Umar Akmal is a potential batting great

Now dropped from the test side and his replacement Asad Shafique did well. End of road for Ukmal?
not really, still yes stil i think he is the best prospect we have currently! its just he needs a good guider.... his only mistake this series was his rash shot in the 1st test :headshake:, scored a good 60 in the 5th ODI.
not really, still yes stil i think he is the best prospect we have currently! its just he needs a good guider.... his only mistake this series was his rash shot in the 1st test :headshake:, scored a good 60 in the 5th ODI.
Yeah when england hardly gave a damn after they were in the verge of victory.. Was never convinced by him, looked more like Ashraful 2.0, never seen him play proper cricketing shots..
Yeah when england hardly gave a damn after they were in the verge of victory.. Was never convinced by him' date=' looked more like Ashraful 2.0, never seen him play proper cricketing shots..[/quote'] south africa you mean! and he does have some good strokes in his pocket! S6V6S_dlxY8 note: I am dispointed too the way he gets out! but still my faith in him, even though i'd prefer azhar and shafique over him as my first choice if things dont change in tests. in ODIs esp for world cup he is must! and our great sheikh from Pakistan knows that too! :--D
south africa you mean! and he does have some good strokes in his pocket! note: I am dispointed too the way he gets out! but still my faith in him, even though i'd prefer azhar and shafique over him as my first choice if things dont change in tests. in ODIs esp for world cup he is must! and our great sheikh from Pakistan knows that too! :--D
Ooh, thought you were talking about that England tests. I'm talking about tests mainly, but he's a fine ODI player. About the vid, yes he did play a couple of decent strokes (on a flat wicket, btw), doesn't mean he's a prodigy. I didn't mean that in literal sense, of course he's not a talentless hack like afretard, but nothing worth the hype from what I've seen. Exactly like Ashraful used to be when he came on to scene.
Ooh, thought you were talking about that England tests. I'm talking about tests mainly, but he's a fine ODI player. About the vid, yes he did play a couple of decent strokes (on a flat wicket, btw), doesn't mean he's a prodigy. I didn't mean that in literal sense, of course he's not a talentless hack like afretard, but nothing worth the hype from what I've seen. Exactly like Ashraful used to be when he came on to scene.
your post was good but i just didnt like one thing, how dare you call the nawab of mardan, the sultan of Pakistan, Khan of its Pathan, shahzada of its people a Talentless hack...:headshake: Afridi is entertainment in Cricket
Umm now that's a really dumb statement. Did you even bother watching the match? Infact I'd go so far as to say that you probably haven't watched young Akmal play yet :cantstop:
I have seen him. Same like senior Khatmal. SLogged his way through his first century on those teeny tiny NZ grounds on a flat pitch.
Umm now that's a really dumb statement. Did you even bother watching the match? Infact I'd go so far as to say that you probably haven't watched young Akmal play yet :cantstop:
I have seen him quite a few times and though he's a good prospect his technique is way too loose. I am more impressed by Ahmed Shehzad so far and if I have to pick one to succeed I would lean towards Shehzad. If things go for Umar he looks pretty good but to be successful in the longer run he would have to eschew playing too shots at the start of his innings, bide his time and bat as per the condition and situation of the match. I have been extremely impressed by Kohli so far and it's clear that he has worked on tightening his game and doesn't throw his wicket away after getting a start. This is what Umar will need to learn as well. It's not one-off innings that make you a great but consistency, which he hasn't mastered so far.
I have seen him quite a few times and though he's a good prospect his technique is way too loose. I am more impressed by Ahmed Shehzad so far and if I have to pick one to succeed I would lean towards Shehzad. If things go for Umar he looks pretty good but to be successful in the longer run he would have to eschew playing too shots at the start of his innings, bide his time and bat as per the condition and situation of the match. I have been extremely impressed by Kohli so far and it's clear that he has worked on tightening his game and doesn't throw his wicket away after getting a start. This is what Umar will need to learn as well. It's not one-off innings that make you a great but consistency, which he hasn't mastered so far.
I second your observation. The main problem with Umar is his reckless nature and he has thrown his wicket away many times by this attitude. Natural talent, he has loads and loads of that. He played very sensibly today and even admitted in the post match conference that that's the right way to go about constructing his innings. I'm expecting something special from him in this World Cup Insh'Allah. That lad is a big situation player:two_thumbs_up:
I second your observation. The main problem with Umar is his reckless nature and he has thrown his wicket away many times by this attitude. Natural talent, he has loads and loads of that. He played very sensibly today and even admitted in the post match conference that that's the right way to go about constructing his innings. I'm expecting something special from him in this World Cup Insh'Allah. That lad is a big situation player:two_thumbs_up:
At the international level it's not the talent but things like temperament and willingness to learn & adapt your game that count. It's a given that if you are playing for an international team you are talented. I mean look at Imran Nazir. To me the guy was as talented as anyone but he simply refused to learn and change his game to adapt to international cricket. You may get away playing attacking shots at the beginning of an innings but at intl level you will be found out. This adaptation to the game once you reach the intl stage is what decides whether you will be successful or not. I would wait for a few more games to see whether Umar has changed his game.
:haha: you mean like Imran Nazir ?