Murali Vijay a threat to Yuvraj in test team?

Yes Vijay bats up the order and Yuvi bats 6. But in the test side maybe the selctors may feel that they need to accomodate the clearly made for test cricket Vijay. Yuvi is not an established test batsman at all. He may feel the heat of Murali in due course for a place in test side. Could murali bat down the order and would the selectors go for it?

Murali Vijay is a much better Test prospect than the playboy. For Tests, M. Vijay should be the #6 batsman. I think his highness UVness can be the reserve batsman. ODIs is a different story, but for Tests, yoovee is just not there.
Vijay should bat at 3 not 6.
Yeah, let's move Dravid to 6 to play Vijay at 3!:hysterical::hysterical: PS : In case Yuvraj gets the chop.
You didn't get my point. I was pointing out that eventually Vijay is the ideal replacement for Dravid being an opener.

He is a threat and his technique looks good so far. In India that is. He was outplayed by Kohli in emerging players tournament in OZ(although it was ODIs) And we have seen a lot of people who have flourished in India (and looked good doing so) only to flop outside, UV included. We have a lot of home tests coming up and UV will probably retain his place one year. Our next big tour overseas is against SA in december 2010 and UV will play till that tour. If he fails there, then he might lose his place.

Yuvraj seemed like getting the grip of Test match. But yesterday once again he displayed his poor technique against conventional seam movement and orthodox spin. He got all squared up, tangled up. When it comes to stroke play he is one of a kind. When it comes to defense lot of lower order players (including Zaheer Khan) would out perform Yuvi.

Murali Vijay in place of Yuvi when Gambhir returns ? Yuvi 5 years on is still coming to grips with test match batting. Murali V. looks to have superb technique and very good temperament by the look of things. With tours to RSA, England next year - M.Vijay should be given a run. He's done nothing wrong in whatever chances he's been given. I hate to say this because Dhoni is our greatest ever captain - I think his close friendship with Yuvi means that he will push for Yuvi to be given more test chances ..never mind that he has been given ample in the past. Then there is Pujara waiting in the wings....Good thing is that they are both openers - its easy to fit into the middle order. The other way around ..you have to be a genius like Veeru.