Australia vs Pakistan in Australia, 2009-10

iHammad

From the article:

"They have been very keen on getting Younis over and they called up Iqbal Qasim after the first day to make the request," a board official told Cricinfo. "A request needs to be made in writing and the selection committee will discuss and weigh up the pros and cons before the decision is made."
Are you FUC$$ING kidding me? In writing?,the team is imploding and where the hell do these guys get off? Ryder: We suffer from the same atavistic attitude left over from class based English administrators.

One comment from a delusional green tinted fan: As they say that the form is temporary and class is permanent Pakistan need Younus. His experience and dedication to job will make the junior batsmen perform even better. Seriously? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Stupid selectors should have realized there's no match for him. Classy player like Yonus is desperately needed in our team and his presence in the line-up will only make our team stronger. Not captaining will help release all the pressure and will ensure he scores big without much tension. He must play in the remaining 2 Test matches, along with Afridi! :--D

Another young gun stuns Aussies His teenage physique is a work in progress, but the ability and attitude definitely show that Mohammad Aamer was born to be a fast bowler. More... Aussies impressed with raw pace of Pakistan bowler Mohammad Aamer By Roger Vaughan December 29, 2009 His teenage physique is a work in progress, but the ability and attitude definitely show that Mohammad Aamer was born to be a fast bowler. The 17-year-old Pakistan quick has been a star in the first Test, impressing with his pace and willingness to take the game up to Australia. After 0-101 in the first innings, Aamer had the first five-wicket haul of his seven-Test career with 5-79 in the second dig. It should have been six, with Abdur Rauf dropping a straight-forward catch to let Shane Watson reach his maiden Test century. Aamer took it right up to Watson, even blowing him a couple of kisses during an impressive spell late on day three. He diligently followed the team's plan of short-pitching bowling to Ricky Ponting to dismiss Australia's captain cheaply and started day four with another lively eight-over effort that returned 3-27. English is clearly his second language, but fronting the local media after day four did not bother the confident youngster at all. Asked if he really was 17, he smiled and said: "Look at my shoulders and wrists - a young, little boy. Maybe I will get faster as I grow older." Aamer was also happy to talk about Watson and their on-field battle. "(There's) no rivalry really, it's a game," Aamer said. "If he is talking to me, then I am successful - it means he has lost concentration." Asked about Watson's century, Aamer said: "He played a bad shot and was lucky to get there." Aamer hit Watson with a couple of deliveries on day three and generally made a strong impression with the opener. "I've had a couple of batsmen blow kisses at me, but not a bowler," Watson said. "It was obviously a bit different when the bowler's blowing you kisses, but that's what Test cricket is all about - having a young guy run in and try to hurt you. "To bowl as well as he did was extremely impressive." Watson also admitted feeling relief when Aamer was taken out of the attack following his three-wicket spell early on day four. "It was definitely very difficult to start (on Tuesday), there's no doubt, especially with Aamer bowling the way he was," he said. "He's an extremely good bowler, it's amazing that he's only 17 because (of) the pace that he bowls, the skill that he has. "Thank God he actually pulled up stumps when he did." Aamer was most proud of his caught-behind dismissal of Michael Clarke, but said Ponting's dismissal was a major confidence boost. Ponting was caught at deep backward square leg. "It shows me there is no batsman too big or bowler too big, you only need to use your brain and have some confidence," he said. "Seniors tell you how to go about it and if you follow that, you shouldn't be in trouble in cricket. "Obviously I was really happy because he is a big player, but also happy because a captain depending on you, setting a field for you to bowl to and succeeding in that, whether it is Ponting or any other batsman, it is a great feeling." AAP

Younus Khan called up for the Australian tour http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26533612-5018870,00.html Pakistan's modest batting performance in the first Test has prompted the team hierarchy to call for former captain Younus Khan to be rushed to Australia. As if looking for an excuse to have one of its most experienced players called up, the touring management has wasted no time contacting the Pakistan Cricket Board once the line-up struggled on a flat Melbourne pitch. Pakistan was bowled out for 258 with only exciting youngster Umar Akmal and the recalled Misbah Ul-Haq managing half-centuries. Before the Test, new captain Mohammad Yousuf made no secret how important his predecessor was to the team. "We will miss him," Yousuf said. "He's a very experienced player and a very good team player as well and has performed all over the world." He even hinted before the Test started on Boxing Day that Pakistan would consider asking for Younus. It will be touch and go whether he will arrive before the second Test in Sydney which begins on Sunday. Team management has called up Iqbal Qasim, Pakistan's chief selector, to say they need Younus. "They have been very keen on getting Younus over and they called up Iqbal Qasim after the first day to make the request," a board official told website Cricinfo. "A request needs to be made in writing and the selection committee will discuss and weigh up the pros and cons before the decision is made." Younus abandoned the captaincy after losing a one-day series to New Zealand in Abu Dhabi. He walked away from all cricket, claiming he needed to rest. His failure to play domestic cricket cost him a place in the original touring party to Australia but he is now playing again. One of Pakistan's most successful captain & player is back :--D

Exciting day awaits - The Day 5 Today we can expect to see a great day of test cricket. Believe it or not, Pakistan does have a chance to beat Australia. With already 170 on board with Umar Akmal and Yousuf stuck in the crease, the target doesn't look out of reach. Australian bowling isn't looking any good. They are missing wicket takers like Stuart Clark and Brett Lee. Even though this Aussie attack has bowled well recently, it doesn't look too threatning. I think today we will see plenty of sledging, exciting commentary from Bill Lawry and perhaps some Controversy. Bring it on.. Test Cricket at it's best

Sorry Ticz but for my money, the result is a foregone conclusion. Poyzz will collapse and Australia will romp home with 25 overs to spare Mentally they don't have the capacity. They will collapse at the slightest application of pressure To their credit donkeys will have the dubious honour of losing 11 test matches to Australia in a row. Kamran Abbasi, Osman and others can fantasize all they want but Australia are too professional a team and any chance of some miracle paki victory will be snuffed out by lunchtime.

first hour is critical - if YoYo and Umar can stick around then it may get interesting. With those two around the Assies will struggle to keep them quiet so runs will come. I hope to see an exciting match but think it unlikely that the Poyyz can pull this out