Is IPL hurting Indian cricket?

Feed

Is IPL hurting Indian cricket?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Don't think so Mastana. Everyone loves cricket here. People love Modi here because they think IPL is something of an achievement for Indian cricket. They have not paid attention to the damages it is causing to Indian cricket and cricket in general. The day they'll realise about these aspects, they will stop loving him. I don't have any problem with Modi in particular, as the entire BCCI is only money mined. Why blame Modi alone here? BCCI is the parent body of Indian cricket and they should look after it.
Don't know about love but the admiration is definitely there. Saw an opportunity, seized it, now everyone wants to copy it, so respect for that.
Don't think so Mastana. Everyone loves cricket here. People love Modi here because they think IPL is something of an achievement for Indian cricket. They have not paid attention to the damages it is causing to Indian cricket and cricket in general. The day they'll realise about these aspects, they will stop loving him. I don't have any problem with Modi in particular, as the entire BCCI is only money mined. Why blame Modi alone here? BCCI is the parent body of Indian cricket and they should look after it.
But they are not looking after it. Thats where the problem is. All of them(fans) are giving credit to Modi for IPL. For building stadiums in India. The fact is IPL doesn't pay tax. They don't invest back into cricket. There is no transparency at all. He is turning out to be a hitler of a cricket. If they don't clip his wings now then indian cricket will suffer badly in the future.

Effect (bad) of IPL will show on Indian cricket from 3 years after. But most of the fans don't realise it. Modi or not, Indian cricket will be/is being hurt by IPL. I've presented many points. Not even one has been refuted by IPL fans who think it is doing wonders for Indian cricket. I'm still waiting for them, though don't hold my breath for that.

Effect (bad) of IPL will show on Indian cricket from 3 years after. But most of the fans don't realise it. Modi or not, Indian cricket will be/is being hurt by IPL. I've presented many points. Not even one has been refuted by IPL fans who think it is doing wonders for Indian cricket. I'm still waiting for them, though don't hold my breath for that.
It has already started. And BCCI is feeling it. Woh kehte hai na "paap ka ghara bhar chuka hai"

^^^ :hehe: Time to boycott IPL now. 94 games next year. It seems for seniors IPL is more important than playing against international teams like Zim and Sri Lanka. This is getting ridiculous now. I won't be surprised if they cancel India tour of West Indies next year. Modi lovers :finger:

No offense but I am also getting pissed off with IPL now and that too for such huge 50 or 94 matches tourney .. I agree that it is filling up BCCI's coffers but what is the benefit of making money if you cannot invest properly in the grassroot development of cricket in India .. we are not producing any quality bowlers and our bowling is turning crappier day in and day out .. the quality of our batsmen have also decreased .. they are turning FTBs rather than good batsmen like Sachin or Dravid .. I am fecked up with IPL as of now .. if you are making money but not developing cricket then I dont see any benefit of making money .. after the IPL started we have played two T20 WC and there have been two Super-8 exits .. so it does not seem to help in our improvement in T20 either ... it is instead helping the four foreign players .. KP, Mahila etc. played well in IPL and are also performing there whereas we are producing crap

No offense but I am also getting pissed off with IPL now and that too for such huge 50 or 94 matches tourney .. I agree that it is filling up BCCI's coffers but what is the benefit of making money if you cannot invest properly in the grassroot development of cricket in India .. we are not producing any quality bowlers and our bowling is turning crappier day in and day out .. the quality of our batsmen have also decreased .. they are turning FTBs rather than good batsmen like Sachin or Dravid .. I am fecked up with IPL as of now .. if you are making money but not developing cricket then I dont see any benefit of making money .. after the IPL started we have played two T20 WC and there have been two Super-8 exits .. so it does not seem to help in our improvement in T20 either ... it is instead helping the four foreign players .. KP' date=' Mahila etc. played well in IPL and are also performing there whereas we are producing crap[/quote'] ++

David warner has learnt to play freely against spinners. So is watson. They benefit more than our players lol. Also they benefit from the fact all the weaknesses of Indian players get exposed. Remember how Sangakkara used to have a slip straight away for Yuvraj in SL.

The white elephant destroying Indian cricket no one wants to talk about. There are threads asking for the head of practically every member of the team, captain, coach, support staff. Get rid of IPL and get Indian cricket back on it's feet. Once the last few legacies from the pre IPL times like Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman etc. quit have fun following Indian cricket.

IPL is an easy target. How about critics establish a firm causal link between that wretched league and our listless show in T20Is.
if it isn't even improving the performances of the team in the format it is in how does it help. urther easy money and fame through the IPL will eventually lead indians not wanting to opt for playing in the test and odi squads . why bother about all that

The Indian coach is on record saying IPL has effected performances, before being shut up by the BCCI. There are hazaar other reasons which have been mentioned time and again about how IPL has been detrimental to Indian cricket, but those with gold dust in their eyes obviously won't see it. It might be here to stay, but so is China in Tibet.

IPL can only affect those players who don't have any respect or pride for the country they are playing.. However Indian players could've been affected by IPL because of easy money and fame. Indian players are generally lazy, lethargic and over-hyped. IPL suits them. Players from other nations still have pride for their country.. So they'll perform, irrespective of IPL or not.