Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud

Feed

Bradman is the greatest, Sachin comes only second: Waugh, Benaud  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

I never implied that Ashes is higher pressure event. Just that Ashes was in those days the most high pressure events in the absence of tourneys like ODI WC and other marque series. I am equating the pressure of playing in Ashes to high marque series of today and thus implying that the belief that those who played in that era played under little pressure is not on I am sorry to say but apart from thinking Tendulkar is the greatest, another characteristics of tendulkar fanboys is that they don't follow how a point has been built upon. they don't understand what's being implied in the posts. Pick out a few words and respond to that when the answer to that is already in the post they picked the words from. To illustrate: Example A: Rett: Monkey is the biggest animal, right? No it's not. TF (tendulkar fan boy): *he would highlight the "monkey is the biggest animal" and say something like* haha, it's not Example B: TF: He plays under tremendous pressue? Rett: Ashes was the preimeir tourney in the Bradman era. It was a high pressure event just like today's top tourneys. TF: Stop claiming ashes had higher pressure than playing today Example C: Rett: so who said Mathama Gandhi is a hero? He was not a hero, infact because of him India is suffering today. This is a line of thinking I find it hard to understand. Gandhi is a hero. TF: *would highlight he was not a hero part and say* what so you think gandhi is not a hero. Example D: Rett: Do intangibles play a part when comparing Vensarkar to Tendulkar? TF: The spelling of Vengsarkar is wrong If you see it's mostly folks like these who debate Tendulkar is greatest. This is one of the reasons, I don't rate TFs highly and one of the reasons why they get laughed off. How seriously you can take their posts except for fun :P
the feeling is mutual :two_thumbs_up: your posts would be more suited to the fun & laughter section.
^ Example E :P In fact many of his posts could be nominated as examples :hehe:
and ALL of your posts should be nominated as jokes in the cricket section :haha:
the feeling is mutual :two_thumbs_up: your posts would be more suited to the fun & laughter section. and ALL of your posts should be nominated as jokes in the cricket section :haha:
In that case, the jokes section would have more meaningful posts than the regular section :hehe: First there was Lahori logic and now we have another, i.e. Tendulkar fanboy logic .... :hatsoff: to both of them
In that case, the jokes section would have more meaningful posts than the regular section :hehe: First there was Lahori logic and now we have another, i.e. Tendulkar fanboy logic ... :hatsoff: to both of them
well, the Lahori logic and the Fanboys logic both have been derived from the Bradman Brigade's logic that has been repeating the "Bradman is greatest because he averages 99.94" theory for the 70 odd years
poor chaps, so based on the pressure theory: Kumble > Warne/Murali (as they don't face as much pressure than Indian players) Dhoni > Gilchrist Zak > McGrath and so on To Indian cricketers :hatsoff: .... they are under so much pressure of fans, IPL money, scheduling ads in b/w practice, along w/ playing for India
No...thats not the case at all. Look at Gilchrist he has done amazing anywhere he plays is very charasmatic, liked in India. There is a select group that dreams of Shane Warne being India's next coach. McGrath wants to setup a pace academy in India etc. They were all awesome under pressure. How about "The Don" lol how did he handle pressure. He was scared to have a meal with his teammates after games. Too reclusive to give interviews. Cricket was purely a hobby for him he worked full time and was only able to cope with minor pressure he endured. SRT would thrive in Bradman's situation. Bradman would almost certainly commit suicide in SRT's situation. Living in SRT's time he'd be eaten alive.
well' date=' the Lahori logic and the Fanboys logic both have been derived from the Bradman Brigade's logic that has been repeating the "Bradman is greatest because he averages 99.94" theory for the 70 odd years[/quote'] So why didn't I hear that Tendulkar is the greatest in say 2006? That's almost 18 years of cricket I also read a thread where 1998s Tendulkar was compared to 2010s, what happened in between? And then I also saw many TF (iifc) saying 1998s version was better, but isn't the game suppose to be more competitive in 2010 :hmmmm:
