Serious Question; Did you want Pak player participation in IPL 2010 ?

EnterTheVoid

Serious Question; Did you want Pak player participation in IPL 2010 ?  

1. 1.

• YES
    • NO
    • Couldn't care less about who plays and does not play in IPL

Sri Lanka BTW is the other T20 finalist at the WC, had one player auctioned off for a measly 50k, did we see b@#$%ing from them for this imaginary humiliation, so what is this humiliation for the pakis? If you think too highly about yourself, pop goes the reality check. It was a pure and simple business calculation, if you are going to hire one or two persons (at the max), will you put your buck on the potential slambammer with multiple issues or will you put it on a decent choice given that you have a ton of choices?

Sri Lanka BTW is the other T20 finalist at the WC' date= had one player auctioned off for a measly 50k, did we see b@#$%ing from them for this imaginary humiliation, so what is this humiliation for the pakis? If you think too highly about yourself, pop goes the reality check. It was a pure and simple business calculation, if you are going to hire one or two persons (at the max), will you put your buck on the potential slambammer with multiple issues or will you put it on a decent choice given that you have a ton of choices?
because most of players from playing 11 are already in ipl

NO -- never wanted it. Don't want them -- here -- And the only way India should tour Pakistan or Pakistan should tour India -- is if their accounts are audited by a BCCI appointed auditor (or an independent auditor) -- who will make sure the money is not going to Terrorists !

The reason behind 'no's here are laughable. Pakistan are T20 champs- Umar Gul is the best T20 bowler in the world, Tanvir is pretty handy, Afridi was the Semi and Final MotM. Of course they should be playing
I'm with that as well. Supposed if Australia started such a league and ignored India after they won the T20 WC in 2007?

The reason behind 'no's here are laughable. Pakistan are T20 champs- Umar Gul is the best T20 bowler in the world, Tanvir is pretty handy, Afridi was the Semi and Final MotM. Of course they should be playing
I dont agree best T20 players as that is pure BS. Yes I agree that some of them should have been selected based on cricketing talent. But you have to understand that it is a business decision. I will list a few reasons why selecting a Paki would have been a headache for any franchisee: 1) Biggest reason is public sentiment. If a Paki would have been selected by any team then Indian pubic would have lessened support for that IPL team. So, commercially they would face lesser profits by hiring any Paki. 2) Pakis would have to be given extra security if they were selected by the franchisees. This would have been their first visit as Paki after 26/11 and our sentiments have not yet died down. 3) If there is any problem or attack on a Paki, it would give a bad name to the franchisee and the IPL. 4) Pakis recent form and performance has been miserable to say the least and they have lost almost all matches they played in the last six months. These are a few reasons though there are many others why the franchisees would have kept away from bidding Pakis. Just to add, they are not anywhere great as you are making out to be. They are ok but nothing great.

I'm with that as well. Supposed if Australia started such a league and ignored India after they won the T20 WC in 2007?
We dont have any public sentiment or Aussies do not have any public sentiment towards Aus at least not to the level of Pakis .. secondly there are no security concerns as such for Aus in India or Indians in Australia and so your example does not hold valid.

I vote Yes...Reasoning 1. Pakistanis are very good in T20 2. Overseas, we friends on campus or work can talk about IPL..Without Pakistanis in IPL, its doesnt make any sense talking about IPLwith Pakistani friends 3. IPL can bring two countries together P.S. Whats up with this hate towards Pakistanis..If its coz of those trolls on forums and youtube, please ignore them .In real world, I find most Pakistanis always being nice to us Indians...In my case, I have large number of Pakistani friends and they are genuinly nice and polite to me.. We chill together, work out together, study together... If India wants to be the superpower, it has to make peaceful and friendly relations with its neighbours

