Who is Better fast bowlers or Spin Bowlers ?

Guest DeveGowda

Guest DeveGowda

Guys i have a small doubt whether Fast bowlers are good or Spi bowlers are Good ? Fast bowlers need to take a long Run-Up and exert maximum pressure to their body.. Spin bowlers take very short run-up and doesnt need to put too much pressure on their bodies... Fast bowlers bowl only in Short spells , while Spinners can bowl Long spells... So who is really better between these two ? * I am not talking about Talent here..Consider A Fast bowler and A Spin Bowler with same talent as each other.

So who is really better between these two ?
I beleive it was Frank Tyson who once asked if the four pronged West Indies pace bowler attack was better, or the Indian spin quartret, had famously replied - Who needs to pick locks when you can crash down the door? Fast bowling is better of course.

Both are equally good in their own respective parameters.If you consider a green wicket with live grass, definitely Fast bowlers are better.But if you see a rank turner or a dry and dusty pitch, spin bowlers are going to be crucial in the armery.So it depends on where are you playing, to consider which option is better, spinners or fast bowlers. P.S : Guys like Balaji, Munaf etc. doesnt qualify under those categories as they neither can generate pace nor can spin the ball

I beleive it was Frank Tyson who once asked if the four pronged West Indies pace bowler attack was better' date=' or the Indian spin quartret, had famously replied - [b']Who needs to pick locks when you can crash down the door? Fast bowling is better of course.
Never heard that one before. TFS. Will use it from now on. :D