Predict the result - 1st test

Predict the result - 1st test  

1. 1.

Basd on WC and CT performances' date=' plus losing at home to a weak Aussie team.[/quote'] 1. We lost the ODI series the last time Australia toured here in a more thumping fashion. India went on from that series defeat to a glorious run in ODI/Tests under Dhoni. 2. The Champion's Trophy? India haven't won this in quite some time so what relevance does it bear on upcoming ODI series? 3. As for the T20 WC, please. India have been average in T20 cricket since they won the world cup a couple of years ago. They've routinely lost T20 matches against Australia/NZ etc since then. So, yes, it's all in your head. The only real concern is our bowling. Dhoni made it very clear the last few months that the bowling has been poor and has asked to more bowlers in the selection to give him options. But like Indian bowling in general it goes through a lot of ups and downs.

India, while scoring 426 in their first innings, hit 59 fours and two sixes; Sri Lanka scored 71 fours and two sixes in 760. The statistic showed the difference in mindset of both teams when they came out to field. ...thats off cricinfo report.. What do they mean? Is it that India were too defensive and hence conceded lots of singles? So Lanks scored 350 more runs but just 12 more fours...

I was trying (hard) to pick efforts that showed even the earlier teams had spunk. Anyway' date=' I have a very weak case to begin with (stats). I think the teams were almost the same (batting is definitelty weaker), but bowling stronger. But the opposition India faced were definitely much stronger than now. The bowlers we faced were of much higher quality than in now. Obviously, we win more, but I don't think they are mentally miuch stronger. After 2 years of good results, this team seems to be on the downslide.[/quote'] Seriously man, even don’t you realize that you’re just dithering about? You chided for making a generalization against our test team of the 90s and then went on to pick an isolated game against the South Africans to criticize the current team, when quite clearly, I was entirely justified in my criticism and you weren’t During the 90s, we did not have weak as per stats, we had a weak team, FULL STOP. Our test record during then was simply abysmal. You can try hard to dig all possible reasons for that, but it is not going to make the situation any better. And after 2 years of good results? Dude, we’ve had some fantastic results for almost 8 years now! Anyways, the point of this discussion isn’t about digging up old bones, but to highlight how far we have moved ahead as a test team.
During the 90s, we did not have weak as per stats, we had a weak team, FULL STOP. Our test record during then was simply abysmal. You can try hard to dig all possible reasons for that, but it is not going to make the situation any better. And after 2 years of good results? Dude, we’ve had some fantastic results for almost 8 years now! Anyways, the point of this discussion isn’t about digging up old bones, but to highlight how far we have moved ahead as a test team.
Flat pitches and facing weak bowling is a factor for us winning more frequently now. Dig up the number of under-25 avg bowlers (or even under-30 avg) bowlers we faced in 90s v/s now.
Flat pitches and facing weak bowling is a factor for us winning more frequently now. Dig up the number of under-25 avg bowlers (or even under-30 avg) bowlers we faced in 90s v/s now.
So what you're saying is that the reason why the Indian Team of the 90's only won ONE away test in ALL THAT TIME was because the bowling was so good? :hysterical: :haha: :giggle: Yeah, those bowlers of Zimbabwe really kicked ***** in the 90's! The incredible test victories we've had in the just the past two/three years down under, South Africa, etc they were all one flat pitches right? Dude when you're wrong you're wrong. Don't push yourself deeper into a hole (I can do that for you!) :)
So what you're saying is that the reason why the Indian Team of the 90's only won ONE away test in ALL THAT TIME was because the bowling was so good? :hysterical: :haha: :giggle: Yeah, those bowlers of Zimbabwe really kicked ***** in the 90's! The incredible test victories we've had in the just the past two/three years down under, South Africa, etc they were all one flat pitches right? Dude when you're wrong you're wrong. Don't push yourself deeper into a hole (I can do that for you!) :)
I said a 'factor' not 'the only factor'. If you want to pick one off Zim series, then how about the only abroad series India won was in SL, which India has not been able to do it in 2 tries post 2000. India never lost to Aus at home, won 2 series. Post 2000 we lost once to Aus.
I said a 'factor' not 'the only factor'. If you want to pick one off Zim series' date=' then how about the only abroad series India won was in SL, which India has not been able to do it in 2 tries post 2000. India never lost to Aus at home, won 2 series. Post 2000 we lost once to Aus.[/quote'] Dude I was talking about fast bowling. So instead of back tracking, and ignoring the argument, why don't you explain how your previous post makes any sense regarding how India couldn't defeat the might of Zimbabwe's pace attack during the 90's. See that's how it usually works. When you saying something wrong, or something that's disputed, and get challenged by it, you don't respond by something else completely different. You address the point, otherwise you're just arguing for the sake of it.
Dude I was talking about fast bowling. So instead of back tracking, and ignoring the argument, why don't you explain how your previous post makes any sense regarding how India couldn't defeat the might of Zimbabwe's pace attack during the 90's.
That Zim team was no pushover. It defeated Pak in Pak too. The Pak with the 2 Ws and 2 As. They even defeated post-2000 Indian team in Zim. Pick another team for your argument. Now, come up with excuses why the latest team cannot win a series in SL ? The 90s team never lost a series in SL!
I said a 'factor' not 'the only factor'. If you want to pick one off Zim series' date=' then how about the only abroad series India won was in SL, which India has not been able to do it in 2 tries post 2000. India never lost to Aus at home, won 2 series. Post 2000 we lost once to Aus.[/quote']
That Zim team was no pushover. It defeated Pak in Pak too. The Pak with the 2 Ws and 2 As. They even defeated post-2000 Indian team in Zim. Pick another team for your argument. Now, come up with excuses why the latest team cannot win a series in SL ? The 90s team never lost a series in SL!
I am shocked to see you still ‘defending’ our 90s record, but anyways..:haha: Gotto love your selective Amnesia though, with the way you pick and choose the defeats (against Australia at home 2004) you want to highlight, but the wins you continue to ignore (Australia at home 2001 and 2008, In Australia in 2003/04 and 2007) And you seriously are not going to compare the Lankan team of the 90s to the current one are you? Just winning a solitary test against Lanka, in Lanka does not mean much at all. Anyways, I don’t even know why I am still debating this. You’re obviously prolonging the discussion for the sake of it.