Sehwag: Difference in Test v/s ODI Ave

devla

in ODIs, Sehwag since 1 Jan 2008 Games 41 Runs 1805 Avg 46 SR 129 Take that avg with that kind of SR and he has been awesome of late in ODIs too
For the same period, his test ave. is 61. So, apples to apples, it's still a big difference. Again, I'm not arguing his value to the team, just something to think about.
For the same period, his test ave. is 61. So, apples to apples, it's still a big difference. Again, I'm not arguing his value to the team, just something to think about.
You can't compare 61 in tests to 46 in ODIs. If you think he should be averaging close to 61 in ODIs too then I don't know what to say. An avg of 46 @ a SR of 129 is as good a performance as one can get in ODIs

Sehwag was a mediocre ODI player during the period 2004-2007. He used to make typical 20-30 runs with customary 3-4 fours. Mr.Vengalappa, chairman of selectors then, used his poor ODI form as an excuse to keep him away from test matches (What a farce!!). Since that kiptly cup in Bangladesh, he started putting consistent good ODI scores with even better strike rate and never looked back. He's now as dangerous player in the shorter format as he is in test matches. :hatsoff::hatsoff:

Of course your average in tests is going to be higher then your average in one dayers. Being the agressive type of player he is, he is going to go after most deliveries as well and because he is the opener he will have almost no chance of getting a not out. I don't see much of a big difference between the two to be fair and just on that strike rate that really is something special, I didn't know it was that high.