Squad for 2nd test vs SA : Suresh Raina gets maiden Test call-up

Karan114

Cricinfo staff February 9, 2010 India have three changes to the squad that lost the first Test against South Africa in Nagpur by an innings and six runs. They dropped fast bowlers Sudeep Tyagi and Abhimanyu Mithun along with reserve wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha and called up Dinesh Karthik, Suresh Raina and Sreesanth for the next match in Kolkata. Squad: MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Murali Vijay, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, S Badrinath, Harbhajan Singh, Amit Mishra, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, Dinesh Kartik, Suresh Raina More to follow http://www.cricinfo.com/indvrsa2010/content/current/story/447613.html

so Mithun n Tyagi were just there to learn from SA pacers? n Raina?somebody tell Cheeka that SA's main bowler is Steyn,not Harris bad squad,but still better than that of first n how is Karthik back suddenly?i thought he was dropped for his keeping,not batting.hes improved keeping in one test?i would like to have CM Gautam as reserve keeper,decent bat n from what i have seen,a good keeper,he took an awesome catch to dismiss Khadiwale in Duleep Trophy final

so Mithun n Tyai were just there to learn from SA pacers? n Raina?somebody tell Cheeka that SA's main bowler is Steyn,not Harris bad squad,but still better than that of first
So who would you pick? It is useless to comment on others if you urself do not have any solution

Satyanaash. Raina is one of the worst batsman I've seen when playing the short ball. I agree with Lord. Someone needs to tell Cheeka that SA's main bowler is Steyn,not Harris :hysterical: And dropping Saha on the back of just one game was real bad selection. Why should him the carrot when you just want to use him as a bait? Ridiculous. And Mithun.... India's "fastest" bowler, has been dropped too. *A functioning brain for Cheeka, please* On the flipside, Sree is back :adore:

Guest DeveGowda
Satyanaash. Raina is one of the worst batsman I've seen when playing the short ball. I agree with Lord. Someone needs to tell Cheeka that SA's main bowler is Steyn,not Harris :hysterical: And dropping Saha on the back of just one game was real bad selection. Why should him the carrot when you just want to use him as a bait? Ridiculous. And Mithun.... India's "fastest" bowler, has been dropped too. *A functioning brain for Cheeka, please* On the flipside, Sree is back :adore:
Thats expected...but they shouldnt have icluded him firts place if they want to drop him after 1 test..Same goes with tyagi...he is even in bangal tour...Pathetic decisions :hmmm: Also raina wont play next match they will go with same batting ..may replace Saha with KD or Sree
So who would you pick? It is useless to comment on others if you urself do not have any solution
i have a solution.Virat Kohli. or even Abhishek Nayar who is a decent bat(better FC average than Raina)n can also bowl military medium like Ganguly used to do
No word on Laxman's and Rohit's fitness yet. I guess we should assume that the selectors expect them to be fit for the second test. In that case' date=' Raina is in only as a reserve batsman.[/quote'] Laxman is in the squad,so he might play.Rohit is out
Thats expected...but they shouldnt have icluded him firts place if they want to drop him after 1 test..Same goes with tyagi...he is even in bangal tour...Pathetic decisions :hmmm: Also raina wont play next match they will go with same batting ..may replace Saha with KD or Sree
Yes. Shocking decisions by the selectors. And I hope they don't give Raina his cap in the next match. The guy is a nut when facing the short deliveries and I say this with all respect to his batting. Tyagi hasn't got a Test yet and Mithun hasn't too. They just seem to be glorified 12th men for India and cleaners for the umpires (Tyagi was seen mopping Ian Gould's face yesterday). And to give credit to KKD, he batted out of his skin in both the innings in the recent Duleep Trophy match. So he deserves to be ahead of the boys in terms of getting a spot
Lacks the extra seasoning and experience that raina has. too immature. you are dreaming.
but has better technique n temperament than Raina.
less or insignifcant international experience.not as talented.
again,technically solid,with good temperament,prepared to grind it out wen needed,can also go for big hits.plus a handy seam option to have
Yes. Shocking decisions by the selectors. And I hope they don't give Raina his cap in the next match. The guy is a nut when facing the short deliveries and I say this with all respect to his batting. Tyagi hasn't got a Test yet and Mithun hasn't too. They just seem to be glorified 12th men for India and cleaners for the umpires (Tyagi was seen mopping Ian Gould's face yesterday). And to give credit to KKD, he batted out of his skin in both the innings in the recent Duleep Trophy match. So he deserves to be ahead of the boys in terms of getting a spot
Raina's selection is the only contentious decision. Sreesanth, once fit, was expected to regain his place in the squad and Karthik should not have been dropped so it was no-brainer that he got his place back in the squad as well. Also, the selectors realized their mistake of selecting one less batsman last time.
Raina's selection is the only contentious decision. Sreesanth' date=' once fit, was expected to be regain his place in the squad and Karthik should not have been dropped so it was no-brainer that he got his place back in the squad as well. Also, the selectors realized their mistake of selecting one less batsman last time.[/quote'] Well summed up.