Charsi or not, Asif is a fine bowler.....

He's been caught cheating twice though :( Otherwise, he's a damn good seamer.
I do not condone his drug habit and it is clear that he cheated, but taking charas does not make one the kind of bowler he is. It is not like he is express speed. Just good line and length with movement and consistency and most important reads the batsman's mind.
agree' date=' a stupendous talent. i don't think anyone can nip back a ball 3 feet in at 85 mph. it pains me but i [b']can watch that youtube clip of laxman's dismissal all day. how was that even possible?
U can watch all those pak players day in day out.Whats so surprising in it.:hysterical:
and a thinking bowler too. Great line and length with movement. Pretty consistent. For the sake of cricket, I hope does not do drugs and get suspended again. I enjoy watching him bowl. I wish we had one like him.
Yes, he is a fine bowler, but I lost all respect for him. He needs to bowl for a year or two without getting caught for me to even consider him worthy of any praise.

The shadow of drug abuse will hang over Asif, no matter what. That is a legacy he unfortunately has to live with, for the rest of his life. No matter how well he does from here on, his exploits will always be viewed the prism of his drug tainted past. That said, he has shown a lot of character with the way he has come back into the team. At one point, he was probably the most villified player going around, especially after his Dubai bust-up. Even the usual ebullient Pakistanis, who dont lose a second in losing their phaast bowlers no matter how crap they're, had given up him. But seems like the time away has served him well. He did well in NZ and now, in Australia, he has shown his mettle again. Asif's biggest ray of hope is the fact that Public memory generally has the life-span of a few femto seconds. If he keeps performing like this for a few months, the same group of people who bashed him will sing his praises.

He is a very good bowler' date=' so very consistent and always a threat to the batsman. He reminds me a little bit of McGrath.[/quote'] WTH is wrong with you? Mcgrath was not a drug taking cheat like Asif. That is about as unfair a comparison as anyone can make.