Selectors too ignorant towards Praveen Kumar?

Cricketics

Why doesn't he get picked in test squads?? I feel this guy is one of the most Unique bowler you will see. He has an action of that of spinner plus he is able to generate consistent pace around 120 which is more then that of a regular spinner. The guy considered as medium pace bowler is actually one of its kind. He had a good run in ranji for which he was picked in ODI squad. Don't know why he is never tryed in Test Matches. He is one of those bowlers who can actually be useful bowler on any pitch with his swing(spin) The guy uses wrist to turn the ball, or sometimes uses the conventional way to swing the delivery. He can be a pretty handy bowler for us in Test Cricket. Moreover, the guy can bowl long spells..

Why doesn't he get picked in test squads?? I feel this guy is one of the most Unique bowler you will see. He has an action of that of spinner plus he is able to generate consistent pace around 120 which is more then that of a regular spinner. The guy considered as medium pace bowler is actually one of its kind. He had a good run in ranji for which he was picked in ODI squad. Don't know why he is never tryed in Test Matches. He is one of those bowlers who can actually be useful bowler on any pitch with his swing(spin) The guy uses wrist to turn the ball, or sometimes uses the conventional way to swing the delivery. He can be a pretty handy bowler for us in Test Cricket. Moreover, the guy can bowl long spells..
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Ajit Agarkar pi$ all over Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram as a match winner in Australia in tests.
And whats your point? You want Ajit Agarkar in the team then? Ever since Ishant played alongside Ajit Agarkar in IPL. He has started to become a new agarkar. And i dont even remember how many games we have lost because of Agarkar.

Praveen Kumar for Test matches? I am afraid that is not happening. Not unless we are playing in a green pasture like pitch in New Zealand. Yes he does move the ball both ways and is intelligent in his use of the slower delivery. But really he is far too slow to put consistent pressure on the batsmen at Test level. Also he is a huge liability when the ball gets old. That will not cut it at Test level. You dont want a new ball bowler to whom your wicket keeper can stand up front to in a Test match! ________ Medical marijuana seeds

Guest DeveGowda
Praveen Kumar for Test matches? I am afraid that is not happening. Not unless we are playing in a green pasture like pitch in New Zealand. Yes he does move the ball both ways and is intelligent in his use of the slower delivery. But really he is far too slow to put consistent pressure on the batsmen at Test level. Also he is a huge liability when the ball gets old. That will not cut it at Test level. You dont want a new ball bowler to whom your wicket keeper can stand up front to in a Test match!
Ditto here ..he needs conditions which suits his bowling style...Even Vinay kumar is similer to Pk... 7 wkts already in duleep (5+2) and 48 runs ..not bad
Guest DeveGowda
Vinay Kumar though is a different kind of bowler. He is a hit the pitch kind of seamer. Not really a swing bowler. With a bustling action he is much pacier than Praveen Kumar. However he is not cut out for the highest level - is my opinion.
That will be known only when he got chance...atleast he should ahve got a chance against bangla..then what is the use of performing in ranaji....
He moves the ball both ways. He has run through top order in a jiffy several times. If he develops his ability to use old ball he will more favorable response from selectors. He averages 23 in first class picking up 160 wickets in 36 matches.
This was the problem, amazing with the new ball, useless with the old.
He has been doing well in domestic with both old and new balls. He can move the ball both ways. He should have been given a chance long ago. Going by any of your logic, Asif would have never made it to the Pak test team
I think I have responded in another thread about Asif. Asif is quite a few yards faster than Praveen. Plus he is not a complete baby with the older ball. Doing well in domestic cricket is quite another thing, in my opinion. At even the ODI level, he is less than adequate with the older balls. ________ Amyleen_Moore live