138 innings, Mean = 51, SR = 89

Bloody legend. The 36 N.O.s help the average, of course (if one assumed he was out for no additional score each of those N.O. innings, the average drops to 38). That would be an asinine assumption, of course, especially considering that the man is an accumulator *and* finisher rolled into one. Bloody legend, I say again.

He is just awesome. And some how' date=' after all these, people underestimate him.[/quote'] I think that really helps him because opposition tend to underrate him and concentrate on the other big stars in our line up and our man just goes there and does his business as usual with the opponents having no clue as to what hit them. We are lucky to have him in our squad!
Namaskara gowdre :-D ...just one nit pick ... that SR is dropping very steadily though .... it used to be well over 100 during the early part of his career and its now below 90 ...
Namaskarree ... but, one must consider that he has evolved post-captaincy - shall we say "matured" as a batsman :)?. Pre-captaincy, he averaged 43 (in 86 innings) with a 95 SR. Post-captaincy, he averages nearly 66 (in 52 innings) with an 84 SR. He's not a biff-banger anymore!
I'm worried he'll burn out in a couple of years. Let's just hope he can carry on till 2011 WC in this form and in the following year when we have a huge number of test matches lined up.
I am not much worried actually because he is playing very coolly anyways. Like Dravid, he shines under pressure.
I am not much worried actually because he is playing very coolly anyways. Like Dravid' date=' he shines under pressure.[/quote'] he is wicket keeper and plays all forms of cricket, keeps in all forms, imagine doing sit up for 300 times every game. It would take toll on your body someday. He needs to keep one naukar keeper with him to do keeping at times.