So why didn't I hear that Tendulkar is the greatest in say 2006? That's almost 18 years of cricket I also read a thread where 1998s Tendulkar was compared to 2010s, what happened in between? And then I also saw many TF (iifc) saying 1998s version was better, but isn't the game suppose to be more competitive in 2010 :hmmmm:
just because you did'nt hear does'nt mean people did'nt say it a few years ago.
just because you did'nt hear does'nt mean people did'nt say it a few years ago.
Since we picked 1989-2006 period, below is how the batsmen did: LINK So you are suggesting that despite that^ some folks were suggesting that Tendulkar is the greatest batsman of all-time Thank you for proving my point abt TFs :P
So why didn't I hear that Tendulkar is the greatest in say 2006? That's almost 18 years of cricket I also read a thread where 1998s Tendulkar was compared to 2010s, what happened in between? And then I also saw many TF (iifc) saying 1998s version was better, but isn't the game suppose to be more competitive in 2010 :hmmmm:
Btw, this is what happened b/w 1998 and 2010: 1 Jan 1999 to 1 Jan 2010 (min 5000 runs) LINK And then we take it record against: - McGrath-Warne - Donald-Pollock - Wasim - Waqar - Murali-Malinga Is it that based on 1998 version and 2010 version, Tendulkar is the greatest? :hehe: And some folks found it hilarious when I picked Sobers at #2 ahead of Tendulkar :P
Since we picked 1989-2006 period, below is how the batsmen did: LINK So you are suggesting that despite that^ some folks were suggesting that Tendulkar is the greatest batsman of all-time Thank you for proving my point abt TFs :P
yet again you show your extensive knowledge of and deep insights into the game of cricket by completely ignoring each and every ODI played between 1989 and 2007 :hatsoff:
Btw, this is what happened b/w 1998 and 2010: 1 Jan 1999 to 1 Jan 2010 (min 5000 runs) LINK And then we take it record against: - McGrath-Warne - Donald-Pollock - Wasim - Waqar - Murali-Malinga Is it that based on 1998 version and 2010 version, Tendulkar is the greatest? :hehe: And some folks found it hilarious when I picked Sobers at #2 ahead of Tendulkar :P
BTW IIRC Goddy has played international cricket from 1989 onwards :hmmm: or maybe it was only you that started watching from 1998 so you are only talking of numbers from 1998 onwards. Also, he played cricket in 2010 also but you seem to have conveniently forgotten that in this nitpicking.
yet again you show your extensive knowledge of and deep insights into the game of cricket by completely ignoring each and every ODI played between 1989 and 2007 :hatsoff: BTW IIRC Goddy has played international cricket from 1989 onwards :hmmm: or maybe it was only you that started watching from 1998 so you are only talking of numbers from 1998 onwards. Also, he played cricket in 2010 also but you seem to have conveniently forgotten that in this nitpicking.
^ Example F :hysterical: read properly (see what is quoted in that post and read a few posts I made already on this page), understand how the point is being built up, otherwise you are just dumbing down this thread :winky:
It's not Bradman's fault he only played against England. What is to say he wouldn't have the same, if not a better average if he played against other teams ? This whole debate is rather tedious. It's been over-discussed, Bradman the best of his era, Tendulkar the best of his era. That is how I see things. It is too subjective to compare which of the two is better.
Brad man is bet of gilly danda era.... when just white elites used to plays. Blacks and browns were nothing but porter. Even non-elite white were nothing but porter for them. Probably count of total number of people knowing Niall O Brain in Ireland will be same as that of total number of people knowing Bradman. I wonder you if your argument justifies the British farmers who initially created basic rules of crickets . They were best in their era. Isnt it
It's not Bradman's fault he only played against England. What is to say he wouldn't have the same, if not a better average if he played against other teams ? This whole debate is rather tedious. It's been over-discussed, Bradman the best of his era, Tendulkar the best of his era. That is how I see things. It is too subjective to compare which of the two is better.
It's not my fault that I only played against my neighbors across the street. What is to say I wouldn't have averaged 400, if not a better average if I played against Australia ? This whole debate is rather tedious. It's been over-discussed, I am the best of the contemporaries in my street, Tendulkar the best of his contemporaries in international cricket. That is how I see things. It is too subjective to compare which one of us is better, though i grudgingly admit that Tendulkar plays that backfoot cover drive a tad better than me.