I dont agree best T20 players as that is pure BS. Yes I agree that some of them should have been selected based on cricketing talent. But you have to understand that it is a business decision. I will list a few reasons why selecting a Paki would have been a headache for any franchisee: 1) Biggest reason is public sentiment. If a Paki would have been selected by any team then Indian pubic would have lessened support for that IPL team. So, commercially they would face lesser profits by hiring any Paki. 2) Pakis would have to be given extra security if they were selected by the franchisees. This would have been their first visit as Paki after 26/11 and our sentiments have not yet died down. 3) If there is any problem or attack on a Paki, it would give a bad name to the franchisee and the IPL. 4) Pakis recent form and performance has been miserable to say the least and they have lost almost all matches they played in the last six months. These are a few reasons though there are many others why the franchisees would have kept away from bidding Pakis. Just to add, they are not anywhere great as you are making out to be. They are ok but nothing great.
Right so is anti-Pak sentiment so strong? I dont know because im not in India. If that is the case then it might make sense. I dont know what Paks form in T20s has been post WC but they are the champs and their players are good at it. Anyways this thread is whether WE want their participation, regardless of whether they were chosen or not. And your two statements in bold kinda contradict each other I think. Im stating fact in my post up there, not making them out to be much more than what they are.

That is not fully true. And even if it is a case then will you be peaceful and friendly towards a hostile and unfriendly neighbour.. the Pakis wont stop creating terrorists as that is in their vein and so we cannot be peaceful.. Pakis have never wanted to end terrorism and their army and ISI is helping all those terrorists .. if they end terrorism we would be more than friendly .. but I dont see that happening as the common people there support terrorists .. talk to your friends about terrorists and why they dont end terrorism and check their reaction
1. End Terrorism - line of patience has been crossed. Politics and sports are now linked! 2. We don't need Pakistani market and Pakistani cricketers. IPL is a domestic tournament that attracts foreign players. 3. If they have guts - then they should start PPL. Australia has Big Bash, England has Twenty20 Cup and they are successful in their respective countries - not in India. 4. How dare Afretard try to demean IPL

1) Dont care about IPL. 2) *****y move by BCCI. 3) Dont care if Pakistanis made it to IPL or not. But having NO Pakistani players is a sham. Surely there are a few who could have walked in to most teams. So YES, although not sure why I am Yesing considering I wont follow IPL anyway :((
didn't expect any less from you

We dont have any public sentiment or Aussies do not have any public sentiment towards Aus at least not to the level of Pakis .. secondly there are no security concerns as such for Aus in India or Indians in Australia and so your example does not hold valid.
Say what you will. What BCCI and Indian Govern is doing with Pak cricket team isn't fair at all, but everything has an equal and opposite reaction. Yeah they bombed us, go search my post history and you'll see I was one of the people saying Pakistan shouldn't be allowed to play us bilateral for a long time nor should they be allowed in IPL3, but mocking their team like this is not what cricket needs. Instead of denying them entry from the auction house itself they chose to play it very diplomatic and mocked their greatest playing icons, you don't do that. Our government doesn't have the ballsack to bring it to Pakistan on the borders so they chose to play these little games? I was just thinking, by rejecting all them of they just brought their team closer (inb4gayAfridi), every one will feel rejected and ignored now, when stuff like this happens to a team its when people forget their personal differences and only think about winning. If they were smart they should have selected at least one Paki, but by rejecting them all, they gave the Pakistani team what they needed. The motivation to prove themselves. I'll guarantee all my ICF$ here you'll see a 10x more united Pakistan team next time you see them on the "Battlefield".

Say what you will. What BCCI and Indian Govern is doing with Pak cricket team isn't fair at all, but everything has an equal and opposite reaction. Yeah they bombed us, go search my post history and you'll see I was one of the people saying Pakistan shouldn't be allowed to play us bilateral for a long time nor should they be allowed in IPL3, but mocking their team like this is not what cricket needs. Instead of denying them entry from the auction house itself they chose to play it very diplomatic and mocked their greatest playing icons, you don't do that. Our government doesn't have the ballsack to bring it to Pakistan on the borders so they chose to play these little games? I was just thinking, by rejecting all them of they just brought their team closer (inb4gayAfridi), every one will feel rejected and ignored now, when stuff like this happens to a team its when people forget their personal differences and only think about winning. If they were smart they should have selected at least one Paki, but by rejecting them all, they gave the Pakistani team what they needed. The motivation to prove themselves. I'll guarantee all my ICF$ here you'll see a 10x more united Pakistan team next time you see them on the "Battlefield".
Is that supposed to scare me/us/anyone ?