Australia killing test cricket with their flat pitches.

I don't get the point behind this bump - didn't the second consecutive match in Australia just end in a draw and the fourth consecutive one in India produce a result?
I take it you didn't watch the day's play? I was at the ground today and till the end of the day, you couldn't tell who was going to win. With a dead pitch, the result is a foregone conclusion.
But how is this killing test cricket when a debutante almost saves the team from clutches of defeat? These are the things which makes test cricket an interesting watch.
This thread was made in 2009. Its irrelevant to the test you are talking about. Thread was bumped for banter...that is all.
I take it you didn't watch the day's play? I was at the ground today and till the end of the day, you couldn't tell who was going to win. With a dead pitch, the result is a foregone conclusion.
No, I didn't watch the match and am not contesting that it must have been a good one looking at the score. However, it's not like pitches in India are not producing results or good cricket whereas pitches in Australia are. Last four tests in India have given results and last two in Australia have been draws so I just don't get the timing of the bump. South Africa just batted 150 overs in the last innings - certainly could not have been a minefield.
No' date=' I didn't watch the match and am not contesting that it must have been a good one looking at the score.[b'] However, it's not like pitches in India are not producing results or good cricket whereas pitches in Australia are. Last four tests in India have given results and last two in Australia have been draws so I just don't get the timing of the bump. South Africa just batted 150 overs in the last innings - certainly could not have been a minefield.
I am not contesting that at all. All I am saying is that a flat pitch does not necessarily mean a boring match - This pitch certainly did not "kill test cricket" as the clown of an OP would have you believe, it simply enhanced its reputation.