Damn you Men In Blue -- Shame Shame Shame

Mamu

Dravid is not good enough to replace anybody in that line up. Period. That you should know after watching India's success last 2 years. They are losing a series after 6 successive series wins. It was one of the closest series. Could have gone either way.
Actually he is. Just because we won without him doesn't mean he suddenly becomes useless. But I think we need to move past him as we do need to groom young talent for the future.
In India he kept trying. He couldn't bring the ball back at all. He just doesn't have the natural action to bowl inswingers. He said he is working on it. Today that was a peach. Almost Irfan pathansque on a good day.
he has improved quite a bit from that.he certainly can bowl inswingers with the white ball.i am sure i have seen him do that before today
Dravid is not good enough to replace anybody in that line up. Period. That you should know after watching India's success last 2 years. They are losing a series after 6 successive series wins. It was one of the closest series. Could have gone either way.
Now come on man, he was playing very well even in ODIs(saw the series against England?)-came in the slog overs and played some brilliant innings, until he resigned frm captaincy.
dont get fooled by that.most of the games today r on flat decks.the moment the ball has swungwe have struggled.we need someone who can assure we play 50 overs most of the time' date='if not in the XI certainly in the squad[/quote'] I would agree to that If Dravid produced great innings during SA's whopping of India in SA 0-4 or 2-5 loss in New zealand. Dravid did nothing there. To win matches it is not enough if you survive swing bowling. Who will score? How many pitches assist fast bowlers for one dayers these days? Probably 1 out of 10 pitches. For that we need Dravid who may or may not click that day?
Now come on man' date=' he was playing very well even in ODIs(saw the series against England?)-came in the slog overs and played some brilliant innings, until he resigned frm captaincy.[/quote'] He cannot replace Gambhir or Sehwag or Tendulkar or Dhoni or Yuvraj or Raina. Anybody all of whom average over 40 in the last 2 years.
I would agree to that If Dravid produced great innings during SA's whopping of India in SA 0-4 or 2-5 loss in New zealand. Dravid did nothing there. To win matches it is not enough if you survive swing bowling. Who will score? How many pitches assist fast bowlers for one dayers these days? Probably 1 out of 10 pitches. For that we need Dravid who may or may not click that day?
again i'm not wanting RD in particular.i want a batsman who can grind it out n see off a spell wen the ball jags around.RD played just 2 matches in that SA series IIRC n got a 50. sure 1 out of 10 pitches will assist fast bowlers,but what if that turns out to be WC knock out game?
again i'm not wanting RD in particular.i want a batsman who can grind it out n see off a spell wen the ball jags around.RD played just 2 matches in that SA series IIRC n got a 50. sure 1 out of 10 pitches will assist fast bowlers,but what if that turns out to be WC knock out game?
We had such conditions in KL. He ground alright. But look at his strike rate.was abominable 46 in 4 matches .Not that his average is great. He averaged 9.75 http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/highest_career_strike_rate.html?id=2849;type=tournament . We are just exaggerating Dravid's ability in "swinging conditions". He sure could suvive more balls by leaving the ball and blocking. That' s all he could do. He would do that entire match without being anything useful. This is a great trait in Test match cricket. Not in one dayers. I am a huge fan of him. But as a fan i understand his limitations.
why r u attacking Dravid needlessly?the point is we need a batsman who can hold one end up without being tempted to go for shots.whether its Dravid or Kohli or Sharma i dont care
No. we need someone like Gambhir who could rotate strike instead of getting stuck at one end. Sure he failed in couple of innings here. Once he was chasing 350 total. Another time he just got little cutesy against Hauritz. Happens. But he is one the best player of spin bowling. I would have couple more Gambhirs than Dravid who can't rotate strike to save his life without running someone out or himself out.
We had such conditions in KL. He ground alright. But look at his strike rate.was abominable 46 in 4 matches .Not that his average is great. He averaged 9.75 http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/highest_career_strike_rate.html?id=2849;type=tournament . We are just exaggerating Dravid's ability in "swinging conditions". He sure could suvive more balls by leaving the ball and blocking. That' s all he could do. He would do that entire match without being anything useful. This is a great trait in Test match cricket. Not in one dayers. I am a huge fan of him. But as a fan i understand his limitations.
that was a phase wen he opened the innings.maybe he couldnt adjust .i'm fine with him leaving balls wen it is tough.wen it ease out.he'll(or any such player)will open up.
No. we need someone like Gambhir who could rotate strike instead of getting stuck at one end. Sure he failed in couple of innings here. Once he was chasing 350 total. Another time he just got little cutesy against Hauritz. Happens. But he is one the best player of spin bowling. I would have couple more Gambhirs than Dravid who can't rotate strike to save his life without running someone out or himself out.
arent we talking swinging ball here. about rotaing the strike,RD also used to do that in his prime wen he was younger.its just that GG is quicker.
arent we talking swinging ball here. about rotaing the strike,RD also used to do that in his prime wen he was younger.its just that GG is quicker.
He is not in prime anymore. Far from it. So we just have to stop dreaming about Dravid being a miracle worker and move on. We have better options. As far spin.. Gambhir got few failures not just due to "swing".
He is not in prime anymore. Far from it. So we just have to stop dreaming about Dravid being a miracle worker and move on. We have better options. As far spin.. Gambhir got few failures not just due to "swing".
n where did i say that Dravid is a miracle worker n we need him back?
n where did i say that Dravid is a miracle worker n we need him back?
That was in response to posts that say "We need Dravid back" :winky: . That is Pakistan team who would go back 10 years back and pick someone. We have enough bench strength. We will come around eventually. There are few bumps. Once our fielding and bowling department is set we will be alright.
That was in response to posts that say "We need Dravid back" :winky: . That is Pakistan team who would go back 10 years back and pick someone. We have enough bench strength. We will come around eventually. There are few bumps. Once our fielding and bowling department is set we will be alright.
but we must try them,if not for anything,for bench strength.our bench strength is pretty poor.Aussies beat us with thier B team,NZ reached the finals of CT without thier key players but the moment we lose a key player,we lose badly,we need to fix it before its too late
but we must try them' date='if not for anything,for bench strength.our bench strength is pretty poor.Aussies beat us with thier B team,NZ reached the finals of CT without thier key players but the moment we lose a key player,we lose badly,we need to fix it before its too late[/quote'] Yes. That is because our bowling sucks now. India had relatively raw side when they won tri series in Austraila beating Australia's full strength team. Not even Sehwag was there. Yuvraj was failing left and right. There was no Suresh Raina. All we had was Gambhir, Tendulkar and Dhoni. Rest of them were rookies. How did we win? Because our bowlers stepped up. Praveen, Ishant, Bhajji all bowled much better. Fielding was better. Until we fix those two departments even if you have 10 batsmen we will still continue to lose.