Chennai Super Kings

spectre

Guest DeveGowda
Before IPL start , this thread was block buster...Now I had to retrieve this from 4th page :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
u r post is first in ten days

I am extremely confident about CSK's chances this time. the batting is too good.thats important. last year we goofed up in the 2nd 10 overs many times and lost the plot. we should bowl first and chase down all scores........ we can! (dinakkar, i too have the CSK Vs BRC problem, not with wife but with close friends; living in bangalore, supporting CSK is almost like supporting Pakistan against India for Bangaloreans!!!)
:hysterical::hysterical:

I think we have the best composition as far as batting & all rounders are concerned...:) Praying that Ntini shud get a nod this time & make comeback to end his recent worry run! Coming to our composition i feel we have so freedom to switch around! 1.Hayden/Bailey 2.Badri/Patel 3.Raina 4.MSD 5.Hussey/Kemp 6.Albie/Perera/Oram 7.Ganapathy 8.Ashwin 10.Tyagi 11.Ntini/Murali (this slot is Slightly open) Availability of Hussey will be a great boost to the team! also this explosive line up will just dominate in subcontinent pitches & hopefully we will better our record this time in terms of high scores ‘MR. Cricket explodes to make fastest Century in IPL History’ The main concern is the bowling if our pacers Tyagi, Perera, Ganapathy, Ntini, Albie do the job for us, then its a great support for us Also if Captain Charisma come backs to his hitting ways, i bet you, we cant imagine the score after 20 overs, with such an explosive line up... Thala (Head) Haydos, ;'Mr. Dependable' Raina; 'Mr. Cricket' M Hussey, 'Mr.Cool' MSD; 'Baby Demon' Albie; 'Explosive' Perera... We are the best! ;) isnt't?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Haven't seen this aadhav dude in ages....:haha::haha::haha::haha:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Haven't seen this aadhav dude in ages....:haha::haha::haha::haha:
Khush aise ho raha hai jaise teri Kings XI Poon Jaab table mein top pe hai. :hysterical: Royals >> Kings :finger:

oye tau vo aadav was all over the board with his CSK promotions' date=' the ****er runs a CSK fan website...and was promoting it here..:hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] :hysterical: lagta hai business change kar liya salle ne ab nahi aayega woh wapas bhool jao

Reading some of the claims in the early posts i think they like to live in super ideal world. In an ideal world Punjab should reach final every time. Chargers should decimate every opposition. But it is not ideal world. CSK rely heavily on Haydos, Raina and Dhoni. Rest of them are very inconsistent. Bowling is pathetic. Only Haydos is capable of winning the match singlehandedly.

Reading some of the claims in the early posts i think they like to live in super ideal world. In an ideal world Punjab should reach final every time. Chargers should decimate every opposition. But it is not ideal world. CSK rely heavily on Haydos' date=' Raina and Dhoni. Rest of them are very inconsistent. Bowling is pathetic. Only Haydos is capable of winning the match singlehandedly.[/quote'] Its not the people in the team but the team selection and strategy that hurt us. Biggest mistake is picking bits and pieces players who can neither bat or bowl their full quota. The lack of urgency in this season was pathetic. CSK has a strong batting line up but they took the whole "get in first" motto a bit too seriously. Everyone who comes in take 10~15 balls to settle in 1st. WTF is up with that? All you got is 20 overs and if each batsman take 2 overs to get in, we wont even be able to chase 120. This led to better hitter like Dhoni or morkel being in the sideline for majority of the game. What was jogi or papu patel doing anyway? If thusara is a better batsman than jogi, who bowls only 2 overs, then what is the use of him?To shine Dhoni's knob? Its sad but i predicted this beginning of the tournament. I also wanted Nitini to be part of the bowling line up with Badri coming in late and someone like Raina or Arun karthik opening. But CSK is just pushing the same strategy even when on a losing streak. I am going to cheer goddys own Mumbai Indians from now and hope that Dhoni grows a brain for the T20 WC.

