IPL 2010 - News, Views and Opinion thread.

Dirty_South

Boycott IPL3 if Pakis play
What if they promise to not bomb India for the next 10 years? I think we can allow them then, it'll make for some good cricket :nervous: Also why do they have to trade every season? THey hardly get to play with each other before they are drafted to other teams.

IPL will kill Indian Cricket.... After fab 4 retire...Indian win % will go into free fall..... Without popularity and goodwill of national team,its death to IPL...it will become a cheap and low quality tamasha like ICL.. SInce there is not much contribution from Indian players in their IPL teams....more foreign players will be drafted into teams....shame to Indian Cricket..

IPL will kill Indian Cricket.... After fab 4 retire...Indian win % will go into free fall..... Without popularity and goodwill of national team,its death to IPL...it will become a cheap and low quality tamasha like ICL.. SInce there is not much contribution from Indian players in their IPL teams....more foreign players will be drafted into teams....shame to Indian Cricket..
Agreed. The IPL is a load of crap that detracts from proper cricket with $$$ signs. It's obscene that there is / was plans to hold two IPLs a year. The format of the tournament is a joke to. What? 56 matches between the eight teams. It's far too many. BCCI has become money-oriented goons. SCRAP THE IPL NOW.

Lalit Modi is speaking in dictatorial terms from last couple of years. The recent quibbles by Shashank Manohar on the impact of IPL on our players is only because of some internal dispute on commisions that all BCCI ppl receive. Now with influential IPL owners, Sponsors teaming up with BCCI dogs Indian Cricket will be exploited to death at the same rate as our country by our politicians. We are past the best days of Indian Cricket which were last couple of years. Unless 3 or four more Sachins come up in the next 5 years(We all know this is Impossible) then its all downhill.

Our IPL teams were shown up by T&T' date=' NSW, Victoria, Cobra teams. [b']They are good for only one thing. Beating each other in the contest of who is more mediocre.
:haha: Gold, pure gold. Good to see posters here getting smart. Too much of IPL or any other T20 league will only hurt cricket. We have already seen international players preferring to play IPL over their countries, valuing money over pride and preferring to play more gully-danda smash bang cricket over real test of a Test match. It sure has good money but sadly money corrupts more then it builds.

:haha: Gold, pure gold. Good to see posters here getting smart. Too much of IPL or any other T20 league will only hurt cricket. We have already seen international players preferring to play IPL over their countries, valuing money over pride and preferring to play more gully-danda smash bang cricket over real test of a Test match. It sure has good money but sadly money corrupts more then it builds.
You mean someone like Afridi?

:haha: Gold, pure gold. Good to see posters here getting smart.
Everyone on ICF knows IPL is not good for World Cricket and mortal for Indian Cricket.. And that smiley....What do you mean by that smiley....If ur showing ur Pakity....then read on T20 success of any team is not at all indicative of quality of the team. in Champs League... even team DC could have won it which has bunch of no names if it had proper preparation time...for team bonding, practise, team spirit and all that ****.... Pak success in T20 is the worst thing for u guys who already have half brains... If other teams had come from a long layoff in World T20 then Pak wd have not even made it to Semis. With cricket almost like 5 days a week throughout the year....its almost impossible for any country to maintain motivations levels up to play and win except for the Aussies. Look at ur team its pathetic then NZ...And please dont preach abt Test Matches... Pak team is really made up of gilly Danda players..... Abdul Razzak epitomizes it...

Ohh wow. Again people hating IPL. Do you think that Modi is holding a gun to the players head to make them play? Its their choice. Look at the pakis begging last year to play. Who the fk are you to judge players wanting to make more money when you yourself wants to do that? How many of the people who wants players not to play IPL and only play for India, are working in India ? What about you pak_forever? Are you in Pakistan ? Bottom line....IPL is just another tournament. If players think that their lives will be better off playing in IPL , then so be it. STFU. Maybe if you give all you money to charity in India, then you have the moral right to judge the players.Otherwise, you too are just like them, me and everyone else,just the hypocritical version.

Everyone on ICF knows IPL is not good for World Cricket and mortal for Indian Cricket.. And that smiley....What do you mean by that smiley....If ur showing ur Pakity....then read on T20 success of any team is not at all indicative of quality of the team. in Champs League... even team DC could have won it which has bunch of no names if it had proper preparation time...for team bonding, practise, team spirit and all that ****.... Pak success in T20 is the worst thing for u guys who already have half brains... If other teams had come from a long layoff in World T20 then Pak wd have not even made it to Semis. With cricket almost like 5 days a week throughout the year....its almost impossible for any country to maintain motivations levels up to play and win except for the Aussies. Look at ur team its pathetic then NZ...And please dont preach abt Test Matches... Pak team is really made up of gilly Danda players..... Abdul Razzak epitomizes it...
you guys have turned it into a Pak bashing thread. hah how typical of you. So now the reason of not doing well in T20 WC was due to not having long layoffs? How about in 2007 when Pak made it to final? Whether you like it or not, Pakistan is the most consistent and strongest outfit in T20 cricket. T20 is not about tullaey bazi, you actually need good pacers "who can bowl yorkers at will" and excellent spinners to win T20 games. Something that you hardly witness in other international teams and mickey mouse tournaments like IPL. Pakistan got the best limited over bowling attack out there, so your stupid theory of half brain required for T20 and what not goes straight to bin. In ODIs we all know who made it to the semis of Champions trophy, and Test well ya that's where we are way behind. Coming series will give a good picture of where we stand in Test, I know our bowlers will rock any batting line-up but don't have much hope from our batsmen...hope I am proven wrong.

Ohh wow. Again people hating IPL. Do you think that Modi is holding a gun to the players head to make them play? Its their choice. Look at the pakis begging last year to play. Who the fk are you to judge players wanting to make more money when you yourself wants to do that? How many of the people who wants players not to play IPL and only play for India, are working in India ? What about you pak_forever? Are you in Pakistan ? Bottom line....IPL is just another tournament. If players think that their lives will be better off playing in IPL , then so be it. STFU. Maybe if you give all you money to charity in India, then you have the moral right to judge the players.Otherwise, you too are just like them, me and everyone else,just the hypocritical version.
Its certainly good for local boys who don't get a chance in international arena. My IPLreference is only regarding excessive occurrence and its overall impact on international cricket. Read my earlier post where I mentioned about national players "who already make good money" skip international match and wiling to quit Test matches just to play in IPL.

Its certainly good for local boys who don't get a chance in international arena. My IPLreference is only regarding excessive occurrence and its overall impact on international cricket. Read my earlier post where I mentioned about national players "who already make good money" skip international match and wiling to quit Test matches just to play in IPL.
Where do you work ?