M.F. Hussain accepts Qatar citizenship

Texy

It is uttlerly dishonest on your part to totally ignore any violence done by Hindus during partition and totally lay the blame on Muslims for the entire violence. As I said many times any violence done by Muslims will be used as proof of their ideology by you and any violence done by Hindus will be rightful retaliation, never mind that two sets of innocent victims were at the receiving end. Your outlook of history is completely one dimensional and evident of cognitive bias which adjusts facts retrospectively to fit its own interpretation of reality. In contrast my stand is that no guilty man can be let off and no innocent man can be condemned irrespective what others belonging to his/her group have done. I can apply my logic to any situation irrespective of who the perpetrator of violence was and who the victim was. Whereas Your logic when applied to situations where the perpetrators were Hindus will sound completely absurd to you and you will seek to readjust history to blame someone else for it.
As a Muslim of Bangladeshi origins, I must applaud you in your defense of justice and truth - Quranic priniciples as highlighted in several Medina chapters, and found in ALL other religions. You (and a few others here) are a bigger man than me, and I gladly and humbly admit it. As a Muslim I do believe that Partition was for the best, as that means that Bangladesh is today an independent country, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. However Partition was approached in the totally wrong way in which people were incited to hatred, riots, and outright murder. I do not know if Muslims killed more Hindus or if Hindus killed more Muslims, but I do know that innocent lives lost are innocent lives lost regardless of religion. The tears shed are no less or more, the pain suffered is no less or more. My personal feeling is that Muslims were more to "blame" than Hindus for violence, and for that I would like to personally apologize to all affected although, I had nothing to do with any of it. My hope is only that such a sentiment is accepted and that common sense, sanity, and most importantly the offspring of those two noble truths, Justice and Peace, is attained by and for all.

I do not know if Muslims killed more Hindus or if Hindus killed more Muslims, but I do know that innocent lives lost are innocent lives lost regardless of religion. The tears shed are no less or more, the pain suffered is no less or more. My personal feeling is that Muslims were more to "blame" than Hindus for violence, and for that I would like to personally apologize to all affected although, I had nothing to do with any of it. My hope is only that such a sentiment is accepted and that common sense, sanity, and most importantly the offspring of those two noble truths, Justice and Peace, is attained by and for all.
I am not sure how you can be unaware of the fact that Hindus suffered the brunt of '71 and continues to suffer to the present. Just because we don't chest thump and riot and use world media to portray our atrocities, just because we're not united like other organized religions....doesn't mean our suffering can be forgotten. Even after independence, Hindus in Bangladesh have suffered immensely and still doing it even to this day. Forced conversions, rapes, land grabbing are some of the weapons used in last 10 yrs

I disagree. Took this pic a few days ago. Can anything be more beautiful?
Yeah. Replace the highrise with a mountain with patches of green in the backgroud and some clouds on top. Maybe one of these days you can sit by the edge of Nariman Point feet dangling watching the Arabian Sea on a full moon and see how that pans out? :winky:

As a Muslim of Bangladeshi origins, I must applaud you in your defense of justice and truth - Quranic priniciples as highlighted in several Medina chapters, and found in ALL other religions. You (and a few others here) are a bigger man than me, and I gladly and humbly admit it. As a Muslim I do believe that Partition was for the best, as that means that Bangladesh is today an independent country, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. However Partition was approached in the totally wrong way in which people were incited to hatred, riots, and outright murder. I do not know if Muslims killed more Hindus or if Hindus killed more Muslims, but I do know that innocent lives lost are innocent lives lost regardless of religion. The tears shed are no less or more, the pain suffered is no less or more. My personal feeling is that Muslims were more to "blame" than Hindus for violence, and for that I would like to personally apologize to all affected although, I had nothing to do with any of it. My hope is only that such a sentiment is accepted and that common sense, sanity, and most importantly the offspring of those two noble truths, Justice and Peace, is attained by and for all.
I think our involvement in your freedom struggle has not given us anything not even the due credit. It is source of great anger and resentment for Pakistan.