The lack of urgency in this season was pathetic. CSK has a strong batting line up but they took the whole "get in first" motto a bit too seriously. Everyone who comes in take 10~15 balls to settle in 1st. WTF is up with that? All you got is 20 overs and if each batsman take 2 overs to get in, we wont even be able to chase 120. This led to better hitter like Dhoni or morkel being in the sideline for majority of the game. ?
Because that is the kind of lineup CSK has. Only Hayden and to some extent Raina fit the bill of going after bowling from the word go. Even Dhoni takes time. Albie comes off once every 4 matches which is not really good. parthiv, Vijay, badri, Arun Karthik all these guys cannot explode and launch a brutal assault on the opposition. Only 4 big hitters they got. Haydos, Raina, Dhoni and Albie. Every one of them is inconsistent this season.

Because that is the kind of lineup CSK has. Only Hayden and to some extent Raina fit the bill of going after bowling from the word go. Even Dhoni takes time. Albie comes off once every 4 matches which is not really good. parthiv' date=' Vijay, badri, Arun Karthik all these guys cannot explode and launch a brutal assault on the opposition. Only 4 big hitters they got. Haydos, Raina, Dhoni and Albie. Every one of them is inconsistent this season.[/quote'] Its pretty much the same for all other teams but they send in someone like Ojha or pandey, local guys who can hit in the powerplay so as not to put too much pressure on their partner. In CSK, we have the likes of papu patel or murali vijay trying to play a test match innings. The other teams also have people trying to get the scoreboard moving from the 12th over or so. But CSK likes to go after the bowling late, mostly after the RR has gone over 12, to even try. Horrible strategy throughout the last 2 years.

Poor Badri He gives everything when he lofts the ball. But ball hardly travels. Yusuf Pathan hardly middles. Ball just keeps going. Guys like Badrinath can hit sixes when the ball has some pace. If the ball has no pace he really struggles to clear the fence. Very weak shots.

Poor Badri He gives everything when he lofts the ball. But ball hardly travels. Yusuf Pathan hardly middles. Ball just keeps going. Guys like Badrinath can hit sixes when the ball has some pace. If the ball has no pace he really struggles to clear the fence. Very weak shots.
True... But having said that, Badri is a superb technically correct batsman.. I think he doesn't fit T20 to the T :cantstop:

I know there was a lot of talk about Badri not being fit to face quality bowling. I disagreed then. It would be interesting to see if any opinions have changed. Yes, as vvslaxman says he is not exactly the most powerful hitter of the cricket ball. But certainly he can hit sixes and score faster than a run a ball. But he has to sort out his running with his captain though:). But considering that such clashes have happened only with Dhoni, maybe there is something that they are both doing wrong. As always Sony MAX had better things to do than to show that second run again in slow motion.

CSK is performing well below their capabilities.They are a decent side,but not showing it through their performances.They are out of the race to semis for me, cant see them winning, Haydos must concentrate on the genuine bat rather than the ever hyped "Mongoose">He needs to blast with the normal one before switching it to the Mongoose.MSD must come up the order, may be at no.4 given that Badri is a liability when it comes to getting 9 an over, or scoring quickly.Albie must come ahead of Badri, and if possible Badri should be out of the team.Their bowling attack has too many bowlers who can go for runs, for now Jakatri and Murali are Bowling well in tandom.I would like to see Perera in the line up, even though he had one bad game, i still feel he is a better player than Thushara.Kemps injury has had a serious impact on CSK's balance.Badani is a good striker of the ball, and is very good part timer, a handy bowler, dont know why they are not picking him. My XI for CSK would be Hayden Vijay Raina Dhoni Albie Badani Badri Perera Jakati Murali Balaji

Too many liability players for CSK. And Dhoni's captaincy has been lame too. Picking Jogi, not using Morkel as a power hitter etc. The worst was to pick Jogi ahead of Tyagi after Tyagi had figures of 4-0-18-1 in his last match. The less said about their local players the better. Vijay has played well once in 6 chances, Ashwin, Balaji bowled well in first 2 games lost the plot thereafter, Hayden and Raina have been inconsistent, Badri just doesnt seem inclined to go after the bowling, Dhoni doesnt look interested in playing IPL.

Guest DeveGowda
What is jogi doing that tyagi is not? jogi is dhoni's fav bowler.. y is tyagi being ignored and jogi put forward again n again.? is jogi doing something extra in the nets?
yeah..he packs the nets and Carry them :giggle: