Analysis on our fielding

gaurav92

We filed well in big matches when we feel we need to perfoem our best to win. In games like this the boys just switch off and relax.
Which is actually a wrong attitude. It's games like these we have play well and ensure a win. You just can't lose to teams like Bangladesh..If you lose then you'll not hear the end of it. :winky:
We have seen a dropping graphing in the standards of fielding by India in the last 18 months or so.I reckon it was just after the Aussie tour that we played so well.Some reasons that i feel are responsible to the dropping graph of India fielding is :- 1) Too much money injected in players via IPL.This makes them tired and eventually a 20 year old, fields like a 35 year old man. 2) Besides this, even the lack of practice, due to increasing no. of endorsements for every player, advertisement and brand names come before the net session. 3) Strong batting line up, that gives us cushion of 30 runs at least, leads to complacency in the field, as we think that our batsman can do the job and nchase down any total. 4) Too many field changes, I have also noticed that MS keeps fielders busy by moving them to various positions too often.Instead, keep the best guy, in much needed position. 5) Wrong field placements.MS keeps bowlers at Fine Leg and Third man, where in many balls go in the first 10-12 overs.The new ball bowlers has to run some more yards after every over, and come and bowl again.A wiser decision would be to keep the opening bowlers at Mid on or Mid off. Another analysis that i have done is the different in outfields : 1) The sub-continental field is far more dry than in Aus/Eng.The outfield is very fast in sub continent as it has dead grass or dried grass, whereas in Aus there are live green grass. 2) The outfield is very hard from under the grass in sub continent, making it hard for fielders in the ring (like point, covers etc.) to dive, whereas in Aus/Eng the ground is not as hard as this, and the fielders feel it less risky to dive for fielding and catching. Any more points are welcome.What do u say?
Dude, you cannot call this an 'analysis'. This is more like 'Possible reasons/excuses for our pathetic fielding'.

Yes coach is needed. But it has to come from within. AZharuddin admitted he was never a great fielder. But he worked hard at it to become a decent one. You need desire to become good fielder. Most of us must have played cricket at some level. You probably observed fielding comes natural for some guys, some guys are lethargic. If you do not want to become a good fielder no coach can make you a good fielder.

Which is actually a wrong attitude. It's games like these we have play well and ensure a win. You just can't lose to teams like Bangladesh..If you lose then you'll not hear the end of it. :winky:
I agree but thats their attitude. Thus in bigger games they give 100% and the fileding improves. In lesser games they switch off and the mistakes flow
What else do u call analysis' date=' for me thats the analysis.I think i ve made the thread to give out my opinion on [b']CRICKET and not to ask u the correct english meaning of "analysis" dont want any english lessons from u
when did i even attempt to given you any english lessons ? :hysterical: sheesh...I thought pakistani's were the only emo people around I'm just saying that the Indian fielding sucks..no amount of analysis will justify the reason for it sucking.
Dude' date=' you cannot call this an 'analysis'. This is more like 'Possible reasons/excuses for our pathetic fielding'.[/quote'] What else do u call analysis, for me thats the analysis.I think i ve made the thread to give out my opinion on CRICKET and not to ask u the correct english meaning of "analysis" dont want any english lessons from u
What else do u call analysis' date=' for me thats the analysis.I think i ve made the thread to give out my opinion on CRICKET and not to ask u the correct english meaning of "analysis" dont want any english lessons from u[/quote'] No need to get all worked up. An analysis would include taking raw data on fielding and derive meaning out of it. For starters, if you have do an analysis on fielding then you have to start collecting all the mis-fields that happened over a period of time, the cost (in terms of runs associated with it), fielder involved, fielding position, age, day/night game, total no. of mis-fields committed by the opposition and few other information. Once you have all the information you need, you have to sort/filter/categorize the data and use them as evidence for your interpretation. I was expecting all this when I clicked on the thread.

Anyone remember that Sprite advert YEARS ago where this guy has this real rant about crappy Indian fielding and how they dont dive (..DIVE RE BABA DIVE ! I WILL WASH YOUR CLOTHES FOR YOU...!!) It was a great advert. Shame how its come full circle and were back to those days again