Am I the only one that finds this embarrasing?

bharat297

My point is ... Why are we picking on minnows here? ... Whats next? "Zimbabwe are a useless team" "Kenya wont be able to compete against us" "Bermuda cant score 300 against us" "Scotland are no match for us" "Dwayne Leverock is not in the league of Sachin" Oh and to say its not an opinion ... um what??? The question was 'can' they take 20 wickets. To say "no" ... is obviously an opinion. Any team that can take 18 wickets can obviously take 20. To say they are an "ordinary" side is unnecessary. I mean theyve played Test cricket for less than 10 years ... we've played it for nearly 80 years.

If you imagine yourself in the shoes of the opposition' date=' can you understand why they are upset and why they have a very good reason to be upset ?[/quote'] Good for them. They can suck it up or be upset. Nothing untoward was spoken. It was truth. If they never look at the mirror and imagine themselves as superman, it's their mistake.
My point is ... Why are we picking on minnows here? ... Whats next? "Zimbabwe are a useless team" "Kenya wont be able to compete against us" "Bermuda cant score 300 against us" "Scotland are no match for us" "Dwayne Leverock is not in the league of Sachin" Oh and to say its not an opinion ... um what??? The question was 'can' they take 20 wickets. To say "no" ... is obviously an opinion. Any team that can take 18 wickets can obviously take 20. To say they are an "ordinary" side is unnecessary. I mean theyve played Test cricket for less than 10 years ... we've played it for nearly 80 years.
He did not call a press conference to make that statement or he did not put that on his face book update. He was asked a question and he answered. If ever he is asked if Zimabwe or the other teams (none of which are in tests anyways), he will give a similar straight answer.

Its not about upsetting the other team. Its about how it makes us look. I think its not a good look for the Indian team. Im all for all this ruthless aggression and never taking a backward step but do that to teams in your own league ... Don't pick on a minnow and taunt them. Basically, we can say whatever we want to BD. We'll still beat them ... but its such a cheap thing to do.

Lets go play an under 10s team and start sledging them too. Sehwag should call it as he sees it. "These 9 year olds cant beat India". Bangladesh are just finding their feet in Test cricket and we're taking jabs at them. Hell ... it took India 20 years to win its first Test match.

Lets go play an under 10s team and start sledging them too. Sehwag should call it as he sees it. "These 9 year olds cant beat India"
Well, if it's exciting for you. If hope you are no, by some crazy chance are trying to equate the Bangladeshis with 10 year olds. Because if that's what you said, it's far worse criticism than what Sehwag said. They are in international team and if they need to be treated as a bunch of 10 year olds, they need to stop playing cricket and find some toy bats and a tennis ball. So, what next? Compare them to a bunch of retards? Then zombies?
If you imagine yourself in the shoes of the opposition' date=' can you understand why they are upset and why they have a very good reason to be upset ?[/quote'] i cant.if Brazilian soccer team came to friendly wiith Indian team n called it ordinary,would u be upset?i know i wouldn't

BTW I dont remember Ponting crying like a sissy when ZAK said that their bowlers could not take 20 Indian wickets. And at that time he was leading the world's no1 team. I dont see Sehwag even seem to care when Bangladeshis are screaming that India does not deserve to be no1. They seriously need to grow a pair and stop being crybabies.

Here's the difference between this and what goes on between Aus and India. Australia and India are 2 of the top 3 teams in the world and alot of the sledging was going on between at the time the No.1 and No.2 teams in the world. When you have the top side calling the lowest side ordinary ... It looks cheap on the top side. We know theyre not in our league, so we should just go about our business and demolish them and be done with it. I know its a press conference but Tendulkar was asked the same question. Im sure many many other teams have been asked similar questions. Yes I know what Ponting said but like I stated before, if he's our moral compass then I guess that says it all.

Bangladesh are not ordinary. They are worse than ordinary. They know that but thats not why they were upset.
Who cares if they are upset over such a thing? The Indian team hasn't gone there to give them a crash course of confidence building. How can you beat an opposition without making them upset? What next? Lose a couple of matches to make the them happy?

Again ... Its not about making them upset. Its about us ... our team, our image, the way we carry ourselves. I dont want the Indian team to be remembered as a team that picked on minnow countries. Im not even talking about BD's retaliating statements. Theyre irrelevant to the topic. The topic was about Sehwags original statements. What was the need??