Well Done Australia

king2be98

I just watched our boys lose yet another game, thankfully it wasn't a complete trouncing in this particular game. But I have to say well done to Australia for several things. 1. They didn't make bold predictions at anytime through the tour, they gave Pakistan respect when they didn't deserve it for example saying Pakistan is a talented outfit. Pakistan kept saying all tour the Aussies were very beatable and Intikhab particularly wreaked of arrogance. 2. The fought like a team, even when individuals were not performing, the others covered up for them (Siddle and North had a bad summer). 3. Australians fight and play with great determination, probably more than any other side right now, they may not have the gifted individuals of old, but they still have the same spirit. Take Siddle and Hussey's incredible resilience during the 2nd Test. 4. The wickets Australia have been serving up are very good, the Tests produced 3 results, it doesn't matter how poor Pakistan's batting is, at least there were results. The ODIs weren't the featherbeds which we see day in day out in Pakistan and India, the ODIs were a contest between bat and ball. My favourite surface was the one today, so quick, just so damn quick. If you're good enough you can score on such surfaces and Akmal and Hussey showed it was good for stroke play. 5. For being good sportsmen this tour, there have been very few instances of on field clashes, usually it's very unpleasant in Australia, but this time around they left their aggression to their batting and bowling. Last but not least, I must pay credit to the Australian commentators, apart from the idiot Mark Nicholas, all of them were very fair and unbiased in their commentary and even without a Pakistani with them they constantly focused on what Pakistan should do in the situation. So as much as I and my compatriots will want to blast Pakistan for their abysmal tour, probably their worst tour to any country ever, you must first give praise to the hosts and winners who did a sterling job. Just hope West Indies can put up a much better show than we did.

I just watched our boys lose yet another game, thankfully it wasn't a complete trouncing in this particular game. But I have to say well done to Australia for several things. 1. They didn't make bold predictions at anytime through the tour, they gave Pakistan respect when they didn't deserve it for example saying Pakistan is a talented outfit. Pakistan kept saying all tour the Aussies were very beatable and Intikhab particularly wreaked of arrogance. 2. The fought like a team, even when individuals were not performing, the others covered up for them (Siddle and North had a bad summer). 3. Australians fight and play with great determination, probably more than any other side right now, they may not have the gifted individuals of old, but they still have the same spirit. Take Siddle and Hussey's incredible resilience during the 2nd Test. 4. The wickets Australia have been serving up are very good, the Tests produced 3 results, it doesn't matter how poor Pakistan's batting is, at least there were results. The ODIs weren't the featherbeds which we see day in day out in Pakistan and India, the ODIs were a contest between bat and ball. My favourite surface was the one today, so quick, just so damn quick. If you're good enough you can score on such surfaces and Akmal and Hussey showed it was good for stroke play. 5. For being good sportsmen this tour, there have been very few instances of on field clashes, usually it's very unpleasant in Australia, but this time around they left their aggression to their batting and bowling. Last but not least, I must pay credit to the Australian commentators, apart from the idiot Mark Nicholas, all of them were very fair and unbiased in their commentary and even without a Pakistani with them they constantly focused on what Pakistan should do in the situation. So as much as I and my compatriots will want to blast Pakistan for their abysmal tour, historically the worst tour to any country ever, you must first give praise to the hosts and winners who did a sterling job. Just hope West Indies can put up a much better show than we did.
FIXED.
Good post' date=' Pakistan made a fight of it on a few occasions but failed when it really mattered. Too often they let Aus off the hook after having them in a vulnerable position.[/quote'] Yeah, Pakistan is a bad cricket team but they are made to look even worse by their tendency to choke even on the few occasions that they get into strong positions. The future looks very bleak indeed for Pakistani cricket But yes, hats off to Australia for never giving up. I respect them for that even if I am not a fan of theirs.
I just watched our boys lose yet another game, thankfully it wasn't a complete trouncing in this particular game. But I have to say well done to Australia for several things. 1. They didn't make bold predictions at anytime through the tour, they gave Pakistan respect when they didn't deserve it for example saying Pakistan is a talented outfit. Pakistan kept saying all tour the Aussies were very beatable and Intikhab particularly wreaked of arrogance. 2. The fought like a team, even when individuals were not performing, the others covered up for them (Siddle and North had a bad summer). 3. Australians fight and play with great determination, probably more than any other side right now, they may not have the gifted individuals of old, but they still have the same spirit. Take Siddle and Hussey's incredible resilience during the 2nd Test. 4. The wickets Australia have been serving up are very good, the Tests produced 3 results, it doesn't matter how poor Pakistan's batting is, at least there were results. The ODIs weren't the featherbeds which we see day in day out in Pakistan and India, the ODIs were a contest between bat and ball. My favourite surface was the one today, so quick, just so damn quick. If you're good enough you can score on such surfaces and Akmal and Hussey showed it was good for stroke play. 5. For being good sportsmen this tour, there have been very few instances of on field clashes, usually it's very unpleasant in Australia, but this time around they left their aggression to their batting and bowling. Last but not least, I must pay credit to the Australian commentators, apart from the idiot Mark Nicholas, all of them were very fair and unbiased in their commentary and even without a Pakistani with them they constantly focused on what Pakistan should do in the situation. So as much as I and my compatriots will want to blast Pakistan for their abysmal tour, probably their worst tour to any country ever, you must first give praise to the hosts and winners who did a sterling job. Just hope West Indies can put up a much better show than we did.
Excellent post that. I don't agree with the commentary part though. There were instances in the second test when Healy was virtually praying for a wicket alongside Slater.
Excellent post that. I don't agree with the commentary part though. There were instances in the second test when Healy was virtually praying for a wicket alongside Slater.
True but other times they went out of their way to praise the Pakistani batsmen for example, who deserved nothing like those compliments. Usually the Aussie commentary is a lot more biased than that.

Pakistan won one game against Australia out of 9 on their 1999 tour. They won one against game Australia out of 8 on their 2004 tour. This time around they were expected to win a few given how weak the current Australian squad is compared to the team of 1999 and 2004 but this time they 'bettered' their abysmal performances of 1999 and 2004. Contrast how India and Pakistan have performed against the best team in the last 20 years. One has been mercilessly humped home, away and in Dawoodland and the other has matched Australia blow for blow conjuring miracles out of nowhere leaving the Aussies stunned.

We won 0 games out of 7 against Australia on the horror 1999/2000 tour. And in 1991/92 we won 1 game (Perth ODI) out of 12 against them (incl. the loss in the World Cup) :(( But in the last ten years we've mostly been competitive against them.

Pakistan won one game against Australia out of 9 on their 1999 tour. They won one against game Australia out of 8 on their 2004 tour. This time around they were expected to win a few given how weak the current Australian squad is compared to the team of 1999 and 2004 but this time they 'bettered' their abysmal performances of 1999 and 2004. Contrast how India and Pakistan have performed against the best team in the last 20 years. One has been mercilessly humped home, away and in Dawoodland and the other has matched Australia blow for blow conjuring miracles out of nowhere leaving the Aussies stunned.
There is no comparison between Indian and Pakistan. Pakistan has been the worst team recently. Even Bangladesh has a test series win to show, but Pakistan only has collapse after collapse.
5. For being good sportsmen this tour, there have been very few instances of on field clashes, usually it's very unpleasant in Australia, but this time around they left their aggression to their batting and bowling.
They do that only if they losing and the going gets tough. If the opposition is hell-bent on losing by itself, why do you have to resort to unnecessary means to get your win.