A Tribute to the master of subcontinental conditions Zaheer

Ram

Yes, we're talking about the one and only Zaheer Khan. :hatsoff: The guy's guile when it comes to bowling with old ball in Asian conditions is beyond par, not that his ability to pick up wickets with the new ball is any less rated either. But Zak comes into his own when the ball starts doing a bit after overs number 50-55. We never lose an opportunity to shower some of the premier batsmen with some of the most glowing accolades for their role in helping us get to the no.1 spot. But this guy has had an equally important role to play. Zak has added an previously unknown dimension to our attack in Asian conditions. It helped us comprehensively beat Australia in 2008. Hopefully, it should help us put one past the formidable South Africans in 2010.

Zaheer did well, but the job is only half done. With our spinners looking toothless, Zaheer has to show up first thing tomorrow morning and bowl with the reverse swing to try and get the new batsmen out. The good thing is that Zaheer knows exactly how to get the most out of the reverse swing because he routinely changes the shiny side of the ball on delivery. We'll need a bit of luck and Sharma will have to do his part as well, but it's going to make for fascinating cricket for the first 40 minutes in the morning session.

Zaheer is the world's premier reverse swing bowler. I remember Michael Vaughan saying from that 2007 series that we beat Eng in Eng - even Akram's late swing wasn't as deadly, he said. http://www.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/307502.html

Zaheer - and I think he was the man coming up with all the ideas - kept doing the unexpected. It was fascinating to watch and something we can all learn from. That's why the series was hard," Vaughan was quoted as saying by the Observer on Sunday. "We never really knew what was coming next. I can't remember so much swing, not even from Chaminda Vaas or Wasim Akram.

6WynG1u47tI :adore: :adore: :adore: The clip is missing one more wicket on another magnificent delivery. All the highights on the net has been removed by the morons at BCCI. The person at BCCI account on youtube also stopped uploading videos after this series. **** YOU BCCI :finger:

Zakky just 1 short of equalling Srinath. 235 test scalps. Man, these are the sort of spells from our fast bowlers, that give me more joy than our champion batters plundering runs. Hope Zakky's form continues in the series against Saffies. Looking at the FTP schedule, this would ensure we remain No.1 for the whole of 2010.:--D. Atleast.