Congress requests BCCI to lift ban on Azhar

http://cricket.rediff.com/report/2009/nov/21/congress-requests-bcci-to-lift-ban-on-azhar.htm Congress requests BCCI to lift ban on Azhar The Indian Cricket Board is under pressure from the Congress party to revoke a life ban on former skipper Mohd Azharuddin for his alleged involvement in the 2000 match-fixing scandal. Mohd AzharuddinAzharuddin, who is now a Congress MP from Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh [ Images ], was banned for life after the BCCI found him guilty of being involved in the scandal that rocked Indian cricket. But Congress leaders from Uttar Pradesh argue that the ban on the former captain should be lifted now because several other players, who faced similar charges, have been allowed back into the game. In fact, some of these MPs, including Jitin Prasad, BCCI's Finance Committee chairman Rajiv Shukla, who is also a Congress spokesman, and actor-turned-politician Raj Babbar met ICC [ Images ] vice-President and former BCCI President Sharad Pawar [ Images ] on Friday to put forth their demand. "I spoke to BCCI President Shashank Manohar and he said that if Azhar himself shows interest in wanting the ban lifted then it can be moved forward to the Annual General Meeting and the AGM will decide," Shukla said. "The ban on Azharuddin can be lifted only if the BCCI AGM deems it fit," he added. Azaharuddin, an elegant right-hand batsman from Hyderabad, played 99 Tests and scored 6215 runs at an average of 45. He played a whopping 334 One-Dayers, accumulating 9378 runs at an average of 36.92.

Hope BCCI turns down the request without any second thought. But then we are speaking about BCCI who would do anything for benefit and money. Azhar needs to serve the ban. If he wants, he can appeal against it if he feels it was wrong. But why would he wait for so many years to appeal against the ban if he was innocent.

what else can u expect from Congress after giving passports to illegal bangladeshi's and increasing there vote' date=' this is what comes next! and some of the people blame BJP for there hindutva antics atleast they do it in open![/quote'] The problems is that although we are a democracy but almost all political parties are corrupt, divisive and obnoxious and do not deserve to lead the nation. I always hope that a new uncorrupt, developmental party emerges in India which is led by young progressive leaders and whose main concern is only to develop India into an ideal nation and to develop the nation including all stratas of people. They should also work for eradicating poverty completely and to give proper amenities to all citizens including good education (primarily English), bijli, sadak, pani,, healthcare etc. And the most important thing for that party should be to judge everything from an unbiased point and implement rules, laws etc. which benefit each and every citizen irrespective of caste, creed, religion, region or anything else. There should not be appeasing of any religion or any community in India at all and the sole aim of every India should be to work for the nation and to make it the world's biggest economic superpower. But again it is not only me but all educated Indians want it. However, the main question remains that who will bell the cat? There are many Indians who has the will and determination to work for the nation and to remove corruption but ultimately who will bell the cat? I hope that such a political party emerges soon and is voted to power and the leaders are strong individuals who want to work for making India a superpower from the core of their heart. :pray:

I think I have forgiven what Azhar did. I just wish he had someone to show him direction when he went astray. I feel bad for him now. And btw - while he was unethical, maybe illegal, he's definitely not a criminal - which can't be said for some of his other compatriots in the parliament.

I think I have forgiven what Azhar did. I just wish he had someone to show him direction when he went astray. I feel bad for him now. And btw - while he was unethical, maybe illegal, he's definitely not a criminal - which can't be said for some of his other compatriots in the parliament.
you forgive "azhar" for selling his country for the sake of a few dollars :hysterical: thankfully most slef respecting indians do not feel the same way as you