Pakistani attack is Soooooo Over Rated!

dr_tooley

Agreed Bumper especially regarding Asif. He has ticked a lot boxes but the one he must tick before he can truly lay a claim to being great is prolonged consistency. Its no good having a bright beginning only to disappear for 2 years and come back again and do it against a weak NZ side. I would like to see him maintain his stats for 10 Tests(thats about a year I guess). If he can do that he genuinely has a claim to the best bowler of the current era alongwith Steyn.

Asif is no different that IP , needs a lot of assistance from pitch ..hes been very lucky to hav eplayed only a handful of matches on flat ones , but you will see the difference in his performance .....last two tests , Faisalabad against Inida & home series against SA are his only matches on flat pitches & his avg must be 50+ in those

We still got 2nd inning guys' date=' so calm down. If not 2nd inning then we will have two more Tests to go. You guys should be the last people to talk about disappointing and rated attacks. :winky:[/quote'] No actually its you guys who should be the last to speak about 'attacks' never mind rated ones. The proof is in this page itself few posts above.
Aamer bowled beautifully ' date=' but has to pitch it up to get wickets in Aus ...if Pak has to even win a match Aamer will have to learn pretty fast[/quote'] Unfortunately as the Paki Batting is so mad, they are likely to go down to an innings defeat. This unfortunately means we will not be able to see the "Great" Paki bowling attack in this test. Aamir has been unfairly compared to Akram. Akram was a truely great bowler. Able to move it off the seam on the flatest of wickets. Aamir is a fairly average bowler. He has entirely failed to trouble the Aussie batsman. Ishant had no such problem on his first tour of Australia. Of the current Pakistan attack, none would get into the Indian team.
Unfortunately as the Paki Batting is so mad, they are likely to go down to an innings defeat. This unfortunately means we will not be able to see the "Great" Paki bowling attack in this test. Aamir has been unfairly compared to Akram. Akram was a truely great bowler. Able to move it off the seam on the flatest of wickets. Aamir is a fairly average bowler. He has entirely failed to trouble the Aussie batsman. Ishant had no such problem on his first tour of Australia. Of the current Pakistan attack, none would get into the Indian team.
I did not talk about the rest of the team as this is a thread about bowlers. But its stating the truely obvious to say NONE of the current Pakistan team could get into the Indian side. They maybe could scape a place in the 2nd team but I have my doubts about that too.
^Gul and Asif are better than any Indian pacer save Zaheer. Particularly so given Ishants less than great form of late and the fact that Santh needs a few more tests to show he's got the mojo back.
But we don't claim we are the world's best :winky: . If anything we never rate our pacers despite Ishant winning man of the series against Australia, Zak winning man of the series against England. We know our limitations.
^Gul and Asif are better than any Indian pacer save Zaheer. Particularly so given Ishants less than great form of late and the fact that Santh needs a few more tests to show he's got the mojo back.
O really ? What has Gul done to merit that ? I am talking test cricket. How about Gul's less than great form in tests ? And Asif's great performance in 2 tests followed by an insipid bowling in the next one and now the current one is proof that he has his mojo back ?

Yup They are better than Indian bowlers in T20. I'll give that. But in Tests India has better bench strength. http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=wickets;spanmax1=27+Dec+2009;spanmin1=27+Dec+2007;spanval1=span;team=6;team=7;template=results;type=bowling Last 2 years bowling records of India/Pakistan. Nothing much to choose. Asif got some good returns in NZ. Gotta see how he does in Australia.

^Gul and Asif are better than any Indian pacer save Zaheer.
No, Gul is not better than Sreesanth, Sooda. Take out Gul's Bangladesh bashing and he averages 35 from 21 Tests (76 wickets). Sree averages 31 from 16 Tests (58 wickets) having never played Bangladesh (neither bowler has played Zimbabwe). As for the "mojo" thing about Sree, as PK says, you can easily question that about Asif too.
Excellent. So Ishant's loss of form "of late" works against him, while Gul's does not. Great logic.
I am so sorry. I forgot. By definition Pakistani bowlers are the best in the world. And please please please forgive those Aussie Batsmen who didn't know that either. :hysterical:
We still got 2nd inning guys' date=' so calm down. If not 2nd inning then we will have two more Tests to go. You guys should be the last people to talk about disappointing and rated attacks. :winky:[/quote'] So we saw the great Paki attack in action again yesterday. Wow:--D Couldn't get Peter Siddle for al whole session. He must be a great undescovered batsman then.:yay: