Younis Khan captaincy saga

Asim

Pakistan news PCB rejects Younis resignation Cricinfo staff October 19, 2009 108982.jpg The Pakistan Cricket Board has rejected Younis Khan's resignation as captain and, PCB chairman Ijaz Butt told Cricinfo, will stay on in that role, fitness permitting, until the 2011 World Cup. Butt's statements followed a meeting on Monday of its governing board to discuss the issue. Cricinfo News

Ijaz Butt, the Pakistan board chairman, has given Younis Khan the backing he wanted, insisting he will remain ODI captain until the 2011 World Cup. Butt appears to have ended days of speculation over the future of the Pakistan captaincy, reiterating once again that he had not accepted Younis' resignation. Younis handed in his papers last week after attending a National Assembly committee meeting, in which allegations of match-fixing during Pakistan's semi-final loss to New Zealand were investigated. Those charges - as well as persistent politicking in the team by a group of players to undermine his leadership - were reasons believed to be behind his move. Butt, however, rejected the resignation and opted to meet Younis privately instead, in a bid to change his mind. It is believed that at the meeting Younis laid down conditions which had to be accepted before he could return: he wanted to streamline the selection process, an assurance of a lengthier tenure than just on a series-by-series basis, and also changes in the team management. The PCB held meetings to discuss the matter though the meeting with the governing board today is said not to have raised the subject. Though Butt did not speak of any such conditions, he was unequivocal in his support for Younis. "When I first appointed him in January 2009, there was no tenure for his captaincy but obviously sometimes security is needed. He is definitely our captain till the 2011 World Cup provided he remains fit. His performance has been excellent, he is fit, he has won a World Cup and as long as the selectors keep picking him, he is our choice as captain," Butt told Cricinfo. Earlier, Butt had rejected Younis' resignation during an eagerly-awaited press conference at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore, saying he understood why Younis handed in his papers. "I have not accepted Younis Khan's resignation. There is no justification in removing him as captain. I realise and understand his reaction. Had I been in his place I would've done the same." Though Younis could not be reached for comment, Butt said he had agreed to take up the captaincy one again.
May be as a non-playing captain' date= or non performing .And frankly speaking, these figures are not bonus, these are Disaster. :scare:
Yes he is Bonus when we are mentally prepare that he wont do good in batting... and if he do even this, it is bonus... OK he is turning out a very good captain but Personally I feell him if he selected "as a batsman", a burden in ODI team (I cud hv prefered any all rounder over him) but yes he is a great + in Test team. 33 avg in ODI as pure middle order batsman is simply poor. but 50 avg is great in Test.
Brought the T20 home' date=' Semi Finalists in Champions trophy, all in one year...[/quote'] And then got humiliated by the MPs and then got an extension till WC 2011. But really, PCB did something right after a long time by standing firmly behind Yunis. They should also have gone to face the MPs with him. It was cowardly to let him face that humiliation alone.