We can win the match: Hasan

Feed

Looks like Indians have been trained by the coach how not to sound arrogant after the Sehwag misfire. Now GG says, "450 is a good score. The pitch has got flatter and we had to give our bowlers sufficient time to bowl them out. We have made a good start by taking two wickets." He then added, "If they [bangladesh] play positively anything is possible. Let's see what happens." Instead of saying - "We will decimate these ordinary B'deshis".

One of the reason these foolishly bravado talks keep popping up from bongs from time to time is because they do not want to lose their test status. If they keep losing eventually that is what will happen. With T20 leagues gradually overlapping with test match schedules nobody will want to have Bangladesh in their itinerary. if they keep losing it will give others a good reason to avoid Bong tours.
I don't think that's an issue. Just because some people talk about it & earn money, doesn't mean that it's legally possible. ICC has never said it neither they have had any such intention and I don't think they have that power as well. The only thing they can do under the pressure of some member countries, is a tier system, but that's practically difficult. You can't put WI in tier two. More over any tire system must have promotion and relegation, which might put even Ind/Aus/Any other initiator into T2 some day... :) So, Captains do things to boost up the players & improve their level of confidence / belief. I'm sure, you don't expect him to say that we will lose but we will try to play well. That may be a realistic expectation/outcome for BD at the moment, but can't be said by the captain. So relax man, he said it for BD team & people, not to Indian fans or team. BD has beaten India a couple of time, why not in test? They must keep the winning attitude. What's the point of being so critical ?:) he has the right to say what he said, it's not something like Shehwag's comment.
Looks like Indians have been trained by the coach how not to sound arrogant after the Sehwag misfire. Now GG says' date=' "450 is a good score. The pitch has got flatter and we had to give our bowlers sufficient time to bowl them out. We have made a good start by taking two wickets." He then added, "If they [bangladesh'] play positively anything is possible. Let's see what happens." Instead of saying - "We will decimate these ordinary B'deshis".
NO! For the millionth time, Sehwag does not believe in speaking what you want to hear. Sehwag speaks his heart and other cricketers ensure they are PC.
So relax man, he said it for BD team & people, not to Indian fans or team. BD has beaten India a couple of time, why not in test? They must keep the winning attitude. What's the point of being so critical ?:) he has the right to say what he said, it's not something like Shehwag's comment.
"Bangladesh are ordinary and cannot take 20 Indian wickets" - Sehwag. Tell me where exactly did Sehwag go wrong and said the unwarranted ? Everyone knows BD are a ordinary test side and there is absolutely nothing to hide; so I ask why does he have to praise the opponents when their record shows that they are a strictly below mediocre side ? And sehwag was right as BD struggled to grab 20 Indian wickets.
"Bangladesh are ordinary and cannot take 20 Indian wickets" - Sehwag. Tell me where exactly did Sehwag go wrong and said the unwarranted ? Everyone knows BD are a ordinary test side and there is absolutely nothing to hide; so I ask why does he have to praise the opponents when their record shows that they are a strictly below mediocre side ? And sehwag was right as BD struggled to grab 20 Indian wickets.
Applying this very same principle, would you defend Ponting if he said the same about Bangladesh ?
Applying this very same principle' date=' would you defend Ponting if he said the same about Bangladesh ?[/quote'] You really have to understand my stance over here. There are very few players in cricketing circle who have continuously opted not to "follow the norm" and sehwag is one of them. If any cricketer had said that apart from Sehwag (at least from our team), I would have been shocked and surprised. With Sehwag, these things come as a package. Only Sehwag could say things like these because he believes in speaking his mind and not to grab the news' flashy headlines. Only he could take on DDCA admins and only he won't put a mask on his face to please the fans (be it opponents' or his own). Another example is, when he was asked about MSD's injury prior to day one. Sehwag said : "He is fine, just taking a break and he is enjoying in the dressing room." Of course he was kidding, but such quotes can be blown out of proportion (Indian media willing :wall:) but BD are ordinary took all the limelight. And what does my previous reply or this thread have to do ANYTHING with Australia or Ponting ?
Applying this very same principle' date=' would you defend Ponting if he said the same about Bangladesh ?[/quote'] There is such a thing called context. Since Veeru and :punter: are on the opposite ends of the spectrum as far as gentleman-ship or sportsmanship goes, you're question or idea is totally useless. And yes, Veeru is the gentleman here in case it's not clear to you.
First innings all out 243 & second 413/8 is that what you call a sign of opponent's mediocre bowling against number one test team? Or you mean to say the other way, poor batting by the number one side !! Either way is ok with me and doesn't look shehwag good. If BD bowling was average, number 01 team should have got these runs with 1/4 th of these wickets. And shehwag even didn't get a century in either innings in a flat batting pitch. Isn't it funny if you (Shehwag) can't prove what u say about the opponents !! :)
First innings all out 243 & second 413/8 is that what you call a sign of opponent's mediocre bowling against number one test team? Or you mean to say the other way' date=' poor batting by the number one side !! Either way is ok with me and doesn't look shehwag good. If BD bowling was average, number 01 team should have got these runs with 1/4 th of these wickets. And shehwag even didn't get a century in either innings in a flat batting pitch. Isn't it funny if you (Shehwag) can't prove what u say about the opponents !! :)[/quote'] Oh lord. Do you not understand test cricket or cricket in general ? Getting bowled out for 243 does not mean jacksh*t in terms of the game unless until you capitalize on that "great bowling" (per you) by batting the opponents out of the match in your very first innings; which BD clearly failed to do it. And don't read too much into 2nd innings scorecard because GG himself is capable of keeping the BD bowlers at the shore by batting on and on... India were in search for quick runs and were BOUND to lose wickets; irrespective of opponents' bowling quality. When did Sehwag say he was going to smash a 100 against the ordinary BD side ? And if the wicket is really flat why didn't none of the BD batsman manage to stay more than 2 hours on the crease (except Mahmudullah and Rahim) ?
First innings all out 243 & second 413/8 is that what you call a sign of opponent's mediocre bowling against number one test team? Or you mean to say the other way' date=' poor batting by the number one side !! Either way is ok with me and doesn't look shehwag good. If BD bowling was average, number 01 team should have got these runs with 1/4 th of these wickets. And shehwag even didn't get a century in either innings in a flat batting pitch. Isn't it funny if you (Shehwag) can't prove what u say about the opponents !! :)[/quote'] You have lost 95% of the tests to top nations. You negate all that because you won a couple of sessions? This is called arrogance :hysterical::hysterical: . Indian team could very well have done this against a domestic team. Start talking when you start winning matches against top teams. This empty pride you guys have is sickening. Not even pakistanis or lankans over-rate their teams this much with some delusional logic.
You really have to understand my stance over here. There are very few players in cricketing circle who have continuously opted not to "follow the norm" and sehwag is one of them. If any cricketer had said that apart from Sehwag (at least from our team), I would have been shocked and surprised. With Sehwag, these things come as a package. Only Sehwag could say things like these because he believes in speaking his mind and not to grab the news' flashy headlines. Only he could take on DDCA admins and only he won't put a mask on his face to please the fans (be it opponents' or his own). And what does my previous reply or this thread have to do ANYTHING with Australia or Ponting ?
? Are you being selectively moral on purpose or do you genuinely fail to see the arrogance of it all ? I don't think much of Bangladesh but such arrogance needs to be curbed.