Is Shastri a complete moron?

I just can't stand the guy's commentary - there are many other hackneyed and cliched commentators out there as well' date=' but the manner in which this lunatic starts yelling into the mike is in a class of it's own. Not to mention the constant reminders of the score at the start and end of every over, "It's 187/3"![/quote'] WHat do you feel about Siva's reading the bowling figures like, "5 overs, one maiden, 25 runs, no wicket" every opportunity he gets. Shastri's has some insight when it comes to anything not related to Tendulkar. He loses sight when it matters Tendulkar and starts praising him, Just like Gavaskar.
WHat do you feel about Siva's reading the bowling figures like, "5 overs, one maiden, 25 runs, no wicket" every opportunity he gets. Shastri's has some insight when it comes to anything not related to Tendulkar. He loses sight when it matters Tendulkar and starts praising him, Just like Gavaskar.
The likes of Siva, Arun Lal, Rameez, Waqar are not even worth discussing except for the occasional comic relief they provide. That category is a completely different one. At least Shastri is articulate, but he is pretty damn annoying as well and has grown more so over the last 2 years since IPL when he literally starts yelling into the mike at every opportunity he gets.

He pissed the **** outta me when he kept saying India will get to 500 EASILY (when we were 270 add @ 30 overs mark). I mean wtf was he thinking when he actually believed that ANY team can score 500 easily..halwa hain kya ?

I like him. When I'm watching India play, I'm watching as an INDIAN cricket fan, not a general cricket lover. I would rather hear "What a great shot from the master" and "he makes it look so easy" rather than an aussie blurting "nobody could have played this shot better, with the exception of :punter:" or a Waqar puking "Sachin is great, along with Inzi :banghead:".

Its Sunil Gavaskar that is starting to get on my nerves now. He's like a grandfather on the mic these days. "Sachin should take PP" "Why isn't Sachin taking pp" "PP should definitely be taken now" "I think Sachin doesn't remember that he can still take the PP" He said that all in 1 over. Also, he's been incredibly, incredibly biased lately as well. You can always sense he's getting upset when an Indian player he likes or hates performs badly.

Sanjay Manjrekar is the best among Indian Commies... very analytic...rest all are like anouncers before a female wrestling match.
I hate him. Because he is an obsessive commie. If he picks on something he will be yapping about it for the rest of the match. For instance say the captain fails to station a fielder in 2nd slip and Manju points out. If there is a catch gone in that direction, you will be listening to that for the rest of the day. He is over analytical if anything. Among the Indian commies Ravi is okay. But compared to Channel 9 he is poor.

I loved Ravi Shastri's commentary during the over in which Yuvi hit 6 sixes in an over against Broad! "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND he's put it away!!!" :D Harsha Bhogle is too funny at times. Sunny is good, but not one of the best. :) Wasim Akram is the worst in my opinion! :( He has nothing else to comment on other than field placings) Anyways, different people, different views I guess :) Edit: I like L Sivaramakrishnan too! :giggle: