<<< Upclose with Rahul Dravid >>>

Upclose with RD With the Ranji semi final against UP coming to an end, I sniffed an opportunity to get upclose with RD. When Karnataka declared at around 2:00PM, I went straight to the stadium and I was waiting for the players to come off the field after the customary handshake. It dint take much time and within an hour, it was all over. Karnataka entered the final of the prestigious Ranji trophy competition after 11 long years. Once the players left the field, I rushed to the players area, in the hope of getting a close view of some of the international cricketers. I could not get access to the UP side of the dressing room. But eventually made it to the area where a press conference was about to begin. Initially it was Sunil Joshi and the coach Sharath, who addressed the media. RD came much later. He took his seat and started answering the questions from the 15 odd pressmen around. He was quite straightforward with his replies and also witty at times. When one scribe quipped “you were a youngster when Karnataka made it to the finals last time aroundâ€, he smiles and said “I don’t think I was very much an youngster back then, but yeah, thanks for saying thatâ€. Another guy asked about his opinion on BCCI looking to arrange more tests, he flashed a big smile and said, “Ofcourse I must be very happy afterall†and said that it’s a good thing that BCCI is giving importance to test cricket. It will be good if there are ateast 10 tests in a year. He also had good words for the pace trio who has taken a combined 100+ wickets this season. He felt that apart from himself and Joshi, most of the boys in the squad are less than 25 and inspite of being a very young team they have pulled in their weight. I asked who among these does he think will make it to the Indian squad. He mentioned Manish Pandey’s name and marked him for a special mention (I just remembered how some of the revered members in ICF call him a cowlasher and laughed to myself). Dravid made his feelings known about his keenness to play in the final, but said that his participation depends on a no. of factors, the major one being BCCI’s mandate that he be present in Dhaka on the 15th for the test series against Bangladesh. He felt that if the Final could be preponed by a day or if BCCI is okay with him joining the squad on the 16th, he will definitely play in the finals. He also added that whether he plays or not, the team is good enough to take on the strong Mumbai team. And before leaving, I got a chance to take a picture with RD as well…:yay: 5eafro.jpg

Great picture and great thread. Dina are you are reporter. I never knew that previously. Manish Pandey has talent and I was the first to say it whereas everybody else termed him cowlasher. :winky:
lolz.. I aint no reporter... I was just there along with other reporters.. So I pretended to be a reporter myself and had the guts to even ask a question... :--D If I were a reporter, I would have flooded ICF with so many photos with cricketers.. isnt it :wink:
Did you have any pass to enter pavilion stand? I couldn't go through main stand when I visited last week, they said it is not allowed for public. So how did you manage to get into pavilion? Anyway great report and photo:icflove:
No pass nothing.. You just have to pretend as if you are someone important and walk as fast as possible (or better still run, when you cross any security trying to stop you). I actually dont have any shame when it comes to gate crashing into players' area, pavilion etc especially when I can get a glimpse of my favorite cricketers. :--D,
lolz.. I aint no reporter... I was just there along with other reporters.. So I pretended to be a reporter myself and had the guts to even ask a question... :--D If I were a reporter, I would have flooded ICF with so many photos with cricketers.. isnt it :wink:
Dinakkar should have asked Rahul if he would do an interview with ICF