Kotla ka Ghosla : The pitch-farce

Cricketics

Sorry Shane I dont agree. All this pitch is contributing towards is that the batsmen have to work to get the runs, and you cannot reach 70 in 5 overs. The pitch has uneven bounce, and so the batsmen with the right technique will survive - and the ones who are good at hitting through the line or like having nice even bounce without any movement will struggle. I think if the conditions remain similar, even our batsmen will have a few problems - unless Sehwag gets going. Its a good pitch for the bowlers, and finally, there's a game thats worth watching for a decent contest.

Classic. I am liking it. They wanted to do this before champions league, but neverthe less. Kotla wicket looks interesting. It produces some interesting game anywayz, and now with this newly laid track, I think things woiuld get more interesting.
Match abandoned. :cantstop:
Sorry Shane I dont agree. All this pitch is contributing towards is that the batsmen have to work to get the runs' date=' and you cannot reach 70 in 5 overs. The pitch has uneven bounce, and so the batsmen with the right technique will survive - and the ones who are good at hitting through the line or like having nice even bounce without any movement will struggle. I think if the conditions remain similar, even our batsmen will have a few problems - unless Sehwag gets going. Its a good pitch for the bowlers, and finally, there's a game thats worth watching for a decent contest.[/quote'] g, The balance between bat and ball is still not restored, the earlier games, they were heavily in the favour of the batters and now with these uneven pitches the bowlers are on top. Would love to see a good cricketing pitch, where there is an even contest between bat and ball without the balance being disturbed. I would say this is as bad a pitch as the 414 game, only this one is in favour of the bowlers.

DDCA - quite easily the most incompetent state association going around although my homestate Rajasthan is not much better. Pretty piss poor performance from the DDCA, curators, etc - you have 35-40K people packed in and they get this tripe. Cant blame the players - I think they waited for as long as they could to see if it will even out.