Australia vs Pakistan in Australia, 2009-10

iHammad

Today we can expect to see a great day of test cricket. Believe it or not, Pakistan does have a chance to beat Australia. With already 170 on board with Umar Akmal and Yousuf stuck in the crease, the target doesn't look out of reach. Australian bowling isn't looking any good. They are missing wicket takers like Stuart Clark and Brett Lee. Even though this Aussie attack has bowled well recently, it doesn't look too threatning. I think today we will see plenty of sledging, exciting commentary from Bill Lawry and perhaps some Controversy. Bring it on.. Test Cricket at it's best
i think pakis might win this the odds may be against them, but 253 runs is a day is achievable
Sorry Ticz but for my money, the result is a foregone conclusion. Poyzz will collapse and Australia will romp home with 25 overs to spare Mentally they don't have the capacity. They will collapse at the slightest application of pressure To their credit donkeys will have the dubious honour of losing 11 test matches to Australia in a row. Kamran Abbasi, Osman and others can fantasize all they want but Australia are too professional a team and any chance of some miracle paki victory will be snuffed out by lunchtime.
:hysterical: LMAO, just as I thought.

Hauritz bags five wickets as Aussies find their groove to take first test Ricky Ponting has described Australia's crushing 170-run win over Pakistan at the MCG as 'one of our best Test wins in quite a while' and challenged his team to again be a dominant force in world cricket. More... Aussies find their groove 30/12/2009 5:05 PM Brandon Cohen at the MCG Ricky Ponting has described Australia's crushing 170-run win over Pakistan at the MCG as 'one of our best Test wins in quite a while' and challenged his team to again be a dominant force in world cricket. Ponting moved past Steve Waugh as the most successful captain in Test history with his 42nd victory in his 65th match as skipper, also setting another record as the player with more Test wins (93) than any other. "It's been a great game for us. It's one of our best Test wins in quite a while, I think, starting right from the start of the game from the (Simon) Katich and (Shane) Watson partnership which really set the platform and set the foundation for a very good Test match for us," Ponting said. Nathan Hauritz cleaned up the Pakistanis on the final day, grabbing his maiden five-wicket haul in first-class cricket as Australia took a 1-0 lead in the three-Test series. Hauritz, who last week was urged by chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch to step up when it counted, finished with 5-101 as the tourists were bowled out for 251 in their second innings. "What players like him need is just that breakout performance," Ponting said of his spinner, who also hit a career-best 75 in Australia's first innings. "Unless you've actually got over the line and done it when it really matters, you always have doubts about yourself and whether you can do it." "Today, in Nathan's career, could be one of the really big turning points." "It will give him a lot of confidence, a lot of self-belief, which for younger players striving to find their feet at international level is what you're striving for." Mitchell Johnson started the rot for Pakistan in the first over of the final day with two wickets in two deliveries. The reigning ICC player of the year, who joined an elite group of cricketers to rack up 500 runs and 50 wickets in a calendar year, finished 2009 with 63 wickets - 11 clear of his nearest rival Graeme Swann, who has the chance to add to his tally for England on the final day of the second Test against South Africa. Ponting said Australia's bowling performance in Melbourne was 'as good as it's been in our team for the last couple of years' since the retirements of greats Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath. "The way we bowled in the first innings in particular was just outstanding. The way we used the new ball and we were able to maintain our discipline and execute our skills over such a long period of time at the start of their first batting innings was a real factor in the game, I think," he said. "Really in the past couple of years with our Test cricket we haven't done a lot wrong, we haven't won everything that we've played in but we've been ultra competitive against every team in every condition that we've been in." "We haven't been as dominant, but we are building a squad of players right at the moment that in a couple of years' time are going to be a very dominant team again." On his own personal milestone, Ponting said he was unaware of either record but proud to have achieved the feats in his favourite Test match of the year. "They're things I'll probably be most of proud of when I'm done. We all play to win games of cricket and be involved in a team that is winning games of cricket," he said. "Hopefully there are a lot more wins around the corner and if we play the cricket that we've played over this five days then we will definitely win a lot more games." "The way we're playing at the moment, the way we're going about it, indicates to me that we're playing well, we've got a great squad of players together and the future is very bright for us." Meanwhile Australian selectors have stuck with the same squad for the second Test against Pakistan starting in Sydney on January 3. The decision means young NSW leg-spinner Steve Smith, who was on standby for Hauritz in Melbourne, misses out on a debut. Victorian paceman Clint McKay retains his place in the XII. Australia squad for second Test Ricky Ponting ©, Michael Clarke (vc), Simon Katich, Shane Watson, Michael Hussey, Marcus North, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Peter Siddle, Doug Bollinger, Clint McKay