The best Test team that India ever fielded.

karteekmvs

That is the greatest India side. You could make a case for the same team of a few years ago that had the batsmen in their peak... 03/04 Ganguly era- no proper opener of course and the bowling wasnt as strong. Other options- There was a team in the mid/late 80's that had Sunny, Srikkanth, Vengsarkar, Azhar, Shastri Kapil and Doshi Or Wadekars side of the 70's ... the great spinners, Sunny, Vishy, Engineer. I think they beat both England and WI away...

You also have to consider the opposition. Exclude Dravid and Sachin from the list they would have walked into any Indian team but the others like gambhir, sehwag, yuvraj dhoni even VVS, they all look good as a unit on a flat track facing Welegedara, prasad, tim southie, franklin .... but how would they have faired against marshal, lillee, botham, hadley we will never know. I am not disputing the fact that this is not a solid team, without doubt it is, the best atleast i have seen but you cannot ignore the fact that quality of bowling has gone down

You also have to consider the opposition. Exclude Dravid and Sachin from the list they would have walked into any Indian team but the others like gambhir' date=' [b']sehwag, yuvraj dhoni even VVS, they all look good as a unit on a flat track facing Welegedara, prasad, tim southie, franklin .... but how would they have faired against marshal, lillee, botham, hadley we will never know. I am not disputing the fact that this is not a solid team, without doubt it is, the best atleast i have seen but you cannot ignore the fact that quality of bowling has gone down
Sehwag and Laxman have been whooping the best bowling line up of their times for a decade now.