Bring some balance to the game !!

The above record definitely clears the point that we always had this abysmal bowling attack for very long time now. Our fielding never helped these ordinary bowling attacks. So other teams always had fair chance of scoring tons of runs against us. No wonder, why we praise the likes of SRT, VS, SG, RD to give us big hope against top teams whilie batting.

ODI cricket is at a deplorable state! unless something is done to address this issue i am pretty sure that people will start losing interest in this batting assault, i mean it is just one way traffic, the bowlers turn up each day just to get belted and what good can it do to the game!?

ODI cricket is at a deplorable state! unless something is done to address this issue i am pretty sure that people will start losing interest in this batting assault' date=' i mean it is just one way traffic, the bowlers turn up each day just to get belted and what good can it do to the game!?[/quote'] Why cant it be good, it will make bowlers bowl to one side of wicket rather than bowling all over the place.Praveen kumar at his pace should be shot if he bowls short and hit me for four balls, but he continues to do it. in 1980 normal odis scores were 200 to 250 ,Slogging was done only in last 10 overs then. During 1992 world cup NZ and then 96 world SL too it to another level by attacking upfront ,this led to score of 300 plus consistently.Advent of 20-20 has made batsman look 50 over game in new vein.so scores are more. Indian bowlers bowled pathetic lines and lengths to Srilankans that made their chase easier than it should have been but whats new , how did their fare in champions Trophy they were not facing dilshan and Sanga in full flow there, they faced freaking pakistan and they scored 300 plus so easily. It is not just this pitch when it comes to ODIS/ 20-20 struggles for Indian bowlers they have been dishing garbage since long time. As some one pointed earlier they let freaking mills and southee score and make it a close game chasing 392 in NZ. Sl bowling is also very mediocre no frontline spinner was playing and ground was small and Sehwag was on song, all this added to 400 plus.Dont blame just pitch.
ODI cricket is at a deplorable state! unless something is done to address this issue i am pretty sure that people will start losing interest in this batting assault' date=' i mean it is just one way traffic, the bowlers turn up each day just to get belted and what good can it do to the game!?[/quote'] Exactly - no one is asking to go to 200 run games as in Benson & Hedges 1985 which was a superb series. But atleast have something for the bowlers, so a 275 can be a par score. Was looking at Benson & Hedges site - nice games: http://www.cricket.com.hk/db/ARCHIVE/1980S/1984-85/OD_TOURNEYS/WCC/

I think bowlers do have to adjust. No other choice. Improve the fielding. India dropped no less than 4 catches yesterday. As a bowler they have to assess the pitch quickly and bowl accordingly. After scoring 411 you would think bowlers would understand the nature of the pitch and bowl accordingly. Not so. So many full tosses and long hops from Nehra and Zaheer. Praveen was an exception. 3 catches were dropped off his bowling. Even Raina had an off day on the field yesterday. See Australia is the worst team when it comes to defending big totals. They defend small totals better. Whenever there is a big total our bowlers get complacent and bowl absolute rubbish until we get to a tight situation.

Why cant it be good, it will make bowlers bowl to one side of wicket rather than bowling all over the place.Praveen kumar at his pace should be shot if he bowls short and hit me for four balls, but he continues to do it. in 1980 normal odis scores were 200 to 250 ,Slogging was done only in last 10 overs then. During 1992 world cup NZ and then 96 world SL too it to another level by attacking upfront ,this led to score of 300 plus consistently.Advent of 20-20 has made batsman look 50 over game in new vein.so scores are more. Indian bowlers bowled pathetic lines and lengths to Srilankans that made their chase easier than it should have been but whats new , how did their fare in champions Trophy they were not facing dilshan and Sanga in full flow there, they faced freaking pakistan and they scored 300 plus so easily. It is not just this pitch when it comes to ODIS/ 20-20 struggles for Indian bowlers they have been dishing garbage since long time. As some one pointed earlier they let freaking mills and southee score and make it a close game chasing 392 in NZ. Sl bowling is also very mediocre no frontline spinner was playing and ground was small and Sehwag was on song, all this added to 400 plus.Dont blame just pitch.
what i meant was Zaheer khan din bowl that badly to have figures of 88 runs in 10 overs. The pitch was so good that even good balls were being dispatched for 6s, i mean what else could a bowler do in such a case, i am not talking about PK because i do accept your fact where with the speed that he has it was utterly stupid to dig in short, that he got Sanga out with one such ball was just ironic!
what i meant was Zaheer khan din bowl that badly to have figures of 88 runs in 10 overs. The pitch was so good that even good balls were being dispatched for 6s' date=' i mean what else could a bowler do in such a case, i am not talking about PK because i do accept your fact where with the speed that he has it was utterly stupid to dig in short, that he got Sanga out with one such ball was just ironic![/quote'] I know but Dhoni was at fault also , sanga kept driving thru cover and yet he never tried to cover that gap, one more thing we have to accept is that Sanga and Dilshan played great.I think that is best I have seen Sanga play he was not even slogging, he just was timing the ball great. Our bowlers try too many things instead of keeping it tight and concentrate on line and length. For this Indian bowling to look anything close to being good, they need support on the field, too many catches were dropped and fielding was just awful that contributed also.What is more worrying factor is all the youngsters were cultprits.Who knows if they caught well it wouldn't have been so close. This is not 70 or 80s where in our main batsmen were standing in slips chatting and never even had any remorse of dropping the catches.

I think the biggest culprit in the last ODI was the short boundary. They didnt show the exact lengths but I guess it wont be an inch more than 60-62 meters which in the era of t20s is absolutely nothing and even mishits will go for a 6. With the next ODI at Nagpur with nearly 80m long boundaries, we may see a slightly better contest even though the pitch is full of runs.