I have a terrible feeling the South Africa test series will be scrapped

Yeah' date=' it is too big a news to mentioned in passing.[/quote'] True, but looking at the way BCCI works: Aus - 2004 Tests only, then 2007 ODIs only, then 2008 Tests only, 2009 ODIS only SA - 2004 Tests only, 2005 ODIs only, 2008 Tests only... ...it would follow they will have ODIs only in this coming series (For other teams like England, Lanka, Pak they have Tests and ODIs together. NZ, WI and Bangla are not even hosted these days)

:(( I ****ing hate BCCI for doing this. Seems like our concerns over 3 test matches in the year 2010 might as well come true :wall:. Why can't our seniors voice concerns and force BCCI to schedule more tests ? One thing that I despise about our seniors is that they do not speak up to the BCCI babus and are ready to be taken for granted :mad:

Disgraceful BCCI. You are the laughing stock of the world. How can you look yourself in the mirror? The best ever national Test side, Sehwag, Dhoni & Zaheer at their peak, the first numero uno ranking in 77 years, and no Tests in the next 10 months except v Bangladesh. Hope you wallow in this embarassment for ever.

:(( I ****ing hate BCCI for doing this. Seems like our concerns over 3 test matches in the year 2010 might as well come true :wall:. Why can't our seniors voice concerns and force BCCI to schedule more tests ? One thing that I despise about our seniors is that they do not speak up to the BCCI babus and are ready to be taken for granted :mad:
Completely agree.. If there is one person who can represent the case of the senior players and get BCCI to arrange more tests, it would be Sachin. Sachin should spk up for himself, Dravid and Laxi.. after all we dont want to see these legends playing only a couple of matches in the last years of their careers.. do we?

It's high time a sustained campaign is started by all cricket lovers and team india fans against BCCI's single minded focus on the bollywood league and tamasha matches. The IPLs and CLs wont take us anywhere. Playing more tests aagainst quality opposition means the game gains more popularity . Hope someone can drill some sense in the minds of the BCCI jokers.

It's high time a sustained campaign is started by all cricket lovers and team india fans against BCCI's single minded focus on the bollywood league and tamasha matches. The IPLs and CLs wont take us anywhere. Playing more tests aagainst quality opposition means the game gains more popularity . Hope someone can drill some sense in the minds of the BCCI jokers.
I like that idea.. as netizens whats the best we can do? any ideas? will mass emails/sms, community networks, flash mobs and things like that help?
India rule Test arena while trying to kill it JAMIE PANDARAM December 7, 2009 TEST cricket's new No.1 team, India, is not scheduled to play a single long-format game at home for nearly two years. The outrageous absence of home Tests for such a length of time underscores the problems faced by the traditional format. In a recent survey, only seven per cent of Indian fans considered Test cricket to be their favourite form of the game. That would probably have risen after India became just the third side in rankings history to assume the prized No.1 status, but those fans must now wait until November 2011 to see their team in whites on home soil. A scheduled three Tests against world No.2 South Africa has been cancelled, denying all cricket supporters of a major series that would have had significant impact on the rankings. Instead, the Proteas will play five one-dayers. Requests for explanation on India's schedule from the ICC and the Board of Control for Cricket in India were unanswered by the time the Herald went to print last night. They won't admit it, but the fixtures are determined purely by television revenue. Indian broadcast moguls are not interested in Tests because they rate poorly - as indicated by the recent survey - while ODIs and Twenty20s push their numbers through the roof. So there is increasing pressure from the BCCI - which sells matches for a handsome profit to television networks - to scrap Tests for more ODIs and Twenty20s. The ICC has not stood up to India for years and clearly isn't about to start by the looks of the Future Tours Program - which has been manipulated from its original plan to accommodate the BCCI's thirst for short-format games. The situation is also not helped by the willingness of Australia, England and South Africa to jump at every chance to play meaningless ODIs in India, simply to boost revenue for the BCCI in return for partnerships in the Champions League Twenty20 competition and other financial benefits. It is incredible that India, long seen as promoting the death of Test cricket by driving the proliferation of Twenty20 matches, has reached the sport's pinnacle. Only Australia and South Africa had sat atop the tree since the Test Championship was introduced in 2001. But after routing Sri Lanka by an innings and 24 runs in the third Test in Mumbai to clinch the series 2-0, India leapfrogged Graeme Smith's side, with Australia rising to third above Sri Lanka. India's coach Gary Kirsten said his team was powerless in the structuring of fixtures. ''This team enjoys staying together and I am sure everyone enjoys all forms of the game,'' he said. ''We just go out and play whatever is scheduled.'' Iconic batsman Sachin Tendulkar had dreamed of such success when he started his Test career 20 years ago - and said his countrymen had shared his ambition. ''It is fantastic to be the No.1 Test team,'' said Tendulkar. ''I have been waiting a long time to get to this position. Not just me, but the entire country waited for it. The players have worked very hard. '' As the No.1 Test team, India's only home series for the next 21 months will be against the lowest-ranked team Bangladesh (ninth), before hosting the eighth-ranked West Indies in November, 2011. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Really disgraceful!
Completely agree.. If there is one person who can represent the case of the senior players and get BCCI to arrange more tests' date=' it would be Sachin. Sachin should spk up for himself, Dravid and Laxi.. after all we dont want to see these legends playing only a couple of matches in the last years of their careers.. do we?[/quote']
Disgraceful BCCI. You are the laughing stock of the world. How can you look yourself in the mirror? The best ever national Test side' date=' Sehwag, Dhoni & Zaheer at their peak, the first numero uno ranking in 77 years, and no Tests in the next 10 months except v Bangladesh. Hope you wallow in this embarassment for ever.[/quote']
I like that idea.. as netizens whats the best we can do? any ideas? will mass emails/sms, community networks, flash mobs and things like that help?
Make and sign the petition online and send to BCCI :regular_smile:
I'm ready to follow Ludhianvi's advice. What do we have to do Ludh?
Helloo Chandan, I part of me will just die with the death of Test Cricket ... this is one of the reason I came back here to enjoy and savor the last test series ... in all likelyhood the last one featuring Boss , Rahul and VVS !! May the BCCI babus rot in hell
We may still se them play BD SA NZ and SA away...............
i think we should waitt and see.its hard to believe they would cancel the test.even a 2 match series is preferrable.hopefully the saffers have some say in this.
As I wrote in post 47, it is believable given that SA, like Australia, have been touring either for Tests or ODIs the last few years, not both on the same tour.