Viru's captaincy today

sachinrox

Brilliant to say the least. 1) Bowling moves and shuffling bowlers everytime,combination of pace and spin and spin with spin in tandom for some while :hatsoff: 2) Having fielders in the circle 7 of them even in non powerplays not to concede easy singles to the much inexperienced sri lankan middle order. Commendable job 3) Attacking with a slip to keep building pressure on the new batsman so that they cant "open the face of the bat and hit" Discuss

one thng i am apprehensive abt dhoni captaincy is he should stamp his authority against bowlers when they are bowling crap .. like giving a few stares or warn them .. today i did see sehwag trying to do it .. also his field settings were well thought .. he started the collapse too by getting sanga .. but dhoni is good for now and will improve as he goes along ..

Haha, hindsight is always 20/20. Had SL scored 325+ (which they should've) considering they were 165/1, we would have blamed his captaincy for having 7 fielders in the ring and his street smartness :giggle:. India bowled AWFULLY in their starting spell and I do not ****iing understand on what basis is IShant getting picked in LOI/T20 formats without putting the hard yard in domestic circuit. He was taken to cleaners and leaked bloody 42 runs in 3 overs. I do understand the need of replacing PK on substandard flat tracks but if we are going to replace him with IS, then I would have PK instead because he will be almost as bad as IS but will at least score 10-20 runs in the lower order.

one thng i am apprehensive abt dhoni captaincy is he should stamp his authority against bowlers when they are bowling crap .. like giving a few stares or warn them .. today i did see sehwag trying to do it .. also his field settings were well thought .. he started the collapse too by getting sanga .. but dhoni is good for now and will improve as he goes along ..
..and that's your solution to our bowling woes ? It did not help Ganguly (who would drop his shoulders), RSD (showing his frustration when bowlers bowled crap) and AK (making weird faces every time a bowler was hit for 4). :giggle:
..and that's your solution to our bowling woes ? It did not help Ganguly (who would drop his shoulders)' date=' RSD (showing his frustration when bowlers bowled crap) and AK (making weird faces every time a bowler was hit for 4). :giggle:[/quote'] small things like that do help .. ofcourse its not a soln for our bowling woes .. i think our bowlers sometimes waver in their thoughts and concentration so if someone keeps them on their toes always .. they will do better ..

one good thing was, unlike many stop gap captains/batsmen, he did not stay away from bowling. he is a more than useful bowler who is underbowled by Dhoni. when the overrate was slow under the SL onslaught , sehwag took up the bowling and even lured sanga ...

Hey come on, it was just one match, it was a SL choke more than anything else, OK he did work ut some plans that went his way but it is not necessary that it ll be working under every condition, there are certain things like field placements and the 7-2 combination which worked out pretty well for us.But had SL step on the gas at that stage and looked to accelerate and go over the top and gai nmomentum, Sehwag would have been critisized for doing that. All in all it was a hit/miss challenge for Viru and he was on the whole good but he needs to be consistent in the next ODI as well to win my heart wioth his strategies

he was awesome.that DK f**** up with Dilshan runout would have bolwn any captain mad,but Veeru just calmly told his mistake. n then brought himself wen the RR was 8 n continued even after getting hit for a six.then after getting Sanga,he immeditely removed himself despite bowling well.his fields were aggresive n smart. n bowling changes good.overall a great match for Veeru

he was awesome.that DK f**** up with Dilshan runout would have bolwn any captain mad,but Veeru just calmly told his mistake. n then brought himself wen the RR was 8 n continued even after getting hit for a six.then after getting Sanga,he immeditely removed himself despite bowling well.his fields were aggresive n smart. n bowling changes good.overall a great match for Veeru
dude run outs dont present very often .. best of best fielders make mistakes while running some one out .. first our fielders should catch properly .. that is priority ..his catching was ok .. he was very good in the game .. made runs too to justify his place .. well done DK :two_thumbs_up:
dude run outs dont present very often .. best of best fielders make mistakes while running some one out .. first our fielders should catch properly .. that is priority ..his catching was ok .. he was very good in the game .. made runs too to justify his place .. well done DK :two_thumbs_up:
please dont try to defend Dinesh karthik. it was not a mistake, it was a colossal blunder. he did not 'miss' the collection. that cud have been pardoned. but this dimwit tried a fancy attempt! he came out as an idiot. he is not playing a singles game in tennin to try a back flip. for God's sake, he is playing for india and he botched up an easy run out, purely because of his brain(?) freeze. trying something due to over confidence is unpardonable . hope he has learnt from it and never repeats it.
please dont try to defend Dinesh karthik. it was not a mistake' date=' it was a colossal blunder. he did not 'miss' the collection. that cud have been pardoned. [b']but this dimwit tried a fancy attempt! he came out as an idiot. he is not playing a singles game in tennin to try a back flip. for God's sake, he is playing for india and he botched up an easy run out, purely because of his brain(?) freeze. trying something due to over confidence is unpardonable . hope he has learnt from it and never repeats it.
That is exactly his problem. Showing off. He tries to make even simple catch look like spectacular one. He spills the far simpler ones in the process. He should understand he is never going to be Jeff Dujon who was criticized for exaggerating simple catches. But he was bloody good at that. Karthik is never going to be a Dujon. He should just try to focus on collecting and doing the basics instead of trying stupid things like this.