Media reaction around the world upon India claiming the Number 1 position in ICC Test ranking

The truth is we never a Test series in Australia, South Africa but I have a feeling we will be on a winning streak, it would be better for BCCI to organize a Test tour to Aus so that we can shut the gaura critics and prove "WHO' really deserves the number 1 spot. I hate the gauras man, why are they on our nerves. They won one Ashes fluke victory against Australia and now they think they should be the best team, DUUHHH Aus is on a decline you rascalas... deal with us

Unlike most here, I actually do agree with the article here to a large extent (if not full). All things fair -- RSA would be number 1 and India/Aus a close 2nd (as per me).
So you agree that India losing an ODI game is evidence of "mental fragility" even though it has been almost 16 months since India last lost a Test match? And how is Aussie "close 2nd" given they have had only one good result (win in SA) and three big losses (Ind away, SA home, Eng away) in last 1 year?
england won the 2005 ashes-:first ive heard of that :punter: sachinism your clutching at straws, i havent seen any of the matches so i dont know if they are flat decks just saying from a cricinfo scorecard POV there has been ALOT of runs
So what if there have been a lot of runs. If the matches are producing results, I see no problem. For a result to occur a team needs to take 20 wickets, which are taken through good bowling and maybe some help in the pitch
i dont know why people are bringing pak into this' date=' [b']article by oscar wilde, doesnt sound like a pak but gora people dont like to see non-gora top at anything, also maybe because that by the end of this series the teams would have aggergate score of 4/5k, pitches and all that stuff
Somewhere in Paris, poor Oscar Wilde is tumbling around in his eternal sleep in his grave.

Hang on let's get this straight. Here we have a side with not one but two players earning real comparisons with Bradman in the space of two weeks. Never mind that one of them is at the crease on the verge of 300 with the other due in next. At the other end is an all time great in his own right, a technician beyond compare. Waiting to bat is a player that single-handedly thwarted the great Australian side of years gone by. Next in is the ICC top ranked one-day bat (did i say he captains and keeps wicket too?). To finish things off you have the ICC top ranked one-day all-rounder. Oh, and the current ICC test batsman of the year opens the batting - only he sat this one out. I mean for gods sake, how on earth could anyone come to the ridiculous notion of a team like that being No1? F.U.C.K O.F.F

add up all the runs dude' date=' in the 3 matches that have been played for both sides[/quote'] Test matches should be banned in places like India and Pakistan. Their pitches are absolutely horrible and will kill the game. Sri Lanka is the only country in Sub continent which produces good decent pitches.

Reaction from a friend Dear Simon Wilde, India is hardly obvious top-dog material. They remain a mentally fragile side, as their recent ODI defeat at home to Australia showed. If you reckon- India is not top dog because of the mental fragility I am just wondering where were you when South Africa got crowned as the best test nation in the world- Is there a more mentally fragile side in the cricketing history I reckon you should be more worried about the spanking that the queen’s boys will be receiving at the hands of chokers than pontificate on whether we should be the best test nation. There is a system (as flawed as it may be) and we are rightfully the best test nation- so deal with it Hypocrisy- thou art a fascinating bi*ch

Hang on let's get this straight. Here we have a side with not one but two players earning real comparisons with Bradman in the space of two weeks. Never mind that one of them is at the crease on the verge of 300 with the other due in next. At the other end is an all time great in his own right, a technician beyond compare. Waiting to bat is a player that single-handedly thwarted the great Australian side of years gone by. Next in is the ICC top ranked one-day bat (did i say he captains and keeps wicket too?). To finish things off you have the ICC top ranked one-day all-rounder. Oh, and the current ICC test batsman of the year opens the batting - only he sat this one out. I mean for gods sake, how on earth could anyone come to the ridiculous notion of a team like that being No1? F.U.C.K O.F.F
CLAP CLAP
So you agree that India losing an ODI game is evidence of "mental fragility" even though it has been almost 16 months since India last lost a Test match? And how is Aussie "close 2nd" given they have had only one good result (win in SA) and three big losses (Ind away, SA home, Eng away) in last 1 year?
You can look at the negatives of every single side and question every side. India did not win a series in RSA or Aus or even SL in the recent past. RSA lost at home (but that is the only blip -- which is why they are #1) And Aus ofcourse lost 3 of the last 4 series -- but dont forget they played great sides (well maybe not Eng). So this argument can go round and round with no end in sight. It is just my preception sitting outside based on which I decide what is fair.
Reaction from a friend Dear Simon Wilde, India is hardly obvious top-dog material. They remain a mentally fragile side, as their recent ODI defeat at home to Australia showed. If you reckon- India is not top dog because of the mental fragility I am just wondering where were you when South Africa got crowned as the best test nation in the world- Is there a more mentally fragile side in the cricketing history I reckon you should be more worried about the spanking that the queen’s boys will be receiving at the hands of chokers than pontificate on whether we should be the best test nation. There is a system (as flawed as it may be) and we are rightfully the best test nation- so deal with it Hypocrisy- thou art a fascinating bi*ch
That is a great response

Very few people would say that India is the undisputed number 1 side - we are surely not the Australian team of a few years' back or the WI team of the 80s. But the fact remains that along with South Africa, we are the best side in the world based and over the next couple of years these two teams will keep trading spots. Apparently, the world does not have a problem recognizing SA but seems to have a huge bug up the ar$e when it comes to India. But there is no real reason to fret about these morons.

You can look at the negatives of every single side and question every side. India did not win a series in RSA or Aus or even SL in the recent past. RSA lost at home (but that is the only blip -- which is why they are #1) And Aus ofcourse lost 3 of the last 4 series -- but dont forget they played great sides (well maybe not Eng). So this argument can go round and round with no end in sight. It is just my preception sitting outside based on which I decide what is fair.
Appreciate your reasoning, Mamu, but what I pointed out was an utterly laughable assertion from Wilde (regarding the Aussie ODI) which has zero relevance to India's Test form and was borne out of sheer jealousy or frustration over India's success (if not that, then the guy is an utter fool with little understanding of cricket). That alone makes the article rubbish which is why I was surprised you said you agreed with most of it. Coming back to your points - bear in mind that SA were also thrashed 2-0 in SL (even though this is not included in the current rankings period), it was the series where Mahela/Sanga put on 600, and Steyn/Ntini etc. were playing. Where they trump us is that they drew in India whereas we lost in SA back in 2006-07. Otherwise fair enough, I take your points.