Which top 7 is better?

Which top 7 is better?  

1. 1.

I think I will take the Aussie line-up. I am still unsure over a couple of batsmen in the Indian seven, as it were. Gautam is effectively in his 3rd international season as a test match batsmen. While it has been 3 outstanding seasons, I reckon we still havent seen enough of him (time-wise) to start bracketing him amongst the greats. Not that I think or wish this would happen, but he could yet easily lose form/confidence which could send his test career in the downward spiral. Two years from now, we could easily talk of Gautam as 'Wasted Talent..' Ganguly is a fine player, but has significant short-comings in his technique, especially in away conditions and quite frankly, it shows in his record. He resurrection of his test career was stuff of legends, but quite frankly, I'd be surprised if even he himself expected it to happen. After his glorious start to test career, his average was generally on the downward spiral, right until his last 2 international seasons (2007/08). And, there was moments in his test career when he looked absolutely incapable of even putting bat to ball, struggling to get the ball off the square even against visiting Zimbabwean sides.

In an one on one comparison' date=' only Gilchrist and maybe Ponting are better.[/quote'] Off topic, but the order in which the line ups are written were not the players' preferred batting positions. S Waugh used to bat at 5 for the most part and I would definitely pick him over Laxman or Ganguly, as big a Laxman fan that I am. Martyn and Ganguly is not a straightforward choice either. That's the reason I mentioned earlier that unless the aim is to boil the thread down to head to head comparisons, it's pretty pointless because the mentioned players hardly ever played together as a batting unit.
Off topic, but the order in which the line ups are written were not the players' preferred batting positions. S Waugh used to bat at 5 for the most part and I would definitely pick him over Laxman or Ganguly, as big a Laxman fan that I am. Martyn and Ganguly is not a straightforward choice either. That's the reason I mentioned earlier that unless the aim is to boil the thread down to head to head comparisons, it's pretty pointless because the mentioned players hardly ever played together as a batting unit.
:two_thumbs_up:
In Australia: Aussies would fare better. In Indian piches : Most definitely Indian batsmen would fare far better..., just look at Gilchrist,Ponting,Langer and Waugh junior stats in india..
But in the 2 matches where Gilly clicked Australia won. It is not just about India vs Australia.. it is about how this line up would do well in all the countries.

The second one... at first looking at the poll I thought it must be a joke thread mentioning present Aus top 7 and India top 7 which is no comparision .. but it is the Waugh Era and that was also great but the present India lineup is a lot better .. the only weakling is UV and you hae replaced him with Dada too so that is perfect and perhaps one of the best ever lineups in the history of test cricket