We can win the match: Hasan

Feed

Bangladesh has never chased down a fourth innings target of more than 215 but skipper Shakib Al Hasan said his side was confident of overhauling the 415 set by India to win the first cricket Test here. More... We can win the match: Hasan Press Trust Of India Chittagong, January 20, 2010 Bangladesh has never chased down a fourth innings target of more than 215 but skipper Shakib Al Hasan said his side was confident of overhauling the 415 set by India to win the first cricket Test here. "We are looking for a win and will play positive cricket. We want to bat the whole day," said Hasan after the fourth day's play which ended with Bangladesh still needing 348 runs with 8 wickets in hand. The highest score Bangladesh has successfully chased down so far is 215 in July 2009 in St George's against the depleted West Indies when they scored 217 for six. They had, however, scored 413 all out in the fourth innings in December 2008 against Sri Lanka at Sher-e-Bangla Cricket Stadium in Dhaka though for a loss cause. The hosts failed to bowl out India in their second innings today and allowed them to score 413 for eight declared but skipper Shakib said overall he was happy with the performance of his bowlers. "The fast bowlers -- Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain and debutant Shafiul Islam -- bowled really well and I am happy with their performance," said the left-arm spinner, who took seven wickets in the match, the most among home side bowlers.

One of the reason these foolishly bravado talks keep popping up from bongs from time to time is because they do not want to lose their test status. If they keep losing eventually that is what will happen. With T20 leagues gradually overlapping with test match schedules nobody will want to have Bangladesh in their itinerary. if they keep losing it will give others a good reason to avoid Bong tours.

Can we please discuss his views with some civility ? We don't have to make fun of oppositions' views every time we read it.
I second that view. It's absolutely unnecessary to poke fun at everyone.
LOL!!.....I know the outcome is highly unlikely and would take nothing less than an absolute miracle but it is always fun to watch positive cricket.
BD batsmen are so positive, that they want to score all the runs by boundaries. Each one of them scores 4-5 boundaries and thinks his work is done. :hysterical: Mishra ji can walk into their team right now as #3 batsman. :phehehe:

In the 98/99 when Zimbabwe toured Pakistan and played a 3 test series, Captain Cambell was asked if his team would find playing Pakistan a learning experience to which he replied something like "We have not come to Pakistan to learn cricket. We came hear to beat Pakistan" The press had a laugh and so did the Pakistani public. Zimbabwe went on to win the test series in Pakistan So technically it is possible though India is no Pakistan

I dont know what the fuss is about. Its the only thing that he can say. He cant exactly say "erm.. I know we're going to be bowled out in half a day, so yeah spare the pain...". And besides they're in with a decent chance with the wicket flat and only 2 of our bowlers showing decent form.