How about Jadeja in place of Yuvi in tests?

^ Particularly considering our bowling, especially on home pattas aint so hot. VVSL is right : Chawla, he could be the bowler batsman that might prove so useful. Im sure he is much more of a wicket taking option than RJ. But good enough a batsman to be a 'allrounder'? Maybe the spin attack should be Powar + Chawla and 3 pacers, as both Powar and Chawla can bat a bit :D
Yes, Chawla is not a bad option either..He has improved as batsman. He has hit a century in county. .But I am not sure whether he is better than mishra as a leg spinner. Powar is very good spinner and better than Bhajji anyday, but his fitness will never allow him to be part of Indian team again. Considering Bhajji and chawla can bat , we can go with 2 spinners and 3 pacers.
Yes' date=' Chawla is not a bad option either..He has improved as batsman. He has hit a century in county. .But I am not sure whether he is better than mishra as a leg spinner. [b']Powar is very good spinner and better than Bhajji anyday, but his fitness will never allow him to be part of Indian team again. Considering Bhajji and chawla can bat , we can go with 2 spinners and 3 pacers.
u must be joking
u must be joking
I am talking based on powar I have seen 3-4 years back. Powar was very good bowler never afraid of tossing the ball up unlike Bhajji those days. Powar also had a very good drifter ball and also slower delivery. If he is as agile as Bhajji, bhajji would never have seen another day in Indian team. But unfortunately powar's waistline and his 'allrounder' tag cost him his place in the team. Its another matter that after developing 'doosra' Bhajji has become more lethal.

Jadeja has a couple of things going against him for a spot in the test team. Considering that Bhajji is a sure selection for one of the spinner slots, we need a wrist-spinner when playing in the subcontinent. Another thing that is going against him is the fact that India's need for an all-rounder is more specifically a pace bowler who can also bat well. We do have part-time spinning options in Sehwag and Tendulkar but none in the pace-bowling front. So, what options do we have to fill the pace-bowling allrounder position? Irfan Pathan is one of the options, as already pointed out by someone here. However, he lacks penetration when bowling on subcontinent wickets and it is high-time we stopped hoping his bowling will improve. One other option we have, is C. Ganapathy, who has been the leading wicket-taker for TN in this Ranji season. His record(with both bat and ball) for this season as well as his career statistics is worth looking at. C.Ganapathy Ranji Season 2009-10 Matches Played: 8 Batting Runs: 543 Highest Score: 126 Average: 77.56 100s: 2 Bowling Wkts: 18 Ave: 24.22 Career Summary Batting Avg: 47.68 Bowling Avg: 28.04

Badrinath should be in place of Yuvaraj in test' date=' if required.[/quote'] It is not looking good for Badri at the moment. Murali Vijay and Dinesh Karthik are more likely to earn a place in the Test team if a position opens up in the batting line-up. This is evident from the squad selected for the Bangladesh Tour.
This is a shame for indian cricket. KKD is such a horrible keeper and batsman but still manage to get selected.
KKD is a good bat. He showed brilliant application when we toured England last time. They played a large part in our wins by providing good opening stands with Jaffer
I' date='ve seen C.Ganapathy bowl..nothing about his bowling tells me he will be decent at International level.[/quote'] I've not had the opportunity to see him bowl and I am going by only his record which you will agree is impressive, however, if you have seen him bowl and don't think he will succeed at the highest level then it would only be fair if you elaborate why you think so.