What is wrong with Cricinfo???

achilles

Why are they using the same quotes again and again? This is the one they've put up yesterday-

What is a doosra? The other man in a woman's life is a doosra. The other woman in a man's life is doosri. So basically, doosra is unethical, immoral and illegal. Bishan Singh Bedi puts a different spin on the doosra
And I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw a similar quote from the same man a few months back. Lack of creativity, CI? :hatsoff:

Bedi has been close-minded on the issue of doosra. He believes an off-spinner bowling the other one is a chucker by default as it is impossible to bowl it with a legitimate action. The fact though is different, you can bowl a doosra with a legitimate action if you are an off-spinner by bowling from around the wickets. The natural angle of the delivery with sufficient top-spin will make the ball turn away from the right-hander. If you have been observing Murali lately, he bowls the doosra only from around the wickets.

The worst I have seen on Cricinfo was "NZ gun down Bangladesh" What the heck is that headline? Are terrorists starting to write on Cricinfo these days? Who in his sane mind would use words such as "gun down" in the headlines?
Exactly. I was put off by the headline as I thought something of that magnitude had really happened in NZ. Truly Very Poor choice of words.
The worst I have seen on Cricinfo was "NZ gun down Bangladesh" What the heck is that headline? Are terrorists starting to write on Cricinfo these days? Who in his sane mind would use words such as "gun down" in the headlines?
Exactly. I was put off by the headline as I thought something of that magnitude had really happened in NZ. Truly Very Poor choice of words.
Kamran Abbasi with his "warriors" and "troops" war cries is afflicting the place :
I say ended, but the gloom set in as soon as Mohammad Yousuf put two fingers up to the warrior tradition of Pakistan cricket by setting a field for 800 for 8 instead of 80 for 8. The answer is nowhere. It is every man for himself with the vultures circling for a kill. But the biggest loss that Pakistan has suffered is the loss of leaders on the pitch and in the dressing room. Umar, Mohammad Aamer, and Mohammad Asif deserve other warriors among them, and the top of my priority list would be recalls for Younis and Shahid Afridi. And if Younis is unwilling, for Yousuf is incapable, then the drum beats for Afridi's captaincy must be growing louder. Would you prefer a coward's death or a warrior's?
A freelance writer based in Auckland. It does raise question about Cricinfo's editorial standards though. I guess Kamran Abbasi's posts also don't go through any editorial reviews. Cricinfo will probably respond saying these views do not reflect Cricinfo's views but are those of the authors.

Bad headline, but I wouldnt blame 'em. After all, there are only so many headlines one can come up with. They probably didnt want to sound stale and repetitive. P.S; Their page 2 feature is a fantastic addition, they should promote it more vigorously.

Bad headline' date=' but I wouldnt blame 'em. [b']After all, there are only so many headlines one can come up with. They probably didnt want to sound stale and repetitive. P.S; Their page 2 feature is a fantastic addition, they should promote it more vigorously.
After all there are only so many people who can have the remoteset interest in a NZ-BD T20 match.