Go for the kill India!!

vvvslaxman

India should pick an additional bowler in Gambhir's place. If mumbai pitch is a turning one' date=' better to pick Mishra else pick Ishanth. Dravid can open with viru.[/quote'] Dravid made that stupid mistake against England second string side and got a whopping. He went with 5 bowlers. Just 4 bowlers are enough. If you end up batting last against lankan spinners without Gambhir you might as well hand the match back to Srilanka. Even Shaun Udal was unplayable. With a series lead India's batting strength should never be compromised.
if six batsmen cannot save a match ' date=' I dont think Murali vijay or Badri can save the match. But having an additional bowler is great advantage especially if it is a turning track , Mishra can do a great damage[b'] if Lanka bats last. With 1-0 up, taking a risk might well pay us off.
India showed they are perfectly capable of bowling this SL side out with 4 bowlers on a dead pitch. Sehwag , Yuvraj, Tendulkar bowl a few if necessary. So no risks. Dravid is doing well at 3. He should stay there. One collapse like in the first test means you will possibly lose the Test.
if six batsmen cannot save a match ' date=' I dont think Murali vijay or Badri can save the match. But having an additional bowler is great advantage especially if it is a turning track , Mishra can do a great damage if Lanka bats last. With 1-0 up, taking a risk might well pay us off.[/quote'] Are you kidding me? A good strong opening partnership will help a lot in winning the match. If you want to play Mishra, drop Bhajji or Ojha (as simple as that).
Are you kidding me? A good strong opening partnership will help a lot in winning the match. If you want to play Mishra' date=' drop Bhajji or Ojha (as simple as that).[/quote'] surely it does..But Rahul is capable of opening and providing good strong partnership, he has done it before in Australia. We have enough batting prowess with 6 good batsmen , with 1=0 up we can afford to play aggressively with 5 bowlers rather than going defensive with 4 bowlers just to increase our batting strength. I dont know why you guys are so skeptical about our batting strength? We have one of the better batting unit and we have scored runs all over the world, so no need to worry about our batting at home.
surely it does..But Rahul is capable of opening and providing good strong partnership' date=' he has done it before in Australia. [b']We have enough batting prowess with 6 good batsmen , with 1=0 up we can afford to play aggressively with 5 bowlers rather than going defensive with 4 bowlers just to increase our batting strength. I dont know why you guys are so skeptical about our batting strength? We have one of the better batting unit and we have scored runs all over the world, so no need to worry about our batting at home.
I don't know.. once bitten twice shy? http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/238187.html

Is there really a reason to go for 5 bowlers? With proper handling, 4 bowlers + 1 part timer, can bowl 90 overs required in 1 day easily without it being a clusterfk of bowlers when 5 full time bowlers are involved. If mishra's leg spinners are drastically different from Ojha's and Bhajji's bowling that he could get wickets but the other 2 cannot, then Dhoni should choose the 2 best bowlers even if it meant leaving Bhajji on the bench. Our batting is not that consistent in the 2nd innings, if we remove Ghambir from the equation. Therefore, a batsman would be better esp. considering we are 1-0 up and a draw is all that is required to win the series (which is the bigger goal)

^^^ Getting to no 1 ranking is huge incentive to win next match and we must not be satisfied with just a series win. We have seen our bowlers are incapable of taking 20 wickets in a flat pitches like Ahmadabad. In Kanpur, we were lucky to have sreesanth bowling with spirit but we are still weaker in bowling department but one of our bowler can have a off-day which might cause opposition to get away with a draw. I don't think our batting is of any concern for us in home pitches.

^^^ Getting to no 1 ranking is huge incentive to win next match and we must not be satisfied with just a series win. We have seen our bowlers are incapable of taking 20 wickets in a flat pitches like Ahmadabad. In Kanpur, we were lucky to have sreesanth bowling with spirit but we are still weaker in bowling department but one of our bowler can have a off-day which might cause opposition to get away with a draw. I don't think our batting is of any concern for us in home pitches.
Who says that you need 5 bowlers to get 20 wickets? SL had 3 spinners in the last match. What happened? It's not as if we are excluding a Shane Warne, it's only Amit Mishra. The guy is just about ok. Same as Ojha. Pick one of the two.
dhoni doesn't follow a 5-bowler theory so no way another bowler i'd be shocked if vijay is left out for another bowler
Agreed, Dhoni rarely plays five bowlers and certainly not in a Test match. After the win in the second Test, when he was asked about the effect of Gambhir's absence, Dhoni said that whoever comes in will have to make a good start with Sehwag, so it is obvious that Vijay will come in, not an extra bowler.