Younis Khan captaincy saga

Asim

Younis Khan captaincy saga Well they can start something "revolutionary" like : having a new captain for every game, hence all pak players will be captain or the ex captain.:giggle: and moreover they can make a world record for having highest number of ex captains in team and team having most number of captains.:--D my best wishes :winky:

Butt: No rift in Pakistan team Younus Khan's admission of internal turmoil in the team notwithstanding, PCB President Ejaz Butt said that there was no rift. Younus had himself yesterday admitted that problems with some senior players in the team was the main reason why he opted out of the Test tour of New Zealand but Butt had a different say on this. "I don't believe in these speculations. Every time the team is not doing well these kind of speculations and rumours (of internal rift) start coming around and there is nothing like that in the team. Younus needed a break and he took it," Butt said from Dubai. The PCB chairman insisted that Mohammad Yousuf was appointed captain for the New Zealand tour this month as Younus had asked for a break from cricket. He said Younus could still lead the team again on the Australian tour late next month. "Younus said he wanted to take a break from international cricket and I decided this was the best thing at this time but he has said he has every intention of getting back to international cricket. Once the New Zealand tour is over and Younus gets back we will sit down together and have a talk and see what has to be done in future," Butt added. "When he comes back we will most definitely consider him as an option for captaincy," he said. Butt said Yousuf was the best player to lead the team once Younus had withdrawn from the New Zealand tour. "We concluded that Yousuf is the best choice at this time to lead the teat as he is the senior most player in the side. He was the ideal alternative and there were no disagreements over his appointment and we are confident he can do the job in New Zealand," Butt said. This is the first time that Yousuf will be leading the team in a full captain's role although he has done the job in some matches as deputy to Inzamam-ul-Haq in the past. Raj pal singh hockey

Former Pak players lambast Ejaz Butt PCB Chairman Ejaz Butt has come under criticism from former players for his alleged mishandling of the internal rift in the team. Former captains Moin Khan and Aamer Sohail said they sensed the chief patron of the board - President Asif Zardari - could be making changes in the PCB soon. "I think the time has come for changes and the way things are going I think they are going to be changes in the next few weeks," Sohail said. Sohail though felt that instead of appointed Mohammad Yousuf as captain, the board should have backed Younus Khan all the way despite the ODI series loss to New Zealand. Moin said the situation had not been handled well by the team management and administration. "Before the team left for Abu Dhabi every effort should have been made to sort out the problems in the team by talking to the players in one sitting," Moin said. Former Test player and ex-chief selector Salahuddin Ahmed was also critical off the board for not supporting Younus at this crucial juncture. "I don't understand what sort of message the board chairman was sending out by agreeing to Younus withdrawing from the New New Zealand tour," he said. "Younus had taken his decision because some players were not supporting him and this was an issue that was the result of poor team management and the board failed to resolve this at the right time leading to another crisis," he added. Lt General (retd) Tauqir Zia, a former chairman of the board, said weak management had led to the existing crisis in the team and another show of player power. "I think the board chairman should start taking advice from his advisors who understand cricket. I think it would be a good idea if Javed Miandad is brought in as national coach because he can handle the situation well," Zia said.