Sehwag: Hail^inf

Mr. Wicket

I dont mind Sehwag's comments. He is straight forward and doesn't mince his words. But I'd have liked him picking on an equal team rather than a struggling team like BD. BD fans are hurt from this statement because they are indeed an ordinary team and struggling to find a feet in international arena.Diploamcy would've been a better option.

I dont mind Sehwag's comments. He is straight forward and doesn't mince his words. But I'd have liked him picking on an equal team rather than a struggling team like BD. BD fans are hurt from this statement because they are indeed an ordinary team and struggling to find a feet in international arena.Diploamcy would've been a better option.
I think thats what everyone is upset about. You shouldn't make fun of those less fortunate than yourself. Everyone thinks he is being an arrogant bully. Apparently speaking the truth can hurt feelings, so don't do it
Thanks a bunch. If he had added 'in limited overs', I would have grudgingly agreed. But not without proviso. No way. I must record my protestations at this remark with Sehwag when he visits Chennai :).
To be fair to him, he said it during IPL 2 when Vettori was bowling quite brilliantly

Ricky ponting had openly contested BD's test status but was backed by everyone because he was just stating the obvious. Veeru on other hand is arrogant ? :dontknow: I don't know how exactly did BD prove sehwag wrong when India managed to fightback despite the no-show in 1st innings. BD actually lost inside 4 days (or less than that) if you take into account the time lost due to fog/bad light.

Ponting queries Bangladesh Test status Ricky Ponting has set the cat among the pigeons ahead of Australia's tour to Bangladesh by calling for Bangladesh to be stripped of its Test status. In an interview with London's Daily Telegraph Ponting said: "What I would not have is the minnow nations in the World Cup and the Champions Trophy, and I would not have Bangladesh and Zimbabwe playing Tests at present."
Waiting for Sree to reply to this now. Now you tell me, who was being more insulting or arrogant towards the opposition :popcorn:
On the contrary. In the modern age of over-complimenting tendencies it was refreshing to see Sehwag be honest. There is a difference between being honest and PC, in this case Sehwag was being honest. Simple as that. Way I see it, there are about 8-10 cricket teams in the world. It is very easy to classify them in 4 groups since it is only a handful of countries. The four groups, in my opinion, would be: a) Excellent - Australia, South Africa, India. b) Very Good - England. c) Decent on their day - Sri Lanka, Pakistan, NZ, West Indies d) Ordinary - everyone else. Lets not argue about why England should be in a) and not b), the larger point is BD falls in d). What is even there to argue about? In the modern era where every child deserves to win philosphy has ruined competitions I personally liked what Sehwag had to say. xxx
Waiting for Sree to reply to this now. Now you tell me' date=' who was being more insulting or arrogant towards the opposition :popcorn:[/quote'] Are you familiar with the saying: "I don't agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it anyway" ? If the defense used for Sehwag is "its his frank nature" and "what he said was correct", than the very same justification can be used to excuse Ponting's remarks, which despite being a fan of him, I think are unnecessary. Maybe you thought I'd be defending him As for the chest beating regarding Sehwag being proved right, oh please, Sehwag, pick on someone your own size.

Bongladeshis were mum on Ponting's remark.." I would not have Bangladesh and Zimbabwe playing Tests" http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/237538.html

Ricky Ponting has set the cat among the pigeons ahead of Australia's tour to Bangladesh by calling for Bangladesh to be stripped of its Test status. In an interview with London's Daily Telegraph Ponting said: "What I would not have is the minnow nations in the World Cup and the Champions Trophy, and I would not have Bangladesh and Zimbabwe playing Tests at present."
But..when Sehwag says something honestly the " tigers " get their knickers in a twist. It's called brown man inferiority complex.
Are you familiar with the saying: "I don't agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it anyway" ? If the defense used for Sehwag is "its his frank nature" and "what he said was correct", than the very same justification can be used to excuse Ponting's remarks, which despite being a fan of him, I think are unnecessary. Maybe you thought I'd be defending him As for the chest beating regarding Sehwag being proved right, oh please, Sehwag, pick on someone your own size.
Uh. I don't care how or what you feel about Ponting or his comments. I posted just to let you know the difference of being frank and arrogant. Sehwag merely stated that BD are a ordinary team whereas Ponting wanted the ICC to snatch away their test status. If this does not help you differentiate arrogance and stating your mind, then nothing can.