Guess who is ordinary now?

Yea..my only gripe is after making such a statement' date=' whenever we get an off day we get ridiculed. Poor Dravid received an Eff off from Shodat Hossain. But i am sure Indian dressing room will be in real angry mood after witnessing the antics of some of the BD players on the ground.[/quote'] Not just dat. The bowler kicked in the air. Not even a Poyz bowler had done agnst anyteam in the past!!

Even Australia won y 3 wickets against Bangaldesh once when they toured Banglastan so?? they got bowled out for 260 odd. Plus we have excuse because the weather was ordinary and the dew provoked us to play some ordinary shots. So much haze. man.. It looked like as if we were playing in a GAO(VILLAGE)

I don't understand how can Sehwag's statement make him sound arrogant, when everyone who follows cricket closely would know that Sehwag likes to speak his mind be it against a player, team or management itself. He does not believe in pleasing the listeners by speaking what they want to hear. Moreover, he didn't say anything that we weren't aware of. Bangladesh are a ordinary side who have won only 2 matches against a "top 8" nations (i.e. 2nd string WI) out of their 50/60 odd games. If that is not an indication of below average, in other words, ordinary..then tell me what is ? About Day 1, Bangladesh outplayed India and we're in spot of bother but there is no way they have done their job in "answering their critics" and the guns are still out there. Test matches are played over 5 days and Sehwag did specify BD can challenge you in ODI (i.e. on a given day) but they find it hard to consistently challenge you over the entire 5 day course. We can assume things or just wait for the test match to unfold. I'll do the latter.

Elated Shakib pats Bangla bowlers Elated Shakib pats Bangla bowlers Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan said maintaining a stifling line and length did the trick for his bowlers on the opening day of the first Test against India. Bangladesh have India on the mat at 213 for eight with Shakib and Shahadat Hossain picking up four wickets apiece on the opening day of the first Test. "Our plan was to bowl a good line and length and the bowlers did their job. Fielders also supported them well though there were a couple of dropped catches," Shakib said after the end of the day's play. "We know that India have a strong batting line-up but they can make mistakes if we bowled tight line and length and that happened. The fast bowlers bowled really well," he added. Shakib said the early moisture on the wicket allowed the spinners to grip the ball well for extracting the turn on offer. "I thought there was something in the wicket for the bowlers, there was some moisture. I was able to grip the ball well and that is why I got the turn," said the left-arm spinner who took four for 52 from 26 overs on Sunday. Shakib was all praise for pacer Shahadat, who was the other tormentor for Indian batsmen with a fine effort of four for 51 from 14 overs. "It is difficult to bowl line and length if you are making a comeback but Shahadat did that. It is good for him as he is the kind of bowler who is charged up when he takes wicket. It is good for the team. I know he can do even better," he said. Shakib said his side would be looking to take the two Indian wickets quickly tomorrow and bat the whole day thereafter. "Sachin Tendulkar is still there but he is with a tailender. We can remove the other batsmen (tailenders) and we want to bat through the second day," he said.

Spirited B'desh bring down cocky India

Chittagong: India's Stand-in captain Virender Sehwag had derided Bangladesh as an 'ordinary' side but it was the visitors who ended up looking ordinary when they crashed to their lowest ever total of 243 against the spirited minnows in the ongoing first Test. India's first innings in opening Test collapsed like a house of cards and 105 of those 243 runs came off Sachin Tendulkar's bat. Sehwag himself contributed with a typically aggressive 52 but barring that none of their famed batsmen could produce any significant contribution on a pitch which was rated as batting-friendly. How ordinary India's batting effort was can be gauged from the fact that the team's previous lowest innings total against Bangladesh was 429 in 2000. Bangladesh skipper and spin spearhead Shakib Al Hasan and pacer Shahadat Hossain shared all the Indian wickets in the ongoing match, picking up five apiece. While Shahadat returned figures of 5 for 71, Shakib was no less impressive with a haul of 5/61 in 29.5 overs.
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/spirited-bdesh-bring-down-cocky-india/46440-37.html Doesn't God's 100 represent as a significant contribution?

I would understand if some Bangladeshi or non-Indian opted to write such stupid articles (as they would consider Sehwag as an arrogant chap), but its astonishing to see Indians labeling him arrogant when they have heard such low-PR statement from Sehwag time and again. He does not believe in making statements that would please "both the parties". And if anything can prove me wrong over the statement he made (that BD are an ordinary side), I'll happily quit watching cricket forever. Why does he have to praise the opponents when they are not worthy of any praise ? I will be happy to get more cricketers like Sehwag who does not become a monotonous record just because he has to maintain his "gentleman" image in the cricketing circle. Indian writers have a field day over this, is very very sad and shows how desperate they are to get the attention.