag Raina

I actually agree. Not for that reason though. I think long term his future lies in the middle order, esp when his eyes cease to be what they are. I love the idea of him coming in with Yuv and Raina a tering through the middle overs after SRT and GG build a goodish platform

Sorry' date=' but this is another BS thread.[/quote'] why is this BS thread?? if Sehwag is hell bent at scoring only 30s and then getting out, well its better to shunt him down the order where those quick 30s and 40s have more meaning. Morever we don't have anyone to take care of batting powerplay if Yuvi or Dhoni is gone. It makes sense to shift him down.

Just means we wont get the starts we do though those 30s are getting us 60ish in 10 overs and not many other players can do that for us opening the batting. even those 30's make a diffy at the top in the middle overs the likes of Raina and Yuv are around to score qui kly

why is this BS thread?? if Sehwag is hell bent at scoring only 30s and then getting out, well its better to shunt him down the order where those quick 30s and 40s have more meaning. Morever we don't have anyone to take care of batting powerplay if Yuvi or Dhoni is gone. It makes sense to shift him down.
Moving players around does not help they gain form. It's quite equivalent to those who were asking yesterday for Sachin's head or his demotion. A few low scores is not drastic enough to change the position of a proven batsman. That can cause more damage than bring any relief.

^no those 30s do not make task easier. Great Openers once gets start make it big, if you are making 30s and 40s you should not open. Sehwag hd great last year. His constitency was amazing last year. He is in great touch and I feel he can utlized well at number 5

Moving players around does not help they gain form. It's quite equivalent to those who were asking yesterday for Sachin's head or his demotion. A few low scores is not drastic enough to change the position of a proven batsman. That can cause more damage than bring any relief.
He is not proven opener. Gambhir is suppose to be more consistent. He will be more beneficial to team at number 5 and these days we have batting powerplays and ball change at 35th over. so he can play his shots then. In Middle Overs spinners, part timer are bowling. I am sorry but to win a game, top order has to score big runs. Sehwag has to convert those 30s to 80s to make a claim to be permanent opener. He did that last year, but he seems to lose his concentration.
Hes just in bad form at the moment' date=' hes the most destructive one we got. There's not another opener thats better than sehwag.[/quote'] u think he's in bad form ?? i dont think so . he is just not consolidating those starts he gets into big scores .. he needs to take more responsibility now since there are a lot of in experienced batsmen around now .. he has a bit of ego i feel..

The problem isn’t with Sehwag’s batting position, its with his batting. For an opener, he fails to convert his starts into significant scores too often. Sehwag is an ideal opener, his game is built for batting during fielding restrictions. So, rather than shunt him down the order, he must be forced to lift his performance levels. Sending him down the order will send all sorts of mixed signals both to Sehwag and the others.