India dont deserve to be NO.1 : Sakib

Andy

Producing world's best allrounder aint enough to earn respect?producing wisden's test cricketer of 2009 aint enough to earn a lil bit of respect?good.we dont need this respect.
Ironic that you put forth his Wisden rating when he belittled ICC ratings. Maybe he should play more against Zim, then BD can have less Innings defeat. Its not Sakibs fault BD doesnt play the top 8 more often but his numbers are inflated thanks to playing teams outside top 8 and a WI team that was as good as a domestic team. He obviously deserves respect among his peers, which are not India and Aus. Do you think that Ishant Sharma deserves respect from G Smith for troubling Ponting in 1 series and being abysmal in others?
Where have the guys taking the piss out of the Bengalis gone? I have always felt that even if Bangladesh haven't become a force in test cricket, by giving them this chance they will eventually come good. They have some good players, perhaps only a few and none of them outrageously gifted, but there is enough there to compete with most other sides. If Bangaldesh can produce a world class bowler, that's really what they need more than anything else, then they can start winning. The problem is Bangladesh will struggle to produce genuine good fast bowlers because of their physique, so they need to find that really good spinner. I'm not happy saying this, but this current Bangladesh batting line-up is probably better than ours (Pakistan's).
No it is not dude.

Not in his wildest dream would have sakib thought he is going to get 6 in one session. one good session means nothing, by the end of 3rd days once its clear only India can win the game thats when sakib and co learn why we are no 1 (for winning the test after a bad start) and they are so ordinary for losing the test from a winning position

Get over it guys.... McGrath and Warne used to say that about England every Ashes. Too much noise about nothing. Every Tom, Dick and Harry knows Bangladesh is an ordinary side. Otherwise they would have won several test series' by now. That said no team in international cricket can just turn up and beat the opponent however meek the opponents are. You will still need to play to your ability to win test matches.

You are number one for now but are going to have to improve on that showing otherwise you won't be for long. Aussies are comin to get you : )
Problem is that none of the top 3 teams have much between them. Aussies played low ranked teams in the past few months , SAF choked to beat Eng, so as far as points are concerned I think India is safe for sometime. The problem is that people think the next #1 side should be as good as Aussie of McWarne period or Windies from the 80s. Frankly, I dont see that happening anytime soon.
You are number one for now but are going to have to improve on that showing otherwise you won't be for long. Aussies are comin to get you : )
You can get us. No problem. :winky: . I know it is a poor performance for a no.1 team. I know Australia also had a bit of struggle against BD when they were no.1. I am not going to use that excuse for my team. They were completely off-boil in the last 2 sessions.
Problem is that none of the top 3 teams have much between them. Aussies played low ranked teams in the past few months , SAF choked to beat Eng, so as far as points are concerned I think India is safe for sometime. The problem is that people think the next #1 side should be as good as Aussie of McWarne period or Windies from the 80s. Frankly, I dont see that happening anytime soon.
Yeah, I don't see much between the 3 sides either. And yeah you're definately right about that mate, can't see their being a side as dominant as that one for a long long time.

Yeah exactly. India have probably been the most consistent side for the past 3-4 years winning losing only 2 series since 2007, but they havent dominated world cricket so people are rightfully reluctant to call it a changing of the guard. 2010-2012 will be a big 3 years for India. They play South Africa and Australia away from home and over the 3 years, I almost certain Dravid and Sachin will hang up their boots. It will be an exciting few years ahead no doubt. I cant wait for the India vs South Africa series.

How can Aussies be better than India, they lost their last test series to India 2-0. Absolutely walloped.... it's a bloody hogwash to say Aussies are better. West Indies had them on the mat at home and almost won a test match. Similarly Pakistan looked to win a test match too but lack of victories in Australia in the recent past showed in both the teams. A South African, an Indian or even England would have won test matches against Australia from that position. Even Sri Lanka wins series' at home so how is it that they are not any better than Australia? India does not need to be apologetic for being no.1 They got there beating teams not by charity. They will continue to perform well for the next three years, absolutely no doubt about that. It is Australia that needs to start playing good cricket to climb up the ladder.